Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Garth Crooks team of the week

DEFENDER - Martin Olsson (Norwich City)

Martin Olsson

A tackle by Martin Olsson on Jesus Navas was a bone shaker and should have been a match winner. The mere fact that

Norwich didn''t go on to win this game

is more to do with their poor finishing than any lack of spirit or

commitment to the cause. Olsson epitomised their determination with a

superb display by putting his body on the line on more than one

occasion. Norwich have to start performing like this against the smaller

teams at Carrow Road, though, and not just the big teams like Man City.

Did you know?

Olsson has the best tackle success rate (82%) of any Norwich player to attempt 20 tackles or more this season.

Best tackle success rate - and this was the player about whom several last summer said that he''s good going forward but not so good defending!

Well done Martin!

I thought he was good before we signed him, but he is actually better tha I thought and keeping a decent player out of the side.......we just now need better quality on the right hand side as cover for Martin.......because despite really liking Whittaker when he first joined he really hasnt impressed in his more recent performances.............looks a different player, and its not just his hair??

Ollson has been player of the season for me during the middle part of the season. Made that position his own, great getting forward and his defending has been phenominal at times. Look at the amount of running that boy does, he''s always covering the ball even if it''s rolling back to Ruddy, he''ll be shielding it. You don''t see Martin or Whittaker doing that!

As for Garth''s point about our finishing, I still do not understand how we are struggling so badly to score goals. As Saturday shew we can make the chances, but our finishing is woeful.

Yup. Up until December Howson would have been the clear POTS but he''s obviously now missed quite a few games and in that time Olsson''s debut season in a Norwich shirt has got better and better.

He has certainly made that position his own. Was great to see him put in some real quality crosses against Man City and he''s a very tenacious defender.

Certainly the best fullback at the club, in my opinion.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Olsson is my POTS so far - was delighted when he signed and surprised that Norwich could get him for such a cheap price considering his age and regular appearances for Sweden.[/quote]Absolutely agreed. The amount of last ditch blocks and goal line clearances he''s done have saved us many a point.

As much as I respect Martin for all that he''s brought to the club, it would be great to have a player with the same mix of skills on the other side of the pitch.

Olsson is also my POTS, been saying it all season really. Didnt know too much about him before we signed him, Blackburn fans said he was overrated, but I think he has been exceptional all season. Gets forward very well, providing our traditional width when he has a right footer in front of him, crossing good, not afraid to shoot, and although he gets forward, you rarely feel like he''s been sucked out of position. Defensive responsibilities always looked after first. He''s only had one bad game since he joined IMO (Newcastle) and think that was because Cabaye''s heavy challenge unnerved him.

Feel sorry for the fullbacks as they rarely get the plaudits they perhaps deserve. Thought Garrido did well last season and that he is a good player, but, although Garrido hasnt really done much wrong, Olsson simply does almost everything better

[quote user="Surfer"]As much as I respect Martin for all that he''s brought to the club, it would be great to have a player with the same mix of skills on the other side of the pitch.[/quote]

I personally think we already have that player in Elliott Bennett

[quote user="Making Plans"]

DEFENDER - Martin Olsson (Norwich City)

Martin Olsson

A tackle by Martin Olsson on Jesus Navas was a bone shaker and should have been a match winner. The mere fact that

Norwich didn''t go on to win this game

is more to do with their poor finishing than any lack of spirit or

commitment to the cause. Olsson epitomised their determination with a

superb display by putting his body on the line on more than one

occasion. Norwich have to start performing like this against the smaller

teams at Carrow Road, though, and not just the big teams like Man City.

Did you know?

Olsson has the best tackle success rate (82%) of any Norwich player to attempt 20 tackles or more this season.

[/quote]Think he''s been great for us this year as well. Was surprised he wasn''t given man of the match on Saturday for his performance.

his best performance this season by far...

i still thought Garrido was the answer but after his performance this Saturday clear to see why he is favoured.

[quote user="Yobocop"]his best performance this season by far...

i still thought Garrido was the answer but after his performance this Saturday clear to see why he is favoured.[/quote]The answer? I didn''t think there was even a question the way Olsson has been playing.