Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

You're Not Whining Anymore

At least until Tuesday night. It''s a real pleasure not to have to read the doom and gloom musings of the Hughton outers for a change.

Well done to the boys and the management team.

i might whinge about the fact he took hooper off, when he seemed to quite happily walk off the pitch and didnt look too injured to me

also i might whinge about whittaker coming on which was just a ''make a sub try waste some time'' change

but i wont

good result, should have been 3 points and cant quite believe no one got a touch on that ball 4 yards out from redmond with 2 mins left

No, because for once there''s nothing to whine about. Manager does job, players do job, team does job - simples, everybody is happy.That''s all we want and that''s all we''ve been asking for.

Great result today.so if he can do it against Man City why can''t he do it against lower teams.STILL WANt HIM OUT

why would anyone sack him after that result and performance? unless their ret@rded of course, i could understand if we played badly, but we didn''t, we could''ve won

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]At least until Tuesday night. It''s a real pleasure not to have to read the doom and gloom musings of the Hughton outers for a change.

Well done to the boys and the management team.[/quote]Hootan out, shoulda won today, Man Citeh were terrible. Wes or 2 strikers and its a win.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]It was good, but it''s one game.

Why didn''t they play like that in several of the other games that were total dross.

Still Hughton out[/quote]Well it was a nice idea Dr CC, but it didn''t last long. Normal whining has resumed.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]At least until Tuesday night. It''s a real pleasure not to have to read the doom and gloom musings of the Hughton outers for a change.

Well done to the boys and the management team.[/quote]Hootan out, shoulda won today, Man Citeh were terrible. Wes or 2 strikers and its a win.[/quote]For some reason nobody is rising to the bait Nexus.Try using worms.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]why would anyone sack him after that result and performance? unless their ret@rded of course, i could understand if we played badly, but we didn''t, we could''ve won[/quote]

funny really... All I thought when reading that was how ret@rded you look in my eyes.

My opinion hasnt changed on Hughton one iota... I wasnt going to whinge as was just enjoying the feeling of a fantastic result.... But seeing as you and others seem to want it... Well.... Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

In a way do feel sorry for Hughton in that the only motivation for this team that works is when they are up truly against it, hence never get back to back results!

This team has all the potential for last minute escape act

Don''t have a problem with the debate over this (from either side). What I DO have a problem with is that the first premise of the thread is flawed.What, precisely, does CC define as ''whining'' ?  Being unhappy with substandard performances ? Underwhelmed with recent results ? Disappointed with tactics employed ? Not being easily satisfied? Aiming a little higher than 17th ?Because I , for one don''t regard holding these views, and, moreover having the balls to say it as ''whining''. But, fair do''s. Yesterday''s performance was excellent . To be picky, the fact that we did not take any of the 3 or so chances we fashioned is a slight black mark. The bottom line is that we need to start scoring goals, but, agreed against Man C , it would be churlish to complain.But, as someone else has pointed out, displays like yesterday only seem to add to the frustration felt by many. Why does it take one ''backs to the wall'' effort against one of the best teams in the world to illustrate just what this squad is capable of? And, why do we so rarely see it ?We shall see if a corner has been turned on Tues. Another performance like that at Upton Pk, and I really will sit up and take notice, but you''ll forgive me if I''m a little sceptical as, so often, good displays have been immediately followed up by a ''no-show''.Lets hope things really HAVE changed for the better. OTBC.

[quote user="RodneyTrottersFC"][quote user="mrs miggins"]why would anyone sack him after that result and performance? unless their ret@rded of course, i could understand if we played badly, but we didn''t, we could''ve won[/quote]

funny really... All I thought when reading that was how ret@rded you look in my eyes.

My opinion hasnt changed on Hughton one iota... I wasnt going to whinge as was just enjoying the feeling of a fantastic result.... But seeing as you and others seem to want it... Well.... Even a stopped clock is right twice a day[/quote]

no i really don''t want you to whine, i really don''t, i find it annoying - i realise probably almost as annoying as me saying hughton in to you,

''''Normal service'''' will of course be resumed on Tuesday after we are soundly beaten at West Ham.

We are all aware that the lads have the stomach for a fight against the big boys. Equally we are aware that we invariably follow up such a performance by being unable to put away sides at the bottom.

A point against Man City is great. Taken in the context of 1 point from 6 against City and West Ham? About par for the course and relegation form.

We must follow this up with a win on Tuesday or it means nothing. Oh, and in case nobody noticed, we still can''t score goals.

I am dying to be proved wrong, really I am, but reality bites and the truth hurts.

Agree with the post above.

It was a decent performance. No reason to complain really but then Hughton does generally set us up well at home against the bigger teams as its the type of game his mentality/tactics were made for and as good a defensive display as it was, aside from Redmonds pace getting him in a couple of times there was not much creativity. That''s fine when doing a backs against the wall job but as we know can frustrate against weaker teams.

The key is following it up on Tuesday because whilst a point against Man City is pleasing, 1 point out of Cardiff, Man City and West Ham would be poor.

No complaints from me about yesterday, it helps to prove that our team is good enough to compete with the best. One game though doesn''t make a season (as I''ve been told so many times it''s about the 38 games), but to me that was certainly a benchmark for the run-in. Lets see what Tuesday brings...

[quote user="Matt Juler"]No complaints from me about yesterday, it helps to prove that our team is good enough to compete with the best. One game though doesn''t make a season (as I''ve been told so many times it''s about the 38 games), but to me that was certainly a benchmark for the run-in. Lets see what Tuesday brings...[/quote]

Totally agree Mr Matt.[Y]

Another cretin with another cretinous post. A 0-0 draw at home, albeit against one of the big boys, and all of a sudden those who have criticised the manager for the vast amount of poor results and peformances this season were wrong to do so! Good stuff Crafty. A manager whose win ratio and goals per game ratio would have seen him sacked (and rightfully so) at any other club. Yes Mrs Miggins, we are the retards, one 0-0 draw surely proves that! Let''s forget about everything else that has gone on this season and concentrate solely on one result. Common sense.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Another cretin with another cretinous post. A 0-0 draw at home, albeit against one of the big boys, and all of a sudden those who have criticised the manager for the vast amount of poor results and peformances this season were wrong to do so! Good stuff Crafty. A manager whose win ratio and goals per game ratio would have seen him sacked (and rightfully so) at any other club. Yes Mrs Miggins, we are the retards, one 0-0 draw surely proves that! Let''s forget about everything else that has gone on this season and concentrate solely on one result. Common sense.[/quote]Might not use such colourful language to describe them as TCWE, but overall he is right.It never ceases to amaze me just how easily satisfied some of these CH apologists are. OK , yesterday was a tremendous effort, but overall this season has been way below acceptable.These guys are like the sort of people who ,in a restaurant ,meekly accept it when the waiter serves them a well-done rump steak seved with jacket potato and salad, when what they actually ordered was a rare sirloin with chips/peas.

I can''t understand why loads of people are still being so critical of Hughton. Yes, we have had a very poor run this season and are relegation threatened but we have picked up a point against a side that beat us 7-0 earlier in the season and have scored 115 goals in all competitions - thought it would be a 5-0 defeat.

West Ham have done very well recently, but I reckon a win could be a massive help in are fight for safety because of some of the other fixtures:

Sunderland - Man City (A)

Fulham - Liverpool (H) and at Old Trafford today

West Brom - Chelsea (H)

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Another cretin with another cretinous post. A 0-0 draw at home, albeit against one of the big boys, and all of a sudden those who have criticised the manager for the vast amount of poor results and peformances this season were wrong to do so! Good stuff Crafty. A manager whose win ratio and goals per game ratio would have seen him sacked (and rightfully so) at any other club. Yes Mrs Miggins, we are the retards, one 0-0 draw surely proves that! Let''s forget about everything else that has gone on this season and concentrate solely on one result. Common sense.
[/quote]

Might not use such colourful language to describe them as TCWE, but overall he is right.

It never ceases to amaze me just how easily satisfied some of these CH apologists are. OK , yesterday was a tremendous effort, but overall this season has been way below acceptable.

These guys are like the sort of people who ,in a restaurant ,meekly accept it when the waiter serves them a well-done rump steak seved with jacket potato and salad, when what they actually ordered was a rare sirloin with chips/peas.
[/quote]

Steady on Mr Reggie, I still sit in the ''OUT'' camp but credit where its due, CH did well yesterday and I think it would be churlish not to say so.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

Steady on Mr Reggie, I still sit in the ''OUT'' camp but credit where its due, CH did well yesterday and I think it would be churlish not to say so.

[/quote]Jimbo...if you scroll back to the previous page you'' ll notice that I posted earlier this morning saying the same thing..in fact pretty much word for word identical to you !

Was a great game yesterday, great atmosphere, and we could/should have nicked it.

BUT that was one game which doesnt make up for all the rubbish we have had to witness, if we play like that in the majority of games between now and the end of season we will most likely stay up.

I still want Hughton out though

Well that took almost all of us by surprise,didn''t it ? Just shows how the team can perform but doing it on a consistent level is what''s been missing since Chris Hughton took over. Yesterday, for once, it was a pleasure to be at Carrow Road.To be fair pre-match it looked odds-on that we''d get a tonking which is what the bookies thought too. The odds of 3/10 on an away win were probably the shortest I''ve seen as was the 8/1 the most generous about us, especially on a coupon at the ground.If we can carry this on to Tuesday and beyond we may well find ourselves far less concerned about those five end of season matches when they finally arrive.Here''s hoping...

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 09/02/2014 10:54 AM:

Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . . wrote:

Another cretin with another cretinous post. A 0-0 draw at home, albeit against one of the big boys, and all of a sudden those who have criticised the manager for the vast amount of poor results and peformances this season were wrong to do so! Good stuff Crafty. A manager whose win ratio and goals per game ratio would have seen him sacked (and rightfully so) at any other club. Yes Mrs Miggins, we are the ***, one 0-0 draw surely proves that! Let''s forget about everything else that has gone on this season and concentrate solely on one result. Common sense.

Might not use such colourful language to describe them as TCWE, but overall he is right.

It never ceases to amaze me just how easily satisfied some of these CH apologists are. OK , yesterday was a tremendous effort, but overall this season has been way below acceptable.

These guys are like the sort of people who ,in a restaurant ,meekly accept it when the waiter serves them a well-done rump steak seved with jacket potato and salad, when what they actually ordered was a rare sirloin with chips/peas.

Reggie you have such a wonderful way with words, the chip, the peas, wow the imagery is all there for me, like creating a Rembrandt with use of language. I take my hat off to you!

[quote user="Vanwink"]

Reggie you have such a wonderful way with words, the chip, the peas, wow the imagery is all there for me, like creating a Rembrandt with use of language. I take my hat off to you![/quote]Always a sure-fire winner when you use food (esp steak and chips) in your imagery, VW.Must be something to do with the anticipation for me today. Only 4 hrs or so to go before Mrs Reg gets cracking with the grill and the chip fryer......

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 09/02/2014 2:41 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Reggie you have such a wonderful way with words, the chip, the peas, wow the imagery is all there for me, like creating a Rembrandt with use of language. I take my hat off to you!

Always a sure-fire winner when you use food (esp steak and chips) in your imagery, VW.

Must be something to do with the anticipation for me today. Only 4 hrs or so to go before Mrs Reg gets cracking with the grill and the chip fryer......

Get stuck in my man!

Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . . wrote the following post at 09/02/2014 10:28 AM:

Another cretin with another cretinous post. A 0-0 draw at home, albeit against one of the big boys, and all of a sudden those who have criticised the manager for the vast amount of poor results and peformances this season were wrong to do so! Good stuff Crafty. A manager whose win ratio and goals per game ratio would have seen him sacked (and rightfully so) at any other club. Yes Mrs Miggins, we are the ***, one 0-0 draw surely proves that! Let''s forget about everything else that has gone on this season and concentrate solely on one result. Common sense.

Ah bless, the old use abuse to those whose POV you don''t agree with. Those of us old enough to have watched City from the 60s onwards will tell you of the many years of very average football to have been witnessed at Carrow Road.

I have no problems with posters expressing concerns about the style of play however I do expect them to have realistic expectations. Whilst CH is a manager who sets up teams not to lose rather than to win (a la Roy Hodgson, Tony Pulis et al) that doesn''t mean he sets out to deliberately stifle the players'' abilities and creativity. Once they have left the dressing room he is in their hands and if they don''t perform to their capabilities (which has often been the case this season) that''s their fault not his. This constant whining about the manager and how he should be sacked after every defeat is both boring, lacking credibility and, frankly, lacking reasoned thought.

Now TC I''m happy to debate the issue with you but on an adult basis and not with teenage hormonal abusive emotions. If you are grown up enough to be able to do this, fine otherwise I''m not interested in your opinions.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]I''m happy to debate the issue with you but on an adult basis and not with teenage hormonal abusive emotions. If you are grown up enough to be able to do this, fine...[/quote]I totally agree Doctor. If he calls you something like "a Sozzled Old Trout", just ignore him. [;)] [+o(]