Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Bird

Do you ever leave before the final whistle?

I have never left and can''t understand why people do it. For the last few seasons, a couple on my row always leave on about 80 minutes, whether we were winning, losing or drawing. In the Lambert days, they missed a hatful of late goals!

I see quite a few exiting before the end in the other stands.

Do you leave early and, if so, what''s your reason? Is it to beat the traffic?!

Never - I always have to travel distance so I want to get the most out of it, win or lose - unfortunately the only win I have seen this season was Watford away, and that is a classic example of why you shouldn''t leave early......

Never.

I especially would like to know the reasons many people leave during a great game which could go either way.... Crazy.

In fact rather than attempt to get out early, I sit tight, wait for the scores from other games to appear on the score board, then listen to a bit of Canary call until the exits are clear.

If we haven''t scored I often leave after 15 minutes. I mean if they players aren''t going to put in the effort why should I?
Don''t want to get stuck in traffic after all.
(P.S, I don''t leave early. Never have left a game before final whistle, hopefully never will)

People that tend to leave early also tend to get to their seat at the beginning of matches at the very last minute. They also leave early at half time to get at the front of the drinks queue and for some reason are always last back to their seat at the start of the second half.  So what seems to happen is that you are standing up several times through the course of a match to let the same person or persons through right from before kick off.    So by the time they get up to leave early, you are already irritated with them. 

Nope, never leave before the final whistle, as I like to see our substitutions that usually made whether we''re winning, drawing or losing -  around the 89th minute mark.....and witness in hope, how they might change the game for the four or five minutes that they''re on for.....

Yes I have left early a couple of times but not this season, reason for it is I had to be at work as soon as I could and would rather miss 2 minuets of a game then 90

Yes

But I''ve also left the cinema and even music concerts early too in the past. Guess I''m just easily bored.

Oh, but I''m always in my seat at least 40 minutes before kick off watching the warm ups etc.

I work nights every Friday and Saturday and never leave early from a game even though I have been sorely tempted when losing and clearly not going to get back into the game.

Knowing I may miss a moment of magic and the fear of regretting it, simply for a slightly shorter journey home (or to work) just isn''t worth it.

I actually wish I would leave early sometimes as by match time I''ve probably only had 2 hours sleep that day with the prospect of another 2 max before work again, but it''s just something I''ve never done and can''t imagine doing (including the 1-7).

Many have their own reasons for going early and i would never criticize. being a Yorkshire-man at heart i have never left early as i always want to get my monies worth and have seen many many goals by doing so in the last 20 years

My dad & i did it just the once, back in about 1982.Nowich were 2-0 down against Luton with about 10 minutes to go.Norwich won 3-2. We missed all of the Norwich goals.Never again!!