Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

End of season Hughton decision

Irrespective of weather or not we stay up Hughton must go. There has been absolutely no progress since he arrived. Waiting for results of games is worse than pulling teeth. He is just too negative in the way he has the team playing. I do feel two years is enough for him to show what he is capable of. If he doesn''t go, I can see attendance figures falling.What do others think?

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]Irrespective of weather or not we stay up Hughton must go. There has been absolutely no progress since he arrived. Waiting for results of games is worse than pulling teeth. He is just too negative in the way he has the team playing. I do feel two years is enough for him to show what he is capable of. If he doesn''t go, I can see attendance figures falling.What do others think?[/quote]

Your title says "end of season" and that is the time for this issue - the end of the season.  Not now when we have more important things to think about such as staying in this league.    Also we are not half as negative as people make out, often it is just poor play,  through lack of confidence and continuity.   Two years would be right. We have a approximately a third of a season to go yet before that.   If he gets us playing well at the most important time of the season and we start scoring more, a lot of people will start to think that maybe things are turning in our - and his -favour.  Its a big "if" I grant you, but the uncertainty is what makes it interesting. But you are right - it is something to consider..................at the end of the season.

I am very confident that survive or fall Hughton will be fired at the end of the season.

The Board clearly think, due to last season, that Hughton can save us this time round but they can''t be content with 10 league wins in the last 45 and 1+ goals in 13 / 62 games.

My decision was made at the end of last season and I have seen nothing since to make me change my mind.

I would have thought that after the Delia out campaign the members of the organisation that was such a farce it can not be named on here would have learned not to trust their own judgement.

The mob got it wrong with Delia and they''ve got it wrong with CH.

I think that he will definitely be gone at the end of the season and i don''t see him surviving a hostile crowd reaction on Saturday if we get hammered again!

[quote user="Alfie54"]I think that he will definitely be gone at the end of the season and i don''t see him surviving a hostile crowd reaction on Saturday if we get hammered again![/quote]

I''m not sure we do hostile anymore Mr Alfie.

Tilly - I just think experience shows us that fans make emotional subjective judgements rather than fully informed objective judgements.

There was a lot of people on here who wanted Delia out supported by a certain organization and they called it wrong so I don''t trust the views of the "mob" on here who egg each other on against CH. If someone could give me a sensible, coherent argument that recognises the financial reality and the position of other clubs than I would be willing to be convinced but the abuse and illogical arguments confirm that CH anti''s are thinking emotionally rather than rationally.

Stop pussy footing around your ''mob'' reference and spell it out because I am unaware of a ''certain organisation'' offering assistance to anybody calling for Delia''s head. Who was leading this ''mob'' and what assistance was offered or given ?

hughton, calderwood and trollope all have to go just because of the gutless style of football theyve brought it, lets have a man manager (not a coach) with the right staff around him.worked wonders last timeid prefer a battle than a ''lets hold on for dear life'' performance. kick them off the park if you have too

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Stop pussy footing around your ''mob'' reference and spell it out because I am unaware of a ''certain organisation'' offering assistance to anybody calling for Delia''s head. Who was leading this ''mob'' and what assistance was offered or given ?

[/quote]

Who has called for our Delia''s head Mr Til, its all new to me have I missed something?

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Who has called for our Delia''s head Mr Til, its all new to me have I missed something?

[/quote]

That''s what I am trying to establish Jimbo. Read T''s posts on this thread.

My mind was made up before the end of last season and nothing has changed. Not the time for the debate however, OTBC!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s what I am trying to establish Jimbo. Read T''s posts on this thread.

[/quote]

Well I can remember an orgainsation that regularly published an anti-Delia blog on their web site....

If we stay up and it will be a close run thing if we do it will be despite Hughton and his cronies. I do not think survival by a close margin in our 3rd season is anything to be proud about. with the squad available to him at the start of the season i am convinced that every manager in the championship could have achieved the same or better

Absolutely ridiculous Yorkshire. What you''re actually saying is that every point we win will have nothing to do with Hughton and every point we drop will be Hughton''s fault. Please tell me you were ''avin'' a laff????

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well I can remember an orgainsation that regularly published an anti-Delia blog on their web site....

[/quote]

I think you will find that was a short term infiltration by some members of this messageboard.

Of course points we win has something to do with Hughton, but many many others put in charge would have succeeded as least as well and probably better. I give him great credit for spotting a good player, i have by and large liked many of his signings but he spoils it by stunting the attacking players creativity and given the goals that we have let in he cannot pretend to have sorted out the defence

What''s signing players got to do with it? There''s 14 games left this season. Where we finish will be where we deserve to finish under Hughton''s management. Or are you already looking for excuses to somehow discount games he wins when the season reaches it''s day of reckoning.

Well lets see where we are at the end of the seasons hall we. I hope we stay up and we may do so by the odd point. I would be amazed if he is not binned then before next season to the relief of many many supporters including huge numbers of the so called silent majority