Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Tube strike on Tuesday

Evening all, I will travelling up to the West Ham game on Tuesday night from Cambridge. It''s only just dawned on me that there will be a tube strike that evening. Obviously this makes getting back exceptionally difficult.

Does anyone have any strategies in place already to get around this?

Should be fine using the tube to get there. After the game I''d aim to catch a bus (or walk in around 30 mins) to Stratford. From there head into Liverpool St. then out to Cambridge. Will be slow, but should make the 2258 from Liverpool St. without any issues.

About the most cunning plan I''ve concocted so far is to use the Docklands Light Railway and to walk from West Ham, bit of a hike but nothing else seems particularly straight forward.

Forest Gate supposedly a 25 min walk and I think Stratford about 2.5 miles. I''m not sure West Ham is anywhere near the ground.

Anyone else seen Fulham (languishing) at the bottom of the table) are trying to get their game versus Liverpool (just beaten arsenal 5-1) postponed because they can''t guarantee enough staff will be on duty, or on time...feel bad for them. Oh btw arsenal are not calling of their smaller game against man u, same night.

I wouldn''t bet on bus being available, got a feeling your man Hughton will be parking it in the goal mouth tomorrow