Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Yaya Toure on RVW

How bad was it? The BBC text stream said:
Ricky van Wolfswinkel is an angry young man. He believes that Yaya Toure

has deliberately wedged a knee in his back while he is prone on the

floor. He has a case. It looks like the Ivorian knew exactly what he was

doing. No card though.
From what I could see on my stream (I know, plastic etc.) RVW looked very upset about something but there didn''t appear to be any contact.

Rogue Baboon wrote the following post at 08/02/2014 7:36 PM:

Was following the play so didn''t see it. The Bassong thing was after the ref called Bassong over to calm RVW down

Thanks, missed the ref talking to Bassong.

Spiteful and a straight red if seen by the ref or an assistant.

Maybe a retrospective there? We''ll see.

On a similar note, Ricky does seem to get quite a bit of that sort of ''attention'' from opposing defences. Perhaps they see him as a clever, classy, skillful footballer but one that doesn''t have a great deal of strength to ride the blows?

Fer (i think it was) got very annoyed shouting at the ref as soon as it happened.

All the players came off the pitch with great credit yesterday, except one - RVW.

Toure''s boot barely brushed his back and RVW''s reaction was delayed and over-theatrical -filling Snodgrass''s missing boots admirably.

Toure should have been yellow carded, yes, but if he receives a retrospective three match ban, then it is only in the interests of Norwich''s relegation rivals. Man City''s home game with Sunderland should come round too soon, but not their home game with Stoke.

RVW''s frustrations are obvious, but every time he plays, it underlines just how far Hooper is ahead of him in the pecking order. If getting stuck in means picking up meaningless yellow cards, then he might as well not bother. It seems to me that every appearance he makes drops another £100k off his resale value.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]What odd views. RVW played well yesterday and was spitefully kicked in the back. These boots have studs on . Did any of you ever play football?[/quote]
Have you not met our fans on here? They''re pretty much all bloody morons of the highest order.
RVW was rightly angry and so he should be, it was pathetic of Toure. These big players that can''t handle the fact a little club in Norfolk are more than competing with them in a game....
The hate on RVW is a bit ridiculous on here. By all accounts he done nothing wrong yesterday. We do need to adjust how we play when he comes on and we''re not doing that so far. We can play it early into Hooper because he has the strength to hold it up. That''s not the case with RVW so it''s important that we wait to play him in at the right time.

Both players displayed there frustrations in that incident, neither emerges with much credit. Ricky is showing signs that he believes the world is against him, he should focus his attention inwardly rather than outwardly, though it must be difficult for him at the moment.

RVW looked both lightweight and out of his depth. Tuore should have got a yellow but the reaction was embarrasing. It was never going to happen but Becchio should have been brought on, as soon as I saw it was RVW my heart sank.

Let''s leave the Ricky bashing to Eastenders shall we?

I absolutley agree with Hog. Milner displayed the same nasty side which for me shows how they cannot cope with not being top dogs. Spoilt brats imo.

''RVW played well yesterday''???

Have Norwich fans'' expectations of our record signing stooped so low?

Some of the posters on here are not City supporters, just professional keyboard bullies.Some of you continously snipe at and belittle your own teams players and manager, regardless of what they do and then wonder why you don''t feel a part of anything.Support the team or feck off and go support Man United or whoever is flavour of the week in the Premier League.

Opinion is divided. On the one hand, people who actually go to games and see time and time again the eye-watering amount of money we have wasted on Wolf. And on the other, stream watchers who think Ricky is a football genius.

It seems entirely reasonable to point out that our record signing continues to disappoint. It has nothing to do with being a poor supporter, rather the opposite I think! RVW apart, the team yesterday really couldn''t be faulted, I certainly left the ground a lot more optimistic than when I arrived!

"At the game yesterday. Neither player come out of it well. Mr Wolfswinkel went down as if he had been shot. Whilst I do not condone Toure''s behaviour I was shocked to see Wolfwinkel''s reaction. He was one minute rolling around and then up and trying to get face to face with Toure. This after his only contribution to the game was to get booked. I suspect his frustration is more to do with his realisation that he is a very lazy player. His team chased everything down to earn a draw. He did not."

Pretty much as I saw it. You don''t have to wear green and yellow specs to be a NCFC supporter........

Petulance from both of the highest order......Toure to kick Ricky, and Ricky to over react.......

Although......RVW''s over reaction did bring the incident to the attention of the cameras.......which will also bring it to the attention of the FA.....

See what ''appens.....innit.

RVW will come good eventually! People getting on to him and thinking becchio is a better player will not help matters though. It takes an ectomorphic body ages to build muscle after injury, plus he was a little light weight anyway.

This has got me thinking... Would you bulk him up? A unnatural state for his body or Slim him down further and make him whippet like. When henry was at inter they tried to bulk him up but Wenger slimmed him down!

Head buried in sand ... Have you actually seen him play?? If yes, what possible evidence have you seen that he will "come good"?? He looks completely out of his depth in all facets of the game. I think part of the reason he contributes so little is that the other players are reluctant to give him the ball because that effectively forfeits possession - he''ll be instantly and easily dispossessed.