Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Typical Hughton??

I''m a firm hughton and tettey out candidate on this forum

Even I can say they both done a job today.

Question to be answered now is why can''t we be like that every game??

After today''s performance these sort of threads really fall flat.Save it for a bad day, they come round every so often but tonight you just make yourself look like a fool.

[quote user="ricardo"]After today''s performance these sort of threads really fall flat.Save it for a bad day, they come round every so often but tonight you just make yourself look like a fool.[/quote]to be fair they come round more often than days like this

Although I am a pretty firm Hughton outer, this is because of the typical approach to games and the below par performances of the players. Hughton got it spot on today. Whatever was different about today I hope he keeps doing it. Players played like their lives depended on it. If this keeps happening I will change my position on Hughton

"The Great Mass Debater"

Although I am a pretty firm Hughton outer, this is because of the typical approach to games and the below par performances of the players. Hughton got it spot on today. Whatever was different about today I hope he keeps doing it. Players played like their lives depended on it. If this keeps happening I will change my position on Hughton

I think this is a very fair comment.

I am far from being his biggest fan but credit where credit is due great performance and valuable and unexpected point. It will be the 6 pointers though that decide our fate

Nah, you lose the right to criticise poor performances and managerial decisions if you can''t give credit when it''s due.

I think the big difference yesterday was Yobo, the defence were a lot more solid and deserve the recognition for it, Sorry but Yobo''s name is now engraved on the team sheet as far as I''m concerned, his experience is invaluable to players in the squad

I wasn''t at the match, but listened to the commentary on Canaries World. Adrian Forbes and Goreham were commenting on Redmond, and others looking tried after about 70 minutes - little surprise after all the energy spent by everyone. For several minutes they were surprised that Hughton was not preparing a substitute, especially for Redmond. Apparently he was looking at the management team as indicating that he was spent.

As time went on , and Manchester really dominated, it was strange that Hughton did not bring on new legs, and it was absolutely amazing that Redmond somewhere found energy to make yet another run that nearly led to a goal. It worked out well in the end, but the refusal to make earlier substitutions could have cost us.

Not a Hughton fan but have to admit he  easily won the managerial contest yesterday. Certainly helped by Pellegrini''s ineptitude who in "typical Hughton style" did not have a Plan B. Man City started out as a practice match, and the result would be foregone conclusion, and never made any adjustment to ruffle a well organised defensive response from the Canaries. The visitors played the Barcelona/Swansea possession stuff without really looking to break down our defence. Little change of pace etc. Thought they would come out secondhalf with a more quicker and direct style of attack, but nothing changed. Pellegrini''s most amazing confession was that he instructed Toure, the best attacking midfielder in the league, to sit back in a more defensive role. Presumably he was aware that the Canaries have only scored 19 goals in 25 games and yesterday it was fairly obvious we would not break them down through the middle of the pitch. Have to say we were also helped by the appearance of Milner who does little for me.

As for Hughton I suppose he started with Plan A and there was no need to change it. However Becchio should have been brought on near the end as he would have made an effort to chase down the defenders a bit and show a bit of fight and energy which Ricky failed to do. Arguably Ricky missed a great chance to win the game from Redmond''s late cross.

claxtonfolly...you must be Wes? ............ I presume that I am not in the minority for thinking that this was a game definately not suited to bring Wes on??? 

]I wasn''t at the match, but listened to the commentary on Canaries World. Adrian Forbes and Goreham were commenting on Redmond, and others looking tried after about 70 minutes - little surprise after all the energy spent by everyone. For several minutes they were surprised that Hughton was not preparing a substitute, especially for Redmond. Apparently he was looking at the management team as indicating that he was spent.

As time went on , and Manchester really dominated, it was strange that Hughton did not bring on new legs, and it was absolutely amazing that Redmond somewhere found energy to make yet another run that nearly led to a goal. It worked out well in the end, but the refusal to make earlier substitutions could have cost us.

Redmond was our main attacking threat and to lose him would have put us under more pressure, Wes would not have coped with Toure, de Michaelis and Kompany I''m afraid and would have been brushed aside.

Hughton often persists with Snoddy even when he''s not playing well as he believes he is most likely to create a goal scoring chance, I guess Redmond was Snoddy for this game.

[quote user="alartz"]I''m a firm hughton and tettey out candidate on this forum[/quote]Hughton I can totally understand, but you must be on crack if you think Tettey isn''t good enough!