Sign in to follow this  

His plays for a rival now and if their fans are unhappy then great as it suggests he is not adding to their results.

Other than that I dont care,   plenty enough at NCFC to focus on without the need to stalk Aston Villa.  

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Holt is just the sort of player that raises his game when opposition fans get on his back, let''s not help them out.[/quote]

This is spot on.  I''ve seen it plenty of times over the years (and loved it) - the opposition fans have a go at Holt and he uses it to motivate himself and raise his game.  For us to have a go at him at Villa Park would be unbelievably stupid.

Grant Holt is a much better footballer than most give him credit for, yes he is getting on a bit and his limited pace is beginning to wane but i''d have him in our squad in a heartbeat.

Even with a bit part im sure his cameos would have accrued us enough points to be more comfortable than we are. If only Elmander was half the player Holty is.

I agree with so many of the comments on this thread, and also find it strange that PL signed him at this stage of his career.....unless.... it was for just the one game..... against us, as he, like us knows exactly in which games Holty performs, and if he did notch the winner and they get 3 points that''s worth the loan fee alone ...........and would be double fist pumping time for Lambert wouldnt it.

I wont be at Villa Park for the match, but if I was. there is no doubt that I would do some happy clapping for Holt as there have been very few players who have contributed as much to our club as Grant Holt did in all of the years I have supported our great club.........that''s since 1968....he is right up there.....a "legend plus" in my book, if there is such a thing.....now just need him to get a groin strain that will keep him out for a few weeks......   

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]The question is: if Villa offered to swap Holt for Elmander would you take it?[/quote]

No.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]The question is: if Villa offered to swap Holt for Elmander would you take it?[/quote]YES

Don''t tell me that CH did not know what he was doing. Perfect timing is my opinion. Proven when he could not make the first team at Wigan.

Always came back after the close season overweight, as he got older that got worse.

However I will never forget what he did for us.