Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

bit of a cliche but....

play like that, or at least with the same attacking style and impetus for the rest of the season and city will stay up

one thing today does prove, is that robert snodgrass shouldnt start another game this season, redmond and pilks are much more balanced and much less awkward looking when going forward

What that SHOULD do is give the ream confidence.Hold out against Man C and you get get points against anyone.Arguably Hughton DID do a job on Man City. Maybe he had a chat with Jose !

[quote user="chicken"]Yup, but when was the last time that line up was available to be selected?[/quote]i understand your point but then that comes back to the responsibility of the manager to create a squad big enough or versatile enough to deal with injuries

all that aside, i really hope we dont see snoddy back in the first 11 for some time, i dont like 1 up front but the team looked so much more balanced today, inverted wingers is a terrible idea and restricts the play so much as well as affecting the positioning of the players around them

iron_stan wrote the following post at 08/02/2014 5:43 PM:

chicken wrote:

Yup, but when was the last time that line up was available to be selected?

i understand your point but then that comes back to the responsibility of the manager to create a squad big enough or versatile enough to deal with injuries

all that aside, i really hope we dont see snoddy back in the first 11 for some time, i dont like 1 up front but the team looked so much more balanced today, inverted wingers is a terrible idea and restricts the play so much as well as affecting the positioning of the players around them

Iron Stan - I couldn''t agree more.

If Snodgrass ever gets back in the team it certainly should not be on the right wing.

again its another footballing cliche, and ive been saying it since day dot - but its the square pegs/round holes issue

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="chicken"]Yup, but when was the last time that line up was available to be selected?[/quote]i understand your point but then that comes back to the responsibility of the manager to create a squad big enough or versatile enough to deal with injuries

all that aside, i really hope we dont see snoddy back in the first 11 for some time, i dont like 1 up front but the team looked so much more balanced today, inverted wingers is a terrible idea and restricts the play so much as well as affecting the positioning of the players around them[/quote]How? With a quick loan from Wonga? We have no idea what''s left in the kitty.Fair play to you though Stan for acknowledging the performance, I had you down as a "see no good, hear no good, speak no good" knee-jerk outer, perhaps I should (we all should?) be a bit slower to jump to conclusions.

i mean this in the nicest possible way ''nuff said but i couldnt care less what people think :)in regards to the money this club is quite capable of bringing players in on loan, not more than two weeks ago there were debates over signing scott dann and the chap in italyi still want him gone, i think hes capable of just keeping the club in the division, but thats not enough, especially with the style of play and especially with the money spent (9th highest spenders until january) need to aim higher and i dont think hes the bloke to do it, i think some of the players are capable of much more and i question if hes the manager to get it out of them

how on earth does this prove snodgrass should not start another game? or is it simply because redmond had a great game today....is that your logic?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]inverted wingers is a terrible idea and restricts the play so much[/quote]As Pilks and Redmond swapped wings several times today, what went wrong as I must have missed it?

At this point I think it is easier to name the players in our senior squad that haven''t been reported as having an injury this season (and I am probably wrong here on a couple:

Nash, Ruddy, Whittaker, Fox, Johnson, Fer, Redmond, Hoolahan, Elmander, Becchio.

Then consider how many of our key players have been out at the same time. At one point we had three injured wingers.

How can a manager legislate for that?

[quote user="chicken"]Yup, but when was the last time that line up was available to be selected?[/quote]

erm, todays lineup was never available before. It was Yobo''s debut!

lappinitup wrote the following post at 08/02/2014 6:56 PM:

Yellow Wall wrote:

inverted wingers is a terrible idea and restricts the play so much

As Pilks and Redmond swapped wings several times today, what went wrong as I must have missed it?

Actually Lapp it was iron_stan who wrote that, not me, I merely agreed with his post.

I will, however, agree that they did swap sides a few times today and it proved to be very useful. Redmond did though, spend more time on the right, something that doesn''t happen when Snodgrass is playing.

Redmond and Pilkington''s direct approach, more evident when they were on their natural sides, proved to be a bigger threat than we have seen in other matches when Snodgrass is on the right.

Snodgrass is, undoubtedly, a useful footballer, but he does us no favours on the right when he drifts in crosses with his left foot to the heart of opposition defences after slowing any attack, he is part of, down.

If, and when, he returns to first team action I hope it is not on the right wing.