Sign in to follow this  
Delias Love Child

Stats are BS again

its not like we score goals OR have that much possession anyway ! lol

Arsenal had 60% possession in the game. They''re unlucky. They should have had more out of this game.... yadda yadda yadda. It just makes me chortle that people use stats as a weapon and yet they show nothing.... Just like all our shots we had last week..

[quote user="Making Plans"]Ominous - one PL team in yellow getting a tonking today, will there be another?[/quote]The ironic part is that voodoo like this is probably statistically more accurate than assessment by stats!!!

I get what the OP is saying, I''m just struggling to see why he felt the need to make the point or indeed what point he was making in terms of Norwich City.

Just seemed like another feeble attempt to have a dig....

You could also argue we are on a par with Arsenal given we both had the same score at Anfield (and maybe better ''cos our goal came from open play). Statistics, lies etc.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I get what the OP is saying, I''m just struggling to see why he felt the need to make the point or indeed what point he was making in terms of Norwich City.

Just seemed like another feeble attempt to have a dig....[/quote]Sorry it doesn''t fit into what you consider a good post. It was merely highlighting the feeble attempts of people to use stats as a weapon or stick to put across a point. Whether it''s the inners using the 36 shots as a sign we should have won or the outers using the lack of possession in a game we win, i''m just saying Stats are Bull. They mean nothing. And at that point the stats from the Arsenal game came up and showed they had the majority possession yet were 4-0 down.... I suggest the only feeble thing here is your attempt to read into something that isn''t there.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I get what the OP is saying, I''m just struggling to see why he felt the need to make the point or indeed what point he was making in terms of Norwich City.

Just seemed like another feeble attempt to have a dig....[/quote]Sorry it doesn''t fit into what you consider a good post. It was merely highlighting the feeble attempts of people to use stats as a weapon or stick to put across a point. Whether it''s the inners using the 36 shots as a sign we should have won or the outers using the lack of possession in a game we win, i''m just saying Stats are Bull. They mean nothing. And at that point the stats from the Arsenal game came up and showed they had the majority possession yet were 4-0 down.... I suggest the only feeble thing here is your attempt to read into something that isn''t there.

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"][quote user="refjezdavies"]I get what the OP is saying, I''m just struggling to see why he felt the need to make the point or indeed what point he was making in terms of Norwich City.

Just seemed like another feeble attempt to have a dig....[/quote]Sorry it doesn''t fit into what you consider a good post. It was merely highlighting the feeble attempts of people to use stats as a weapon or stick to put across a point. Whether it''s the inners using the 36 shots as a sign we should have won or the outers using the lack of possession in a game we win, i''m just saying Stats are Bull. They mean nothing. And at that point the stats from the Arsenal game came up and showed they had the majority possession yet were 4-0 down.... I suggest the only feeble thing here is your attempt to read into something that isn''t there. [/quote]It is not the stats that are the problem - its the distortion, selection, misintrepretation etc. They are often used by those having little understanding to persuade those equally in the dark. Without qualification, many stats are, as you say, Bull.I agree with you that stats on possession are pretty well meaningless in the way they are used at the moment. Possession stats in the final third could be useful, though, especially when combined with shots on goal versus goals scored - even they would not be useful by themselves unless compared with other teams.

It''s not stats that are a problem per se but the lack of education ans intellect do understand them.