Sign in to follow this  
djc

on the beach...

We beat Man City away at end of last season, many said MC were on the beach. So, why dont we play dirty tomorrow, sling a load of sand on the pitch, perhaps a couple of deckchairs and stick it up ''em!!!

Have you seen the weather forecast?No-one goes to the beach when it''s raining!In fact, some fans won''t even take their cars out if it''s wet....The only water they''re likely to see is when it trickles through on their streams. [:)]

[quote user="djc"]We beat Man City away at end of last season, many said MC were on the beach. So, why dont we play dirty tomorrow, sling a load of sand on the pitch, perhaps a couple of deckchairs and stick it up ''em!!![/quote]Totally agree. 1500 tons should do it - no half measures; show them we mean business. A couple of palm trees in the "holes" for Wes to run around. Some samba and bossa nova over the speakers to remind them not to risk injury or they''ll miss the World Cup. RVW on the bench - don''t want him stubbing his toe!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Lots of wind and rain is the order of the day, heavy pitch could be a big leveller[/quote]

I remember those good old days of January / Febuary, when the pitch would be a mud bath, definate leveller, but I can''t see this new generation being allowed to play on such pitches. Those were the good old days, when a 70 yard hoof would stick in the mud and turn into a great 70 yard pass!

I did read somewhere a suggestion that when playing "better" passing sides we should not water the pitch as doing so aided the opposition.

Alternately we water it so heavily it turns into a facsimile of the old Baseball ground, try playing tika - taka on that Man Citeh

[quote user="lappinitup"]Weather update.......50-60 mph gusts with heavy showers.[um] [um] [um]LAKEY!! [um] [um] [um][:D][/quote]

Joking aside, I''ve been looking at the forecast for travelling and its not too bad apart from the wind.  Over in Norwich the wind will be quite strong and from the south, so it will be a factor in the match imo.   Playing towards the Barclay end is going to be presumably easier with the wind behind you, there or thereabouts.    So which end we start could have a bearing on the way the match pans out. 

[quote user="lappinitup"]Weather update.......50-60 mph gusts with heavy showers.[um] [um] [um]LAKEY!! [um] [um] [um][:D][/quote]

Which is much better than it will be in Sussex Lapps. So looking forward to some fine weather for my day out.

I personally think that Man City will be slightly more focussed for this game.......a bit like they were at the Etihad this season when they took control from the off.......For us to beat them in the manner that we did at the end of last season......just ain''t gonna happen, I feel.....(Even the Mancs without Aguero)....