Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Leroy Fer

Thought he played really well today and made Yaya Toure look average.

Fer showed some touches of sheer class during the match. Going to prove a real good signing alongside Ollson and Redmond. Really need to keep hold of these three if we want to build for the future.

Was it Fer who had his header saved by Hart from the corner prior to Hooper scoring the disallowed goal?

He has missed a few headed chances this season.

It was indeed Fer who headed it.

Much better today after being dropped. Very disciplined and good round game. Some good tackles and passes. Miss like the player we know he can be

Not sure it was to do with him being dropped, although a rest might have helped. Think it was more to do with the fact he had support from both Tettey and Johnson and was therefore freer to play his natural game and take more risks.

He is immense at holding off players, and I particularly enjoy the way he flicks the ball out of his feet to give himself more time. Used correctly he has the potential to be a superb player, I just think that being played as a holding midfielder emphasises his weaknesses.

I.S. wrote the following post at 08/02/2014 9:59 PM:

Not sure it was to do with him being dropped, although a rest might have helped. Think it was more to do with the fact he had support from both Tettey and Johnson and was therefore freer to play his natural game and take more risks.

He is immense at holding off players, and I particularly enjoy the way he flicks the ball out of his feet to give himself more time. Used correctly he has the potential to be a superb player, I just think that being played as a holding midfielder emphasises his weaknesses.

Agree

Fer annoyed me yesterday and v Newcastle.

He is under performing, make no mistake.

Yes he has talent that is clear but in the last two home games I have watched him closely and he is one lazy passenger.

I don''t give up hope, he could be our best player.

It was a walk in the park for him yesterday. He did well. What stops him from running? Injury? Wide hips? Loose ankles? Laziness? Hughton?