Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Bravo

Bruce Oldfield shirt

I liked the shirt, but it annoyed me that the label was really scratchy, for some reason.I still have all my old shirts, but that one does look pretty dated now.

Did we have Bruce Oldfield stuff for two seasons then?  My knackered old memory can only remember one.My Bruce Oldfield short is different with a green vertical stripe down one side, no Pony logo and a much bigger Colman''s logo.  It does have that incredibly itchy collar though!It''s also slightly yellower, which begs another question: Was Bruce Oldfield responsible for a decade of Orangey-Yellow shirts?I do remember that we wore yellow shorts (with green stripe) with the shirt I''ve got.It still gets a regular airing on dress down Fridays at work (sadly I live in Bristol, so it''s not exactly the most common sight here), although the fuzzy Colman''s logo is looking pretty shabby now.

The one with the green stripe down it was a following shirt design (not sure who manufacturer was as it wasn''t noted on the front and I didn''t have the shirt)

97-98, 98-99 - Bruce Oldfield shirt

99-00, 00-01 - Colman''s shirt with green stripe

I never liked either of these if I am honest. They just didn''t look like football shirts of that era, and I think with the 97-99 one, the fact we wore yellow shorts with it was totally bizarre!! Made it look dreadful.

I think the orangey-yellow shirts was to change it to a more mustardy colour (for our sponsor obviously), and for some reason it stuck until the 2010-11 season.

I don''t know if it''s the 97-99 shirt I don''t like more or the memories of the performances in them!

Thats two of us then Morty......I also liked the time we played in black shorts with two yellow stripes down the sides and the socks with the hoops at the bottom........and I''m going to guess very few are with me on that one either?