Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Norwich City vs Man City match thread

Norwich XI: Ruddy; Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson; Redmond, Tettey, Johnson, Pilkington; Fer; Hooper.Subs: Bunn (GK), Whittaker, van Wolfswinkel, Hoolahan, Garrido, Becchio, Josh Murphy.

City XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Milner, Toure, Silva, Jovetic, Negredo.Subs: Pantilimon (GK), Richards, Rodwell, Lopes, Kolarov, Dzeko, Lescott.

They are indeed Bristol, as is Bennett. Will find out what''s up with them after the match I presume. Give''s Benno and Pilks a chance though

Didn''t realize Snodgrass and Jonas were injured, I doubt he would have picked that team with them available but regardless I''m happy with that lineup. Wide players with a bit of pace and dribbling skills for fast counter attacks is what we need in this game Chelsea style. Snoddy and Jonas would have been hopeless.

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Didn''t realize Snodgrass and Jonas were injured, I doubt he would have picked that team with them available but regardless I''m happy with that lineup. Wide players with a bit of pace and dribbling skills for fast counter attacks is what we need in this game Chelsea style. Snoddy and Jonas would have been hopeless.[/quote]Also Becchio on the bench ahead of Elmander, unless he is also injured.

Purple, it''s Hoolahoop who has taken Elmanders place. Haven''t heard of him being injured though, so maybe just rested

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]HA, fantastic blunder by Yobo, looks like another solid defender. Sign him up Clueless Chris[/quote]indeed. yobo showing why a 33 year old centre back that cant even get a game in turkey was such a highly rated target for multiple premier league clubs this January.....

redmond skinning kompany! qualitynow stick him out on the right wing where he should be and we might actually get an end product

Not an awful start from Norwich, some flashes of quality & showing that if you put Man City under a bit of pressure you can get some joy.

Redmond looks dangerous, Yobo looks rusty & that''s being polite!

"iron_stan""Nexus_Canary"HA, fantastic blunder by Yobo, looks like another solid defender. Sign him up Clueless Chris

indeed. yobo showing why a 33 year old centre back that cant even get a game in turkey was such a highly rated target for multiple premier league clubs this January.....

And if we hadn''t have gotten him in we would only have one fit CB, Bassong, who hasn''t been on the greatest form himself. Clueless.

Why the hell wasn''t that a yellow for Milner...took Fer out preventing the break - and right in front of the ref too.

Great play by city so far - good passing in midfield - impressive stuff!!

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Err where''s this slick forward thinking passing and high work rate come from? I''ve been saying all season Fer behind the striker with our 2 best wingers on their correct side and it''s working well[/quote]To be fair, until Tettey got fit Hughton may not have felt able to play Fer further forward. As for wingers on their "correct" sides, he may have reasoned that we would only have any chance at all if we attacked Man City, and not worry so much about defence. Whereas against weaker teams he has been much more cautious. Whether he should have been so cautious in those games, with inverted wingers,  is a question...

[quote user="Herman "]"iron_stan""Nexus_Canary"HA, fantastic blunder by Yobo, looks like another solid defender. Sign him up Clueless Chris

indeed. yobo showing why a 33 year old centre back that cant even get a game in turkey was such a highly rated target for multiple premier league clubs this January.....

And if we hadn''t have gotten him in we would only have one fit CB, Bassong, who hasn''t been on the greatest form himself. Clueless.[/quote]That wasnt the point and has nothing to do with anything. Congratulations !

Yobo is looking head and shoulders above any other defender at the club already.. I knopw we cant judge after this short period but its promising.

Hahahaha comentator made me spit my tea out from laughing"Just wondering if Chris Hoootan will think about changing it at half time and bring on another striker"

HahahahahahHahahahHooootan, spotting a strategic advantage and chance to push on for a win ? Do the other one, more likely he will go for 5 at the back.

[quote user="Herman "]So what was the point? Just moanin''?[/quote]For the first home game in about 3 years Im stuck here with you munters rather than sat in my seat so I am allowed an element of moan.