Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Anyone else think Milner .

was lucky to stay on the pitch today? I saw the cynical foul in the first half as a yellow, broke up the play and "took one for the team". Second half runs 30 yards to kick ( I can''t remember ... Olsson?) and gets a yellow. In my opinion, should have been a second yellow.

Not sure how Boring James'' first tackle was any different to Tettey second half tackle  (who got a yellow) ?

Second home game in a row should have been playing 11 v 10 for the last period.

Has Wazzy posted yet?

He should have gone

Should have been carded much earlier in the game

Maybe he would have thought twice about the foul that then did get him the yellow

Poor inconsistent reffing

I made the point at the time. The referee today was poor I thought but you don''t expect anything different in this country now. They are all totally inept.

The ref was star struck,and should have sent Milner off without a doubt but hey we are used to it

Milner is a thug and should have been sent off, and even the BBC report has mentioned Toure kicking RVW in the back (a straight red offence imo) so they could easily have been down to nine..... well if it had been us.  Wouldn''t be surprised to see the FA have a look at the RVW incident this week and acting when its too late to do us any good.Saw a couple of definite handballs as did thousands of others but strangely none of the officials.On the bright side I was more than a little surprised they weren''t given at least the one penalty today, for the offside Hooper goal if nothing else as we were otherwise very careful not to give anyone a chance to fall over within shooting distance of the penalty area which might have been interpreted as inside the box by the ref and MOTD.... [:S]

" On the bright side I was more than a little surprised they weren''t given at least the one penalty today, for the offside Hooper goal if nothing else"

-:)

The referee was so inconsistent it does make you wonder about unconscious bias.

Toure goes down after receiving a light tap to the back of the head with us in a decent position and the referee stops the match without a moment''s hesitation. Hooper goes down on the edge of the box clutching his head and the ref allows Man City to continue attacking until the ball goes out of play.

Then again, I guess a potential injury to Toure is way more serious than a potential injury to a Norwich player right?

I honestly think that milner would not have been sent off; yes the first was definitely a yellow, but if he was on a yellow there was absolutely no way he would have made that tackle in the second half knowing he would have seen red

Bizarre refereeing indeed! His mantra seemed to be "play on!" whenever a blue shirt hand balled or scythed down an opponent. In that respect he was consistent. Milner also kicked the ball away to prevent a quick free kick being taken - again without punishment. That’s a yellow card offence on its own. There were 3 or 4 potential yellows for Milner. Incredible he completed 90 mins. Great player though...

tbh, actually at the match, I thought the first one looked a bit inocuous, but having watched the replays, it now looked worthy of a yellow card. But, as someone else said, I''ve no doubt that an experienced campaigner like Milner would not have made the second one ,knowing he was already on one yellow.But, yes, there were all sorts of bizarre refereeing inconsistencies all afternoon. That said, I equally do not like it when refs start brandishing cards from the off, willy nilly. Usually spoils the game as a spectacle.

Don''t get any of this ''it''s early in the first half'' lark that seems to be some kind of unwritten rule. A foul worthy of a yellow card is exactly that, wherever it happens on the pitch, at whatever moment during the game. Simply as, he should have been booked for the first one.

[quote user="AJ"]Don''t get any of this ''it''s early in the first half'' lark that seems to be some kind of unwritten rule. A foul worthy of a yellow card is exactly that, wherever it happens on the pitch, at whatever moment during the game. Simply as, he should have been booked for the first one.[/quote]I''d agree with you up to a point AJ. What I guess you are saying is , irrespective of whether an offence takes place in the 1st or 90th minute, if it''s bad enough then it should be yellow/red carded.My point is that if a ref starts dishing out cards like confetti for inocuous challenges in the first 10 minutes, then he leaves himself with nowhere to go, and what can happen is that he has to be more lenient in the second half, or risk the game ending 9 a side !