Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Yaya Toure on RVW

There are very few, if any, Dutch internationals who cannot play the game.

I would imagine that just like you Simple Jack they also saw him play.

Perhaps I am more inclined to take the judgement of international managers than somebody who calls himself Simple Jack.

Toure kicked him and RVW tried to get him sent off - which would have been fine by me.

[quote user="Simple Jack"]I think he''s actually getting worse! Looks like a kid in a man''s game.[/quote]Well Jack, I am affraid if we did decide he wasnt good enough we wouldnt sell to Ipswich anyway.

[quote user="GJP"]Toure kicked him and RVW tried to get him sent off - which would have been fine by me.[/quote]Good points, well made.[:D]

Thought Toure barely touched him. Ricky''s response was theatrical and embarrassing. Noticed it was initially Fer who seemed to try and calm him down. I think the lad is becoming very frustrated and is aware he is not exactly a crowd favourite.

To date we have all been giving him the benefit of the doubt but I find it difficult to suggest he will make his mark in the Premiership. Was under the impression he came here mainly as a goal poacher in the box but seems lightweight to compete with the burly defenders he comes across in this league. Has resorted to playing deeper in midfield but that does not appear to be his strength. Easily knocked off the ball.

vos wrote the following post at 09/02/2014 8:49 PM:

Thought Toure barely touched him. Ricky''s response was theatrical and embarrassing. Noticed it was initially Fer who seemed to try and calm him down. I think the lad is becoming very frustrated and is aware he is not exactly a crowd favourite.

To date we have all been giving him the benefit of the doubt but I find it difficult to suggest he will make his mark in the Premiership. Was under the impression he came here mainly as a goal poacher in the box but seems lightweight to compete with the burly defenders he comes across in this league. Has resorted to playing deeper in midfield but that does not appear to be his strength. Easily knocked off the ball.

When he first came he looked pretty robust, hope he gets a goal soon because he could well become a different player.

Some players hit the ground running, some don''t. He''s been unfortunate with injury. I do hope he comes good though as he seems to have a lot of potential

[quote user="GJP"]Toure kicked him and RVW tried to get him sent off - which would have been fine by me.[/quote]

This 100% - spot on GJP

Was also discussing at the ground that often a player has to fall or make the most of it as some officials wont give a free kick for example where there is a foul but the player stays on their feet.

His rolling around wasnt great,  but he was kicked which no ones rules is just a yellow card;   it seems ricky haters have blind hate enough to give opposition players preferential treatment over one of our own.    Madness.

Toure kicked him. It was enough to be a red card and he was lucky not to get sent off.

I hope though that there is not a retrospective ban as Man City''s next 3 games are Sunderland, Stoke and Villa all at home!

I really need to see it again, as at the time and subsequent replay there didnt look much in it to me.

Anyway, what really jars me off is this type of ridiculous comment:

"On the one hand, people who actually go to games and see time and time again the eye-watering amount of money we have wasted on Wolf. And on the other, stream watchers who think Ricky is a football genius"

...which indicates that you are your opinion is only valid if you go to the game, which is utter rubbish..........

Certainly looked to me like he flicked out a little kick which made contact with RVW''s back although not hard, and was clearly deliberate.  The sort of thing which would have been ignored 30 years ago, got a yellow card 15 years ago, but now is normally a red card.  Just see what would happen if BJ did it !

Milner was lucky not to get two yellow cards as well...

The morons that are slating ricky are the same morons that slated Morison and have always been there to kick the boot in on players that are struggling or finding it hard to find form. They get a sick little thrill out of it. Thy shouldn''t be anywhere near the illusion that they are anywhere near to being a Norwich fan. They should simply consider themselves idle gossip merchants interested in drama than football. If they were on fire wearing a Norwich shirt I''m pretty sure I wouldn''t urinate anywhere near them. This is an attitude that is at the very rotten heart of the support. Bitter, vindictive individuals determined to foresee total disaster and only interested in reducing everyone else''s enjoyment of football in general. They must be horrendous people to live with and any loved ones they haven''t chased off through their ridiculous brain-dead attitudes towards everything had my sympathy. Now click the report button, there''s a good lad.

[quote user="Buh"]The morons that are slating ricky are the same morons that slated Morison and have always been there to kick the boot in on players that are struggling or finding it hard to find form..[/quote]

which Division is Morison playing in now???

the raft of premiership clubs beating down the door to sign the laziest player to have ever lived must be huge.

When he lost form you made sure he''d never play for Norwich again.

Some players are marked men at this club, they get isolated and torn to bits.

The minute it came out ricky was our record signing and was taking the number 9 shirt, he was a marked man among some.

It is a thing with some Norwich fans though. When certain players are low on confidence they cannot help but look for any chance to knock them - and of course only further damage their confidence.

Without doubt there are times when some fans are willing a player to make a mistake or fail so they can have a go at him or say "I told you so".

And if that player proves them wrong they''ll either go quiet or they''ll try to dig out whatever excuse they can.

There must have been more to the RVW /Toure incident than just the kick out, perhaps something earlier in the game.

If RVW was simply trying to get Toure sent off then he would have stayed down but he was raging about it.

Have seen players feign or over exaggerate injuries to get a player carded but never seen them lose their rag like Ricky, he was steaming.

Really hope he gets and buries a chance soon or lays on one for someone else, the guy needs a confidence boost and as with any City player I want him to come good.

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Think you may be in for a long wait - and the streams will be a distant memory by then. Still, the Championship is an exciting division.[/quote]

Isn''t it?

How many years of excitement have you endured now?

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Think you may be in for a long wait - and the streams will be a distant memory by then. Still, the Championship is an exciting division.[/quote]

Isn''t it?

How many years of excitement have you endured now?

Speculation in the papers now that Toure will be given a 3-match ban, which would take him out for their games against Stoke, Sunderland and a cup game vs Chelsea.  So that''s great - a foul completely unpunished against us, and Man City weakened for games against two of our rivals.

Mourinho weighing in now saying Yaya should be banned to defend football or the message is clear players can do what they want - great pressure being applied.

As ICF points out - it helps Chelsea and will hinder us too..

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/poll_do_you_agree_with_former_referee_graham_poll_that_yaya_toure_should_not_be_cited_for_kicking_norwich_city_striker_ricky_van_wolfswinkel_1_3308368

Graham Poll showing why we all delighted when he retired, and being totally wide of the mark. Still I suppose it might help to shift newspapers.

''Match highlights have shown Touré did kick out at van Wolfswinkel, a kick described as no more than “petulant” by Poll,''

We should use that one Tuesday night at West Ham - ''You can''t send me off for throwing that punch ref I was just being Petulant''

Petulant it might have been but the intent was there and he had to go

No further action - well no surprise there then.

Sham of a farce of a travesty

''The incident was reviewed by a panel made up of three ex-referees.

And the former officials could not unanimously agree the Ivorian should be charged with violent conduct.''

So what was it then, and accidental kick. Sorry but the intent was there, and he had to go.

Very, very poor.

It was a kick. He knew exactly what he was doing and they know it too. They have simply chosen to let him get away with it.

Still think RVW can make his mark in the premiership albeit at the moment he has been a bit of a flop. As for the incident hand bags at 10 paces for mean rightfully consigned to the dustbin. He should have come across Norman Hunter !!