Sign in to follow this  

quote user="The Great Drinkell"Surely nexus this is because CH removed all confidence form Holt and the guy''s playing as a broken man./quote

CH is also to blame for the south-west floods. And he ate my hamster.

No, he was a knackered out old horse and we got rid at the right time. Lucky he ain''t glue.

Meant to add Wonder if the Villa fans are noticing that Bent keeps popping up with goals, he''s just scored in the last minute against the Mancs at OT.farming Bent out and bringing Holt in could prove a very bad career move for that nice Mr Lambert.

no Holt Hate from me.. we replaced someone Fat and old and one of our rivals have stupidly taken him...

past it... Well done Lambert!

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Fair to say he''s yet to reach legendary status at Villa Park...

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10645-grant-holt/page-80[/quote]With the bottom 11 teams so close to each other, every tiny thing matters. My guess is that Grant Holt will do nothing for them apart from score a winning goal against us in the 89th minute. Because that would be so very Holt / very Lambert. For that alone he will prove to be a worthwhile buy for them.That is the game in our run-in that I fear the most, and that includes the last four games of the season.

quote user="Houston Canary"Why the hate on for Grant Holt?quote

No hate from me either Houston, a legend for this Club. Just sharing the views of Villa fans because there has been some criticism on here of us letting him go.

Seems like nothing but derogatory comments about him. He looked good in the one game I saw him with Villa. We sure haven''t replaced the leadership he provided on field. His 8 goals last season could be tops or 2nd for us this season. To say he''s fat is just idiotic.

Always will FLGH but looking forward to giving him a few lines of You fat Barstool in a few weeks Think he would take it in good heart just hope he doesn''t have the last laugh thou !!

[quote user="Herman "]he was a knackered out old horse. Lucky he ain''t glue.[/quote]If Holty was still here, and he had been given the same number of games & match time as Elmander, RVW and Hooper, he would have scored more goals that the lot of them put together.

[quote user="Europe_93"]Holt has a fully deserved place in our history. No insults will be hurled his way from me.[/quote]

Spot on.

The man deserves nothing but the upmost respect at what he achieved during his time here. Player of the Year three times in a row during one of the most successful periods of our history says it all.

Cheap snidey comments aimed at him on here say everything you need to know about the posters making them. Planks every single one of them and I would tell them to their face so don''t be anywhere near me at Villa Park if you intend hurling insults at him.

quote user="TIL 1010"

quote user="Europe_93"Holt has a fully deserved place in our history. No insults will be hurled his way from me./quote

Spot on.

The man deserves nothing but the upmost respect at what he achieved during his time here. Player of the Year three times in a row during one of the most successful periods of our history says it all.

Cheap snidey comments aimed at him on here say everything you need to know about the posters making them. Planks every single one of them and I would tell them to their face so don''t be anywhere near me at Villa Park if you intend hurling insults at him.

/quote

I just want to be clear as the OP that this was not a thread intended to slate Holt as an NCFC player. I do, however, think that it probably was the right time for him to leave. As well as the fact that he wanted to leave himself, he is perhaps on the downslope in his career.

I''m trying to get tickets for Villa Park and he''ll get a great reception from me if and when he''s seen, that''s for sure.

Europe 93 and Making Plans agree completely. Holt was a brilliant players for us and I don''t think we would be in the PL if it were not for him.Interesting to see how many of the Villa fans criticise the style of football that Lambert plays at Villa!

I liked this one:"I think that Holt has been brought in to allow PL to have two different

game plans. Plan A will be to hoof and fight and if after 70 minutes

that isn''t working then Plan B will be deployed …. bring on Grant Holt

and fight and hoof desperately. PL has cleverly allowed himself the

option of switching around the hoofing and fighting should it be

necessary."http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10645-grant-holt/page-34or "Couldn''t give a **** about this fat slob playing for the villa, for me

its more about what it symbolises...which is Lambert''s pig headed

insistence on having a big lump in the box for his 1980''s long ball

shite football."

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Europe_93"]Holt has a fully deserved place in our history. No insults will be hurled his way from me.[/quote]

Spot on.

[/quote]Pull yourself together man.

Why do posters vociferously stick up for an ex-player, but when one of our lads, who wear the badge still, get a regular slating, don''t say owt?

Priorities wrong?

To me buying Holt was a weird piece of business by Lambert. Of all the strikers to buy, this reeked of a sad kind of one-upmanship over the Norwich Board and secondly an attempt to drag Hoolahan in (a big mate of Holt). It struck me at the time as slightly desperate too. Holt is and will be remembered as one of City''s greats but his best playing days are gone. I hope we chant for him away at Villa and go on to win..... as I now expect....our Lambert hoodoo well and truly over.

Wow. So Holt is fat? Remember how he got the last laugh on that idiotic falsehood when he showed the Swansea fans just how out of shape he is after scoring his second of that match?

Whether Villa fans appreciate him or not, we are definitely worse for wear without him.

[quote user="claxtonfolly"]wish he was still with us if so many of our now missed chances would have been goals.[/quote]

Think Lambert conned him in to believing that Wes was on his way too, and now Holt wants to go back home.