Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Buzzz...................

Nice to see the insults are flying, always makes for some lively reading. Now, Wiz......you have certainly come back with a bang.......its like you are on steroids or something, have you been drug tested recently

But, I think all of you who go to the matches will agree that the atmosphere has been on a knife edge over the last few matches and would have gone the wrong way had we been beaten Saturday...and could still do so, its fragile. Before anyone says...."what do you know you ex pat plastic?"...I have many (yes that is surprising) friends and some family who are season tickets holders, a mix of shall we say "inners" and "outers" and this is one thing they have been consistent on....they cant agree on RVW, but the atmosphere situation is clear, has also been mentioned on several commentaries and I can hear it on the tv as I happy clap whilst admiring the free flowing football.   

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

But surely it has been resolved one way or the other? They haven''t sacked him.

What you actually mean is that it will carry on UNTIL they sack him...

[/quote]Well, Warren, if you want to believe it''s been resolved, then that''s your preogative, but I can assure you it has NOT been.Of course there are a few who want CH sacked come what may, but I for one would love it if things suddenly improved and there was no need to sack him. Just, at the moment I don''t see much evidence of it. That''s why I think it can and will be resolved, one way or the other by summer at the latest. Neither you,nor I know how the cookie will crumble.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I find your argument a bit strange Reggie. . 

But to me you are only as good as your most recent performance -

[/quote]Well, my argument is not half as strange as the above gem.Why, only last week you were banging on your well worn hobby horse about how you shouldn''t look at things in isolation, how you should take a full tenure of office into account, how we finished twelfth last season , blah blah blah.So.....what is it to be; as good as your most recent performance, or looking at things long term ?You can''t have it both ways.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]

I find your argument a bit strange Reggie. . But to me you are only as good as your most recent performance - [/quote]

Well, my argument is not half as strange as the above gem.Why, only last week you were banging on your well worn hobby horse about how you shouldn''t look at things in isolation, how you should take a full tenure of office into account, how we finished twelfth last season , blah blah blah.So.....what is it to be; as good as your most recent performance, or looking at things long term ?You can''t have it both ways.[/quote]I don''t recall saying any of the above in the last week, however......

You can only deal with the present. I will only argue about the past

when people put forward their interpretations of the past that I

disagree with.  If you want to argue about the past, I can argue about that, and most of the criticism of our style of our football is about past matches. Even past seasons.  But if you want to argue about the present which to my mind is  much healthier,  the last two matches have shown a level of performance and attacking zeal that rather spoils the arguments of the past that are to do with lack of entertainment and negative tactics. If we keep the performance level up into the next game - and I see no reason to suppose we won''t - I see no reason to suppose that the goals we all crave for won''t start to go in too - and a by product of that would be a lot more good feeling towards the manager - and most importantly - an improved league position.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]

I find your argument a bit strange Reggie. . But to me you are only as good as your most recent performance - [/quote]

Well, my argument is not half as strange as the above gem.Why, only last week you were banging on your well worn hobby horse about how you shouldn''t look at things in isolation, how you should take a full tenure of office into account, how we finished twelfth last season , blah blah blah.So.....what is it to be; as good as your most recent performance, or looking at things long term ?You can''t have it both ways.[/quote]I don''t recall saying any of the above in the last week, however......

You can only deal with the present. I will only argue about the past

disagree with.  If you want to argue about the past, I can argue about that, and most of the criticism of our style of our football is about past matches. Even past seasons.  But if you want to argue about the present which to my mind is  much healthier,  the last two matches have shown a level of performance and attacking zeal that rather spoils the arguments of the past that are to do with lack of entertainment and negative tactics. If we keep the performance level up into the next game - and I see no reason to suppose we won''t - I see no reason to suppose that the goals we all crave for won''t start to go in too - and a by product of that would be a lot more good feeling towards the manager - and most importantly - an improved league position.  

[/quote]1 point in 2 games that includes a top team and a bottom team. That''s the harsh fact of recent games. Playing well wont keep you in the league, wins will. To win you need to score goals, we have 4 since boxing day. You say you see no reason why goals wont start going in. So what are your reasons to say that goals suddenly will start going in?

Saturday was a good result & good performance, but we are closer to the bottom 3 than we were before. We have to win tomorrow (against an inform west ham team) or we will almost definately be in the bottom 3 by the time we kick off against Spurs - then pressure will be ramped up on the team as we don''t want to enter the last 5 games in it

You are a nasty man 1st wiz [:@]  [quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I suppose I should apologise for doubting the faithful, but that is the best atmosphere at CR I have been at for a long time.  Everything seemed right. The players, the fans,  the football.   Just a little more composure in front of goal and we would have taken all three points.  I''d been starting to believe that the negative stuff was getting too strong and that a bad performance would have made for a sour atmosphere. That might have happened if it had been poor on the pitch, but what yesterday did show is that if the players get it right, the crowd will respond and the spirit is still there.  The players responded to the setback at Cardiff brilliantly and the crowd were brilliant too.  

Fans losing the plot?   The "Hootun Outers" taken over?   Not on yesterday''s evidence.  As always its up to the team to get it right on the pitch, but if we carry on in that vein for the rest of the season, CR will be buzzing a plenty over the next few weeks and any shouting for Hughton''s head will become a whimper............what?  It already has?  [:O]

PS thanks to those who wished me well,  the journey was trouble free and well worth it!  There are lots of us who travel quite long distances to be at FCR, maybe not every week, but we count - just as much - if not more than the brainless few parochial twazzocks who like to try and wind us up on here.   

OTBC[/quote]

What a prize ar*ehole you really are Lakey.......have a gander at the league table you self important tit.........when we''re back to normal service tomorrow night at West Ham, you''ll vanish along with your fellow INNERS in denial mob... again!

Hootin will relegate us, end of, and one day you''ll finally wake up to that terrrible reality........but of course, it''ll be too late by then.

[/quote]

[quote user="lake district canary"]You can only deal with the present. I will only argue about the past

[/quote]Another example of wanting it both ways. Are we looking at past seasons or recent results ? Lets just clear this up, shall we?And, as RB says, what leads you to believe that we are suddenly going to start bulging the net on a regular basis ? No evidence for that whatever.

[quote user="tracker"]You are a nasty man 1st wiz [:@]  [quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I suppose I should apologise for doubting the faithful, but that is the best atmosphere at CR I have been at for a long time.  Everything seemed right. The players, the fans,  the football.   Just a little more composure in front of goal and we would have taken all three points.  I''d been starting to believe that the negative stuff was getting too strong and that a bad performance would have made for a sour atmosphere. That might have happened if it had been poor on the pitch, but what yesterday did show is that if the players get it right, the crowd will respond and the spirit is still there.  The players responded to the setback at Cardiff brilliantly and the crowd were brilliant too.  

Fans losing the plot?   The "Hootun Outers" taken over?   Not on yesterday''s evidence.  As always its up to the team to get it right on the pitch, but if we carry on in that vein for the rest of the season, CR will be buzzing a plenty over the next few weeks and any shouting for Hughton''s head will become a whimper............what?  It already has?  [:O]

PS thanks to those who wished me well,  the journey was trouble free and well worth it!  There are lots of us who travel quite long distances to be at FCR, maybe not every week, but we count - just as much - if not more than the brainless few parochial twazzocks who like to try and wind us up on here.   

OTBC
[/quote]

What a prize ar*ehole you really are Lakey.......have a gander at the league table you self important tit.........when we''re back to normal service tomorrow night at West Ham, you''ll vanish along with your fellow INNERS in denial mob... again!

Hootin will relegate us, end of, and one day you''ll finally wake up to that terrrible reality........but of course, it''ll be too late by then.

[/quote][/quote]

Thanks tracker. ...I try.[:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lake district canary"]I suppose I should apologise for doubting the faithful, but that is the best atmosphere at CR I have been at for a long time.  Everything seemed right. The players, the fans,  the football.   Just a little more composure in front of goal and we would have taken all three points.  I''d been starting to believe that the negative stuff was getting too strong and that a bad performance would have made for a sour atmosphere. That might have happened if it had been poor on the pitch, but what yesterday did show is that if the players get it right, the crowd will respond and the spirit is still there.  The players responded to the setback at Cardiff brilliantly and the crowd were brilliant too.   Fans losing the plot?   The "Hootun Outers" taken over?   Not on yesterday''s evidence.  As always its up to the team to get it right on the pitch, but if we carry on in that vein for the rest of the season, CR will be buzzing a plenty over the next few weeks and any shouting for Hughton''s head will become a whimper............what?  It already has?  [:O]PS thanks to those who wished me well,  the journey was trouble free and well worth it!  There are lots of us who travel quite long distances to be at FCR, maybe not every week, but we count - just as much - if not more than the brainless few parochial twazzocks who like to try and wind us up on here.   

OTBC
[/quote]

What a prize ar*ehole you really are Lakey.......have a gander at the league table you self important tit.........when we''re back to normal service tomorrow night at West Ham, you''ll vanish along with your fellow INNERS in denial mob... again! Hootin will relegate us, end of, and one day you''ll finally wake up to that terrrible reality........but of course, it''ll be too late by then.[/quote]

Play like we have in the last two matches and the confidence will grow, the strikers will start scoring the odd goal and we will stay up with ease. But I kind of take your point about the West Ham match, because the opposite is true too.  If the performances drop, we will struggle. 

PS - was there really any need for the insults?

[/quote]

Upon reflection Lakey..................yeah, I think so.[:|]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lake district canary"]I suppose I should apologise for doubting the faithful, but that is the best atmosphere at CR I have been at for a long time.  Everything seemed right. The players, the fans,  the football.   Just a little more composure in front of goal and we would have taken all three points.  I''d been starting to believe that the negative stuff was getting too strong and that a bad performance would have made for a sour atmosphere. That might have happened if it had been poor on the pitch, but what yesterday did show is that if the players get it right, the crowd will respond and the spirit is still there.  The players responded to the setback at Cardiff brilliantly and the crowd were brilliant too.   Fans losing the plot?   The "Hootun Outers" taken over?   Not on yesterday''s evidence.  As always its up to the team to get it right on the pitch, but if we carry on in that vein for the rest of the season, CR will be buzzing a plenty over the next few weeks and any shouting for Hughton''s head will become a whimper............what?  It already has?  [:O]PS thanks to those who wished me well,  the journey was trouble free and well worth it!  There are lots of us who travel quite long distances to be at FCR, maybe not every week, but we count - just as much - if not more than the brainless few parochial twazzocks who like to try and wind us up on here.   

OTBC
[/quote]

What a prize ar*ehole you really are Lakey.......have a gander at the league table you self important tit.........when we''re back to normal service tomorrow night at West Ham, you''ll vanish along with your fellow INNERS in denial mob... again! Hootin will relegate us, end of, and one day you''ll finally wake up to that terrrible reality........but of course, it''ll be too late by then.[/quote]

Play like we have in the last two matches and the confidence will grow, the strikers will start scoring the odd goal and we will stay up with ease. But I kind of take your point about the West Ham match, because the opposite is true too.  If the performances drop, we will struggle. 

PS - was there really any need for the insults?

[/quote]

Upon reflection Lakey..................yeah, I think so.[:|]

[/quote]

Your view is just a view Wizard. You can express it in that way if you wish, but a win tomorrow and it would be just as valid for someone else to turn what you say on its head, which would read like this:

"What a prize ******* you are Wiz... have a gander at the league table (win and we could be 10th) you self important tit... when we win against West Ham you''ll vanish along with your fellow OUTERS in denial mob... again! Hoots will keep us up, end of, and one day you''ll finally wake up to the reality... but of course, you''ll be raging against something else by then."