Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Result of the season!

great performance! deserved from 1st to last and that''s a hell of a point!!!

Hughton got it tactically spot on today as well! well done Chris and well done players.

And with the chances we made, could well have nicked it. Play like that every week and we''ll do more than stay up (if we can score a goal or two along the way)

Note - one up front

Long may it continue if we want a solid midfield

Wes might have been a better strike

support than Fer

Also disappointed to wait 89 mins for

a bit of sparkle from Redmond

But great point - lets build on

that - what was the support like

at the match

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the confidence will be high for Tuesday...

been a while since we gave someone a Twa*ting.. West Ham worried?[/quote]did you read this before you posted it or actually thought about it? yes we had a great result today but we didn''t score and we are hardly winning all the time. We have being regularly failing to find the back of the net and both our strikers (1 more than the other) are particualrly barren. West Ham on the other hand are scoring and winning at the moment. I think a more realistic expectation would be for us to go and nick a 1-0 or 2-1. Lets not get ahead of ourselves with a 0-0 and suddenly believe we''re going to be thrashing everyone around us....

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]the confidence will be high for Tuesday...

been a while since we gave someone a Twa*ting.. West Ham worried?[/quote]did you read this before you posted it or actually thought about it? yes we had a great result today but we didn''t score and we are hardly winning all the time. We have being regularly failing to find the back of the net and both our strikers (1 more than the other) are particualrly barren. West Ham on the other hand are scoring and winning at the moment. I think a more realistic expectation would be for us to go and nick a 1-0 or 2-1. Lets not get ahead of ourselves with a 0-0 and suddenly believe we''re going to be thrashing everyone around us....[/quote]exactly this - we set up for a point, it took a great defensive performance to get it. I don''t understand the whole "if we play like that on Tuesday" argument at. If we play like that on Tuesday, we will probably draw 0-0 again, which may put us in the bottom 3 & may or may not be a good point in the long run

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Agreed. My only criticism about today is that we don''t play like that in other games enough![/quote]

Well that''s not really a criticism of today then is it? People seem to have a hard time just giving praise when we do well without adding a little dig.

[quote user="southstand"]Note - one up front

Long may it continue if we want a solid midfield

Wes might have been a better strike

support than Fer

Also disappointed to wait 89 mins for

a bit of sparkle from Redmond

But great point - lets build on

that - what was the support like

at the match[/quote]

I''m surprised about this Redmond comment - I thought it sounded like he was having a good game throughout. Can someone who watched the game enlighten us?

Had a chance on the first half in which he seemed to have all the time in the world to pick his spot. As usual that spot was high and wide of the goal

on the plus side his work to beat clichy all ends up deserved a finish and should have won us the game

I thought Redmond really rose to it today.. Clichy got made to look very ordinary at times...Stil lacked the end product but if he could find it what a hell of a player he will be!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I thought Redmond really rose to it today.. Clichy got made to look very ordinary at times...Stil lacked the end product but if he could find it what a hell of a player he will be![/quote]Spot in Lincoln. As for Redmond i don''t think anybody disagrees. The best comparison of Redmond has to be Theo Walcott. Took a good few years to sort out his decision making &''end product to become the player he is today

[quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Agreed. My only criticism about today is that we don''t play like that in other games enough![/quote]

Well that''s not really a criticism of today then is it? People seem to have a hard time just giving praise when we do well without adding a little dig.[/quote]
Don''t be a pedantic git! I was trying to be funny and keep it light hearted. If you understood humour you''d see the flaw in the point you made - there was nothing bad about today! You read it as a dig, it was not intended that way.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]A draw at Cardiff would have been much more valuable. Great performance and result today. But all for nothing if we lose at west ham.[/quote]

What a positive attitude! And here I was thinking hughton was meant to be the negative influence on our club.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Agreed. My only criticism about today is that we don''t play like that in other games enough![/quote]

Well that''s not really a criticism of today then is it? People seem to have a hard time just giving praise when we do well without adding a little dig.[/quote]
Don''t be a pedantic git! I was trying to be funny and keep it light hearted. If you understood humour you''d see the flaw in the point you made - there was nothing bad about today! You read it as a dig, it was not intended that way.
[/quote]

Apologies, I did read it that way. I just get so sick of people on here not giving credit where credit is due, so I picked on you and your comment when I probably should have aimed that at someone who really deserved it! That and I''m having a very bad day and I''m in a right mood!

[quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Agreed. My only criticism about today is that we don''t play like that in other games enough![/quote]

[/quote]

Apologies, I did read it that way. I just get so sick of people on here not giving credit where credit is due, so I picked on you and your comment when I probably should have aimed that at someone who really deserved it! That and I''m having a very bad day and I''m in a right mood![/quote]
I was getting that impression mate. You''re normally pretty sensible, and balanced in your views/posts if i remember right. Hope you''re day gets better, and no hard feelings! [:)]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Agreed. My only criticism about today is that we don''t play like that in other games enough![/quote]

[/quote]

Apologies, I did read it that way. I just get so sick of people on here not giving credit where credit is due, so I picked on you and your comment when I probably should have aimed that at someone who really deserved it! That and I''m having a very bad day and I''m in a right mood![/quote]
I was getting that impression mate. You''re normally pretty sensible, and balanced in your views/posts if i remember right. Hope you''re day gets better, and no hard feelings! [:)]
[/quote]

Another good result today! lol

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Agreed. My only criticism about today is that we don''t play like that in other games enough![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha, thanks for the pleasant words, appreciated. PS how do you use the quote button properly? Always goes wrong when I use it!

It will be the result of the season if the team build on it.

It has shown that points are possible from the last four games, but March still remains the month that has to prove productive.

Olsson was immense, and Hooper worked tirelessly.

Amongst many things, the game proved that Snodgrass isn''t indispensable, and the less time RVW spends on the pitch, the greater Norwich''s survival chances.

Im not sure about Olsson - we seemed to be so narrow across the back at times in the first half that Navas often had so much time to pick out better balls than what he did

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the confidence will be high for Tuesday...

been a while since we gave someone a Twa*ting.. West Ham worried?[/quote]

You are easily excitable aren''t you? Like a toddler.

Great point. But a point based upon negativity. Against Man City that''s understandable. And credit to the players for holding out. But most of us know that negativity is Hughton''s only approach. To every game. And that''s why we aren''t scoring. And why we aren''t winning. And why we certainly won''t be worrying West Ham.

Once again - great point. But look at the wider picture - two points above the drop zone. No goals being scored. Woeful goal difference. We actually dropped a place today (and no Im not suggesting that it was going to be any other way today). It is only going one way. Down.

We always look more cohesive and competitive in the middle of the park when we play with three CMs. Compare the Newcastle and Man City performances and tell me which looked more likely to get something out of the game...

Yes, to say that we had to wait until 89th minute to see any sparkle from Redmond is such a crass comment, assuming that it came from somebody who was at the game. Yes, we had had a woeful shot from him early on but for me he showed great touches throughout.

[quote user="MancCanary"]PS how do you use the quote button properly? Always goes wrong when I use it![/quote]
If you have a Mac, then you need to change the user agent in the develop tab to Firefox - Mac. Its dumb, and annoying but that seems to work for me. If you have a PC, then I''m not really in the know so apologies and best of luck [:)]

[quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Agreed. My only criticism about today is that we don''t play like that in other games enough![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha, thanks for the pleasant words, appreciated. PS how do you use the quote button properly? Always goes wrong when I use it![/quote]Check out this thread for Blockquote fixes :-http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2741792/ShowPost.aspx

Result of our entire run in the top flight.... The sheer supremacy of Man C and their goals,... Absolutely amazing nil nil

Cant believe people are being harsh on Redmond. A few groan moments granted but the kid''s got a lot to learn.. He was good on average and sublime in flashes...

Someone said they werent sure bout Olsson.... He''s impressed me so far