Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Will Yobo play tomorrow?

A very experienced player.  Could give Bassong a boost, I don''t know why, just a hunch, but if Yobo and Bassong play at their best, we have a very good central pairing and with Ollson strong on the left, the team starts looking potentially very strong.  Add Gutierrez Tettey and Fer in midfield and that looks a strong line up.  How about -                    Ruddy     Martin Yobo Bassong OllsonSnodgrass  Fer Tettey Johnson Gutierrez                    Hooper

with Redmond/Pilks/RVW to come on at some stage.

Ruddy

Martin Yobo Bassong Ollson

Snodgrass Fer Tettey Johnson Gutierrez

Hooper

with Redmond/Pilks/RVW to come on at some stage.

I would go with that team tomorrow.

If we play the suggested teams don''t think I will bother to go. The whole of the game will be spent in our half. But a likely Hughton negative lineup. Give Murphy and Redmond with Hooper a go. It might!,!,!!! Give us a bit of entertainment for a change.

[quote user="vos"]If we play the suggested teams don''t think I will bother to go. The whole of the game will be spent in our half. But a likely Hughton negative lineup. Give Murphy and Redmond with Hooper a go. It might!,!,!!! Give us a bit of entertainment for a change.[/quote]and then we would probably see a new record score in the premier league

i don''t get this too negative/positive stuff - it does not work across all teams in the league. Some games (like tomorrow) you have no choice but to set up to be hard to break down. We will probably lose tomorrow but stand more chance of getting at least a point with LDCs team than by playing Redmond & Murphy

So Bennett hasn''t trained all week & he''s now half fit? With one league he will have more match sharpness than Yobo!

Yobo not played all season & you expect him to face up to the most potent goal scoring team the premier league has ever known!! God help us if that''s the best option we have, he will get torn to shreds

We need to go with pace so Redmond has to play ,hes are most attacking player and we have to at least try stretch there team I would probably play pilks aswell seems to play better against the bigger teams

[quote user="funny old game"]So Bennett hasn''t trained all week & he''s now half fit? With one league he will have more match sharpness than Yobo!

Yobo not played all season & you expect him to face up to the most potent goal scoring team the premier league has ever known!! God help us if that''s the best option we have, he will get torn to shreds[/quote]
No he won''t have more match sharpness if he''s injured. He hasn''t trained all week, its not because he didn''t fancy it. Its because he hasn''t been able to. If he can''t run around the training pitch and practice some corners how on earth is he supposed to defend against ''the most potent goal scoring team the premier league has every known!!''?
Bennett gets torn to shreds by good strikers anyway. Suarez was laughing at the amount of room Bennett gave him, no other CB gives him that much. If Bennett were playing you could almost guarantee at some point when Yaya or one of the others find the obvious space between midfield and defence, and he''s facing Bennett, our man would have given him more space thane he could hope for to smash it into the top corner.
Bennett needs to work on that like Redmond needs to work on his end product/decision making.

That starting line up can''t be too far from what we''ll go with. To be all gung ho would be suicide, we aren''t good enough for a too attacking formation against the best sides. One thing for sure is that we need to be in their faces and press them continually to put them off their stride - how Stoke did earlier in the season and who should have won.

You''re right about Suarez of course, but that''s not the first time he''s ripped us apart is it? or many other defences for that matter. Since getting back into the team Bennett''s been one of a few plus points, of course I''m not suggesting that he should play if he''s not right, merely that if he''s not trained for 5 days in order to let the injury heal then missing a few days training isn''t going to affect him anything like as much not playing all season Yobo isn''t match fit & I will be amazed if starts

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I hope so, since Bennett hasn''t been training this week. Don''t want a half fit CB against anyone let alone Man.C[/quote]

Am I right in thinking that yobo has only played once this season, meaning he won''t be match fit?

LDC,

IMO, the team will be;

Ruddy

Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson

Tettey, Johnson

Redmond, Fer, Pilkington

Hooper

Subs; Bunn, Garrido, Whitts, Becchio, Elmander, RvW, (Hoolhan or Murphy)

[quote user="funny old game"] Since getting back into the team Bennett''s been one of a few plus points,  [/quote]

Has he?

And what are the other plus points?

Ha.

Well I''m pretty sure you wouldn''t have left them both out of the whole squad without reason.

GJP,

You may be right, you may be wrong!

But then I may be right, I may be wrong.

There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don''t know. But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don''t know. Donald Rumsfeld and Ray

Time will tell!

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="funny old game"] Since getting back into the team Bennett''s been one of a few plus points,  [/quote]

Has he?

[/quote]

Not many I agree, 4 points from the last 2 home games is a acceptable return despite playing awfully, Ruddy returning to something like his best would be a plus & Kevin''s hog roast moving back to catering area are all I can think of without really bothering, not very exciting trying to be positive is it? but then this board would be empty if there was nothing to moan about,

I''m going to try it, I predict that Man city will score between 4 & 7 today

oh how easy it is to be negative.

It must be very likely, with Bennett missing training all week because of injury.

In the video of his arrival Yobo looks a chunk of a player. So his inclusion may rest on how far the management regard him as fit. They may decide that for such a quick team as Man City, he is not up to speed.

Assuming that they will not move Martin across, because we would miss him at RB, it may come down to a fine judgement of fitness between recovery from injury by Bennett and match fitness of Yobo. From outside, it is difficult to know which will win.

[quote user="Ray"]LDC,

IMO, the team will be;

Ruddy

Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson

Tettey, Johnson

Redmond, Fer, Pilkington

Hooper

Subs; Bunn, Garrido, Whitts, Becchio, Elmander, RvW, (Hoolhan or Murphy)[/quote]Now that''s what i call a very good prediction ,or in the know  ?

[quote user="Madison"]Yobo played really well today, looks to be a good addition to the squad.[/quote]

I said on another thread he looks head and shoulders better than anything else we have.. possibly too early to judge but we looked much more confident with him in.

Thought Yobo was immense today. Bassong looked to be more comfortable playing alongside him. Understandably he''ll have to ratchet up his match fitness, but he looks like a quality signing.

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="GJP"]

Has he?

[/quote]

Not many I agree, 4 points from the last 2 home games is a acceptable return despite playing awfully, Ruddy returning to something like his best would be a plus & Kevin''s hog roast moving back to catering area are all I can think of without really bothering, not very exciting trying to be positive is it? but then this board would be empty if there was nothing to moan about,

I''m going to try it, I predict that Man city will score between 4 & 7 today

oh how easy it is to be negative.[/quote]

Well Yobo played & I hold my hands up, after a shaky first few moments I thought he had a very good debut, what a great day to look back on with a few beers this evening, if we show that determination & the crowd give that much passion together we can gain the points we need to maintain our premier status, well done to all!