Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

"Chris Hughton can be cautious to the point of tears." - The Guardian

Just a funny little quote from the Guardian''s "10 thing to look for" this weekend in the Prem. Full piece on Norwich Vs Man City:

"8) Are Norwich just going to take a Manchester City backlash?

When it comes to style clashes, it is hard to beat Wenger v Sam Allardyce or Roberto Martínez v Tony Pulis. But the biggest juxtaposition of mindsets in the Premier League this season may well take place at Carrow Road this weekend: Manuel Pellegrini can be adventurous to the point of being cavalier, Chris Hughton can be cautious to the point of tears. Injuries may limit Pellegrini''s options to beef up the midfield that was bullied by Chelsea on Monday so the major question is: given City''s possible vulnerability and the fact that his team''s previous attempt to hold them at bay resulted in annihilation at the Etihad, will Hughton dare to unshackle his side a tad? PD"

"given City''s possible vulnerability...will Hughton dare to unshackle his side a tad?"

This is a complete contradiction, what is he on about... [innocent face]

I think whoever wrote this article should have steered clear from calling either side ''City'' I know Man.C are probably known more commonly as City to the wider world, but its still a bit silly...
Anyway, who knows what Hughton will do. We did beat Man.C last season, we do need the points. Hughton''s job isn''t safe, even if he has the rest of the season and we stay up he could still easily be sacked. I''m actually expecting us to play quite well, we did under Hughton at home last year as well didn''t we? Was that the 4-3 loss, or was that under Lambert? My memory of the game suggests it was a Lambert game, but I''m sure it was last season.
I think we''ll take it to them, get a goal or two and show our intent. Rolling over is not only bad normally, but with our already terrible goal difference and the extremely tight nature of the bottom half we can''t afford to let it drop by another 4/5 goals.

Don''t you love how when we one last season Man City were apprently "on the beach" .  This season Hughton is inept for losing 7 yet others have fared little better.But we don''t stand a chance apparently because of Hughton, despite beating them last season and doing no worse than many others.Some of our "fans" have got completely lost the plot. People moan about big money corrupting football, those saying we are under-performing have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Last season we won one apiece and the aggregate score was 6-6. Did we have a guest manager for those games?

[/quote]We only need to beat them 7-0 tomorrow to even things up this season