Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

Snodgrass

Sounds like we were better without him today, but I was surprised not to see him on the team sheet as didn''t he have a really good game against Cardiff? Was it due to an injury?

If not then credit to hughton for changing it.

Is funny because Snodgrass was Mr Undroppable when he was in terrible form in the first half of the season.

Starts playing much better and then gets dropped.

He has played a lot of football though and will probably come back stronger after a rest. He was out injured for a bit and then has played pretty much every minute since. Rest will probably do him good.

I appreciate his contribution to the team, and the odd goal. But I have to admit I didn''t miss watching him fall over today, and constantly complain (whether it wins us free kicks or not).

said it in the lcihe thread - square peg round hole who unbalances the rest of the teamsell him asap and buy someone quick with a left foot who can cross, from THE LEFT WING

He was injured.

Great the way the bloke gets slagged off if he plays and then slagged off when he doesn''t.

Dilemma on the right there for CH. I think Pilkington showed why he''s our best choice on the left, and if Redmond could finish he''d be the obvious choice on the right. But, his final ball is too often horrible, so I can see why Snodgrass has been first choice...even though I remain convinced he slows the game down way to much for our attacks to be truley threatening.

... so pace & no delivery or no pace and iffy delivery?

Redmond is a complete enigma for me, he has so much raw talent, pace and control and put in a very good defensive display today, something I haven''t really seen from him before.

The final ball, a cross is something that can be worked on and practiced, as can shooting. I think his shot today was just a rush of blood but he can improve immensely.

It''s the decision making under pressure that is the real problem, if that aspect of his game can be developed in some way, I don''t know how, then WOW!!

He''s a really good player but I just don''t think he suits the way Hughton plays. In a team that sits deep most of the time you need a bit of pace as a winger, especially if your team mates are always too static too pass to. Being left footed also means harmless swinging crosses and I''m yet to see him cut inside and score yet. I don''t think he deserves to be slagged off though, this isn''t his fault and he was playing with an injury

[quote user="Vanwink"]Redmond is a complete enigma for me, he has so much raw talent, pace and control and put in a very good defensive display today, something I haven''t really seen from him before.

The final ball, a cross is something that can be worked on and practiced, as can shooting. I think his shot today was just a rush of blood but he can improve immensely.

It''s the decision making under pressure that is the real problem, if that aspect of his game can be developed in some way, I don''t know how, then WOW!![/quote]

I watched an Andros Townsend interview and at 23 he has been on a development journey. One of the things he said was in the early years he was too selfish. Watching Redmond was at times a delight as he skipped past players but then his composure let him down. What you need in this league is pace, he has time on his side to listen to the wise and worldly and simply to play the best ball for the situation. This will come with games. At times he made errors, sometimes he stood still waiting for the ball rather than move about the field, sometimes he waited for the ball to reach only to lose it as he was closed down. I liked the balance of the side yesterday, players in their best positions playing to their full potential and with spirit.

H

Well I''m sorry good posters but I just love Snoddy and I always feel when we get a free kick around the box Snods gives us extra hope of a goal.

Snodgrass was out with a slight injury, but I really like him as a player. Yes, he hasn''t done as well as he did last season but he has scored a few goals for us this season and is very good with set-pieces

A better end product than Redmond. Snoddy always gives 100% and would always be my first choice. Redmond holds promise but so far has flattered only to decieve.

[quote user="ricardo"]A better end product than Redmond. Snoddy always gives 100% and would always be my first choice. Redmond holds promise but so far has flattered only to decieve.[/quote]Agree totally with that, Rick. The thing I like about Redmond is that he''s not afraid to have a go. And when he makes a balls -up, he doesn''t allow his head to drop.BUT....in the precarious position we find ourselves in we cannot afford the luxury of a player who, as you say, flatters to deceive. Some of his decision making recently has been very poor, and what we need right now are real goal scoring chances. So, in normal circumstances I''d save Redmond for the bench, as he has the potential to be an impact substitute. I guess he only started yesterday because Snods and Jonas were crocked.

quote user="Reggie Strayshun"quote user="ricardo"A better end product than Redmond. Snoddy always gives 100% and would always be my first choice. Redmond holds promise but so far has flattered only to decieve./quoteAgree totally with that, Rick. The thing I like about Redmond is that he''s not afraid to have a go. And when he makes a balls -up, he doesn''t allow his head to drop.BUT....in the precarious position we find ourselves in we cannot afford the luxury of a player who, as you say, flatters to deceive. Some of his decision making recently has been very poor, and what we need right now are real goal scoring chances. So, in normal circumstances I''d save Redmond for the bench, as he has the potential to be an impact substitute. I guess he only started yesterday because Snods and Jonas were crocked./quote

Totally agree with this. In a couple of years, when he does learn how to cross/shoot, Redmond is going to be a hell of a player, but in the here and now others offer more end product.