Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Norwich City vs Man City match thread

Yeah, kind of silly to be ripping into RVW when he''s just come on and done just as well as Hooper.

I just hope something drops for him soon!

Excellent performance today. Very pleased with that. We were resolute in defence and the lads played with their hearts on their sleeves. Can''t ask for any more than that.
I enjoy watching Norwich far more when Snodgrass isn''t in the team. Redmond''s end product wasn''t great but he gave us a couple of clear cut openings with his pace and positivity. Thought Pilks had a very good game too.
Looking forward to getting Howson back, as him alongside Tettey and Fer is by far our best central midfield trio. He''s been a big miss for us. It''s no coincidence that our poor run of form has come since his injury.

Great result and a solid performance Fer/Tettey/Bj were pretty solid today against probably the best midfield in the league

The thing that we have to try and achieve now is some level of consistency. The team (and management staff) have shown that they can take the game to even the best teams in the league but they need to start achieving similar levels of performance in other games as well.
Anyway, the return of Tettey to the starting lineup was a big boost. It allows us to play that 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 system that we have consistently produced our best football in. Swap Johnson for Howson (when fit) and we have a midfield full of energy that is capable of supplying our attacking three (either RvW or Hooper and one of our selection of wingers) with the ball so they can function as a good attacking unit.

Snodgrass had a good game last week against a poor Cardiff team but we looked far more positive and dangerous today with Redmond on the right against a good Manchester City team.

Fully agree with ''kick it off''.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]It looks like a sensible team/formation, with the aim, I think, for Fer to play as the link-man between midfield and attack.[/quote]The updated statistics (with last season''s in brackets) are:Points per game: 1.0 (1.157).Goals scored per game: 0.76 (1.0789).Goals conceded per game: 1.48 (1.526).If this continued exactly we would finish on 38 points (44) with a goal difference of -27 (-17).The only significant change is that the goals conceded figure has, for the first time in a long while, dropped noticeably below last season''s figure. Balancing that to an extent is that the goals scored figure is dropping.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]It looks like a sensible team/formation, with the aim, I think, for Fer to play as the link-man between midfield and attack.[/quote]The updated statistics (with last season''s in brackets) are:Points per game: 1.0 (1.157).Goals scored per game: 0.76 (1.0789).Goals conceded per game: 1.48 (1.526).If this continued exactly we would finish on 38 points (44) with a goal difference of -27 (-17).The only significant change is that the goals conceded figure has, for the first time in a long while, dropped noticeably below last season''s figure. Balancing that to an extent is that the goals scored figure is dropping. [/quote]

Hi Purple

You are a man on top of his stats, could you tell me how we are comparing on the clean sheets front, this season to last?

Thanks

[quote user="Phil and Ted"] Hi Purple

You are a man on top of his stats, could you tell me how we are comparing on the clean sheets front, this season to last?

Thanks[/quote]
All you have to do is go through last season''s results and count. Then go through this season''s results and count.
Not exactly a challenge requiring statistical mastery, just basic counting skills.
Why not just do it yourself?

" Yeah, kind of silly to be ripping into RVW when he''s just come on and done just as well as Hooper "

Looked to me like RvW was keeping the pressure on their CB''s nicely - enough to force the ball out of play, from which Redmond delivered the pass into the box he almost connected with, and enough to force that sly kick in the back too...

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Phil and Ted"] Hi Purple

Thanks[/quote]
All you have to do is go through last season''s results and count. Then go through this season''s results and count.
Not exactly a challenge requiring statistical mastery, just basic counting skills.
Why not just do it yourself?
[/quote]

Don''t you hate it when you politely ask somebody something and then someone else sticks their oar in?