Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

RVW

See my post in the Chris Martin secton.

There is still time. In our promotion winning season it was about now that Jackson found his scoring boots and something clicked. The rest is history!

Ricky still seems determined to succeed and the team do too. There is still time for it to work for him at our club. All it will take is one bit of luck/ skill and a goal and I do think he''ll be back on form. Whether that comes for us in these next few games or whether he ends up somewhere else, he''ll be back on the goals trail soon. He''s very similar to Klass Jan Huntelaar in style and he can''t stop scoring.

Stone sums it up best for me... Ricky looks well short of the qualities required.

It happens from time to time in the prem, a Player comes over after setting the world alight and just isnt suited to the english game.. Shevchenko being the big example.

I dont doubt Ricky''s passion for the club and he does want to do well but as has been said by others he looks totally lost!

Movement and awareness are fine but wheres the end product...

take the old scenario.. we need to win 1-0 to stay up on the last day.. in the 89th minute the ball drops to the feet of a striker 1 on 1 with just the kepeer to beat.. would you really HONESTLY want that striker to be Ricky?

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

He looked no less likely to score than Hooper on sat

[/quote]

Indeed.

Unfortunately what I''m noticing around me is that RVW gets criticised (and quite vocally by some) for things that Hooper doesn''t get criticised for.

And I suspect that until he starts to score goals everything he does will be wrong in the eyes of some.

[/quote]

Well as a striker he is neither scoring or creating chances for others. [/quote]

And right now nor is hooper - which was mine, and I think GJPs point.

He has not been great,  but nor is he as disaster prone or work shy as portrayed, 

Whatever positive qualities RVW possesses, he is unlikely to display them in a team playing the way Norwich currently do.  I sound like a scratched record, but I''ll say it again, all our strikers have struggled under Chris Hughton.Premier League goals 2013/14:Hooper: 20 apps 5 goalsRVW: 16 apps 1 goalElmander: 19 apps 0 goalsBecchio: 4 apps 0 goalsOnly two of these goals have been intentionally set up by team mates. Two.  Hoolahan and Fer alone can claim an assist to the strikers - both to Hooper.   RVW''s single goal was supplied by a deflected shot. While three of Hooper''s were from a penalty and two self-made long range efforts.   The point being that the team has neither created enough or linked up with the strikers effectively.  It was the same story last season with Holt, Kamara, Morison, Kane, Jackson etc.