Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Great performance and result Saturday but are we really any closer to winning a game ?

Saturdays game was made for Chris Hughton and we did really well to get a point out of a game most myself included were fearful of a cricket score from.

Having a defensive approach to these games has never been a problem in my book it his our inability to change this in games we should and need to win.

The teamsheet against Cardiff was frankly laughable there is little doubt they are the worst team in this league (ironically worse now that Malky has gone) and we went there with probably the most defensive team I have ever seen Hughton put out.

Yes even this team should have been out of sight by half time but I think there can be little debate that had we started with the team that finished the game we would have won comfortably.

I can see us getting a few more clean sheets along the way, I am just not sure I can see us getting the wins we actually need.

We''ll be in the bottom 3 tomorrow night I think, does that answer you?

I see the point you are making, KG, and, of course, mathematically you are right. We are just as near a relegation spot as we were at Saturday lunchtime.I''d agree too that , 3 minutes of madness at Cardiff aside, the defence is looking a lot safer these days, but as Steve Gedge says in today''s Pinkun, the big concern is our inability to score goals; now a paltry 6 in the last 12 games. But, as I''ve said in another thread, it''s got to the stage where, in fact, I''d take 4 one-nil wins over the next 5 or 6 weeks, if that''s all that''s on offer. Beggars can''t be choosers.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]What happened to your thousands of posts, Wiz? Evidently you have a new account, what happened to the old one?[/quote]

When I''ve jacked in my registration here I always ask the mods to close it permantly TT, if I leave again I will do the same next time.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

So you think West Brom are going to beat Chelsea? Because that is the only way Norwich can be in the bottom 3...

[/quote]

All things are possible.

[quote user="Wiz"]When I''ve jacked in my registration here I always ask the mods to close it permantly TT, if I leave again I will do the same next time.[/quote]Fortunately for us Wiz, deleting your account doesn''t delete your previous posts so they''ll be there for ever. We''ll always be able to refer back to the www should you ever post anything contentious (not that you''re ever likely to). [;)]Ps: The www I am refering to is "Wiz''s Whacky World". [:D]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

So you think West Brom are going to beat Chelsea? Because that is the only way Norwich can be in the bottom 3...

[/quote]

All things are possible.

[/quote]

Except, its seems,  a Norwich win?  [;)]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]What happened to your thousands of posts, Wiz? Evidently you have a new account, what happened to the old one?[/quote]

When I''ve jacked in my registration here I always ask the mods to close it permantly TT, if I leave again I will do the same next time.

[/quote]When not if, surely ?.....

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All things are possible.

[/quote]

Except, its seems,  a Norwich win?  [;)]

As Wiz has already told us beating West Ham would relegate us, a win tomorrow is totally out of the question. We don''t want to get relegated twice in the same season. [:S]

[/quote]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All things are possible.

[/quote]Except us being in the bottom 3 tomorrow night - mathematically not possible by my reckoning.

Maybe not tomorrow night (although wba should have got a result at stamford bridge) but we don''t play again until 4pm on a Sunday so almost everybody will play before us. Find ourselves in the bottom 3 then & pressure will be huge to beat Spurs & if it starts going wrong it may not be the nicest atmosphere

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]What happened to your thousands of posts, Wiz? Evidently you have a new account, what happened to the old one?[/quote]The server ran low on space so admin had to give the db a spring clean.They started with "nonsensical guff", then deleted "venemous anti club or staff" before finishing with "Just trollin''" poor Wiz was very badly hit in the post count but fortunately lost nothing on "just downright embarrassing to himself and the club" as they''d already been deleted prior to this by request. (Allegedly)...... Think it''s just a few posts about his new  black pussy that are left.