Sign in to follow this  
Stu Robson

A point would be a good result

A point tommorow would be a good result because it would keep the 2 point gap between us and saints. Of cause 3 points would be fantastic, but i would be very happy with 1 point considering the teams run in.

I know what you mean but it depends how the game pans out. If we are losing 2-0 but fight back to 2-2 then yes, happy days!  But if we throw away a 2 goal lead (a la Palace) then I would be gutted with a point even though it''s the same result.

We must go for a win though, we are on a roll & should play like it. What a time to get our first away win of the season.

I''d easily take a point, even if we are 2-0 up (unless its in the last few minutes we concede). It doesn''t matter when they are scored, just that they are. I bet Worthy would take 1-1 now if he could.

3 points is what we need.

but i wouldnt say no to a point.

something is better than nothing!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!

If we go out to defend for a draw then forget it. We will LOSE AND get relegated. Our best chance of getting ahead of Palace (which is what we must do) is tomorrow - I think they will lose at Newcastle. We need to get 3 points ahead if that happens. One point MAY be ok but it simply means that we will then be relying on us going to Fulham to win OR relying on Palace slipping up in their last two games (both of which are very winnable).

I do agree though that we don''t need to go flat out from minute one and pile people forward. We must keep discipline and shape and concentration. If we do that and play football and use the space on that massive pitch of theirs we can cause them a lot of problems. Get a goal up and their fragile confidence slips even further away.

I dont think anyone is saying go and play for a draw.  As you point out 3 points are there for the takling if we play as we have recently and go for the jugular.  If the attitude is right, we work hard, concentrate in defence and  get at them in midfield I am sure that our strikers will take one of their chances.

While a win is perfect I would be happy with a point if it was offered now.

OTBC

I think we need a minimum of 4 points from the next 2 games, whether that is achieved by winning tomorrow and drawing against Birmingham or vice-versa, as long as we don''t lose I''ll be happy!

I can see Palace losing tomorrow (fingers crossed) and beating Southampton next weekend, but I don''t think they''ll beat Charlton on the last day. The local rivalry seems quite fierce and the Charlton fans I was sharing a few beers with on the train back to London last weekend were really looking forward to relegating them!

And remember, this is NCFC we''re talking about here so there are bound to be plenty of twists and turns over the next few weeks and if it didn''t go down to the last minute of the last game I''d be disappointed! *

*obviously I''m lying through my teeth, I''d give almost anything for 6 points from the next two games and Premiership safety secured before we play Fulham!!