Sign in to follow this  
Canary Brem

Saints Striker crisis???

Saints have now recalled Dexter Blackstock from his loan spell, so along with Ormerod coming back, sounds like ol''Arry is panicking a bit.

Do you reckon they need to win!?

Niemi

Dodd (recalled)  Jakobson

Telfer      Quashie

Parhars   Camara    Blackstock (recalled)

Phillips  Crouch  Ormerod (recalled) 

Not surprised...............it really is s.it or bust for them, if they are losing with 10 minutes to go I am sure you will find they put on 4 strikers, they simply cannot afford to lose.

A draw wouldn''t be great for them but a defeat would almost certainly mean relegation.

I would expect them to start with Crouchy and Phillips, if we are doing well - Camara would come on for a 3 man strike force and it would be made up to 4 if they still can''t score.

Ormerod is a fairly straight replacement for Crouchy as well, just in case his hamstring goes again. From what I have seen of Blackstock, he actually quite impressed me - direct and fairly dangerous in the box.

We shall see................

Mark .Y.

Dexter Blackstock - 4 goals in 14 games for Plymouth.Doesn''t sound like Premiership quality to me, but will be touching wood as these comments normally come back and bite me on the Lawrenson

dd I refer you to your previous answer........ ie Huckerby 50/50 is probably just to confuse the opposition. It looks like all hands to the pumps to me and get some fresh blood in that have not been losinf recently.

Did Blackstock not do quite well for them earlier in the season, before Crouchy hit form? I''m going to be panicking whoever they field, as they have nothing to lose and I still don''t have much confidence in our defence. I just hope any gung ho attitude Southampton are forced to take will enable us to score more goals than them. I can see quite a high-scoring game here a-la Selhurst Park with each side desperate for a win.