Sign in to follow this  
RodneyTrottersFC

a trip (and injury) down memory lane...

Last post for today:

After having won the Championship, enjoying being 1st place for 22 games, we were having a terrible attempt at the top flight. We found ourselves bottom, having won just 3 games, with 7 games to go.

Then we beat United 2-0; and so began a comeback to marvel at. It meant we had managed get to have our own survival in our own hands.

I watched that game in the pub with my brother and unfortunately, I can remember it well... We got thumped for 6 at Fulham, meaning we got relegated with 33 points.

It''s crazy looking back 9 years: Bolton finished 6th, Middlesbrough finished 7th and Charleton finished 11th!

Our attack ranking that season was 15th (currently=18th), with a goals per game of 1.11 (c=0.79) despite failed to score being 37% (c=38%).

Our defensive ranking was the worst in the league (c=17th) by a margin of 11 goals and -10 GD.

Then, as we all know... We failed to go back up for many years and even fell into the 3rd tier... We got thumped 7-1 on opening day and soon pinched their manager... The rest, as they say, is history....

Don''t get me wrong: I am one of Hughton''s biggest anti-fans but I do feel the poor guy had tough luck to follow our best manager for a long time :-)

I think you are spending more than enough valuable time thinking about this and need to get a life.....and even though these are certainly challenging times to be a Norwich City supporter........ try and enjoy the football! 

Wow... Talk about unnecessary lol could understand it if it was a post solely about slamming Hughton

"get a life" ... Ha! At risk of sounding like a diva: you dont know me, who do you think you are?

"try and enjoy the football" important word there is try... I cant help it if I find Hughton''s style and our performences hard to enjoy