Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

My man of the match today...

[quote user="alartz"]Have you all forgot about ruddy???

Made some seriously good saves to keep us at 0-0[/quote]Agree, JR did all that was asked of him.But, a measure of how good our defensive organisation and display was, is that , in fact, despite Man City''s much vaunted attack, Ruddy actually had very little to do.

I thought Pilkington had a good game. I am not saying he was man of the match, but when he plays we tend to be much better defensively. He is so aware of runners and does some great tracking. He also showed some great skill in their penalty area and his shot was not far off. I think he is very important to the team and I hope he stays fit for the rest of the season and signs a new contract. I thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday and I would like some more of this, starting at West Ham on Tuesday.

" I think Bradley Johnson is a contender for POTS so far...he would get my vote at this point."

POTS is sn interesting one. Assuming it''s a mixture of who actually played combined with who played we''ll, through this point in the season Johnson would be a strong candidate for me. However I would also drop him back to the bench in favor of a midfield of Tettey, Fer and Howson when those three are available.

Good thread, nice on here when we get a decent result. I certainly understand exactly why Bradley Johnson should be a contender at least for POTS and he did put in a great shift yesterday, a really great shift. For me Bassong edged it,just, and looked very comfortable with the excellent Yobo next to him, who is certainly not here simply for a pay day if his first match was anything to go on. As for possibly benching Johnson when Howson is fit, not after his recent performances.........it would have to be Fer.......why?.....because whilst a great talent and no doubting his potential, he just isnt doing it consistently enough for me right now, something that would make him a special player.   

I think you will find with Tettey back Fer will become more effective.