Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Norwich City vs Man City match thread

Good half!!!

it''s amazing how quiet this thread is when there''s nothing to moan about....

Man City don''t like a physical game at all.. little niggly fouls and disrupting play can unlock them.. worked for Villa and Chelsea.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Err where''s this slick forward thinking passing and high work rate come from? I''ve been saying all season Fer behind the striker with our 2 best wingers on their correct side and it''s working well[/quote]To be fair, until Tettey got fit Hughton may not have felt able to play Fer further forward. As for wingers on their "correct" sides, he may have reasoned that we would only have any chance at all if we attacked Man City, and not worry so much about defence. Whereas against weaker teams he has been much more cautious. Whether he should have been so cautious in those games, with inverted wingers,  is a question...[/quote]

I do agree he hasn''t really had a choice, which is why I was desperate for another CM in January, this is our best formation imo and we''ve done really well so far

doing really well in the middle - fer/tettey/johnson is going to be our way forward with the flair on the wingsif we really wanted to go for it, would he swap wes for fer? would be harsh as fer''s had quite a decent game - p[assing not great but good tackling

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Yobo is looking head and shoulders above any other defender at the club already.. I knopw we cant judge after this short period but its promising.[/quote]I think you must be watching a different game to me Jas, because I personally think Bassong has been far superior to any of them so far, and certainly a LOT better than Yobo!

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"]You have to also begrudgingly give credit to Pulis at Palace, winning again. I don''t like Palace or Pulis but he''s a good manager[/quote]
Ince and Ledley already amongst the goals for Palace. Who can believe that as it stands they are now above us in the table and have 2 more wins on the board? Remarkable turnaround by what was the worst team in the league!

We are playing well, but I think we''ll need to grab the first goal if we''re to have a chance of winning. Ominously it also seemed like Citeh were working there way back into the game towards the end of the half.

Jas - //it''s amazing how quiet this thread is when there''s nothing to moan about.... //

TBH buddy, I think it''s quite because there''s not been a lot to moan about nor shout about. Good solid half, reminds me of the Arsenal game last season, they had lots of possession but did nothing with it.

Kamakazi play by Russ again nearly resulted in goal - great play by olssen to block

hooper off for wolfcan just see james milner as the pantomime villain getting the goal to break our hearts - ala scott parker :(

[quote user="Patches OHoolahan"] but cometh the hour cometh the man RVW! Your time is now![/quote]

LOL!!!! you make me laugh...

RvW should have nicked it for us!

Great point all round, fantastic performance.

Makes those two goals we conceded last time out look a little silly..

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Ricky lucky he didn''t take him out then!! he''d have been off.. would we have noticed!!?!?!?![/quote]
I actually thought he did well when he came on. Kept up the defensive work rate the rest of the team had implemented so well. Great point, and we could have nicked all 3 at the end. Huge credit to the management and the players. Play like that at Wet Spam and there is no reason we couldn''t bring back a point or 3 again [:)]

Really great point but more importantly for me is we have got back some pride and unity in the club.

Well done to the lads, and dare I say it...well done mr hughton!