Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Buzzz...................

I suppose I should apologise for doubting the faithful, but that is the best atmosphere at CR I have been at for a long time.  Everything seemed right. The players, the fans,  the football.   Just a little more composure in front of goal and we would have taken all three points.  I''d been starting to believe that the negative stuff was getting too strong and that a bad performance would have made for a sour atmosphere. That might have happened if it had been poor on the pitch, but what yesterday did show is that if the players get it right, the crowd will respond and the spirit is still there.  The players responded to the setback at Cardiff brilliantly and the crowd were brilliant too.  

Fans losing the plot?   The "Hootun Outers" taken over?   Not on yesterday''s evidence.  As always its up to the team to get it right on the pitch, but if we carry on in that vein for the rest of the season, CR will be buzzing a plenty over the next few weeks and any shouting for Hughton''s head will become a whimper............what?  It already has?  [:O]

PS thanks to those who wished me well,  the journey was trouble free and well worth it!  There are lots of us who travel quite long distances to be at FCR, maybe not every week, but we count - just as much - if not more than the brainless few parochial twazzocks who like to try and wind us up on here.   

OTBC

I was beginning to worry about you Lakey and so glad to see you made it home safely. How many threads can we expect before the West Ham game but as an ''outer'' may I suggest looking at the League table gloating and name calling may just be a tad premature ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Did you wear a black coat[:^)]

[/quote]

Err...yes, as it happens. 

??

[/quote]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3068696/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

"smart long black coat" "walked off down the tunnel with a few minutes

to go"

[:D] Counts me out then!  My coat is neither long or smart and I didn''t leave early!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]as an ''outer'' may I suggest looking at the League table gloating and name calling may just be a tad premature ?[/quote]

Not gloating , just a tad mischievous....but results wise, it is a win under pressure against Hull, a draw under pressure against Newcastle (could even have been a win), a good performance at Cardiff which could have, maybe should have have, been a win and now a good performance under pressure against MC.   Performances combined with results are beginning to look more likely now.  Its still going to be a rough ride, but we should surely draw a lot of confidence from yesterday.

The three players in the core of the midfield yesterday hold the key to our success IMO, if we can keep them fit then there is a realistic prospect of stringing a few results together.

Great atmosphere yesterday, the players and the fans were buzzing at the end.

The key to improved results was always getting our midfield sorted out - either with some new players or getting our injured trio of Tettey, Plikington and (soon I hope) Howson back...

Can you explain what you mean by ''Hootun outers taking over''?

Do you mean that you expect everybody who wants Hughton out to go and not get behind the team and boo & get on the players from the first minute?

A lot of people around me don''t want Hughton as manager, some do but see major issues, some don''t want him as manager but think it would be disastrous to get rid now, citing the end of season to look at it (myself included). Its going to take a hell of a lot more than a 0-0 draw for peoples minds to change...

That''s an interesting point baboon! a few results and we could be well up the table! how high up would we need to be to change people''s minds?

[quote user="Vanwink"]That''s an interesting point baboon! a few results and we could be well up the table! how high up would we need to be to change people''s minds?[/quote]This season survive - but in the summer change the backroom staff. Its not working with Calderwood & Trollope. And then actually going into games & being able to score & look like we are improving. Im not expecting top 10 finishes, but results like Fulham & especially Cardiff (dominating, scoring once & conceding 2 sloppy goals) have to be eradicated.

if we could find the net more regularly we would be 5 points better off this season from the Cardiff games alone

Sounds like you think Calderwood and Trollope are the problem then. I don''t know enough about them and what goes on to be able to make a judgement, but if the problem is C and T then Chris Hughton should sort it out.

If we only just stay up by the skin of our teeth I think the whole lot should go, that has been my position for most of this season. The more I think about it though I wonder! a couple of good results will make a huge difference to final finishing position, so is the manager in reality to be judged on a couple of results one way or another over the course of 38 games?

CH will be judged by the board on final position, are we fans looking for some criterion which are more than just results driven and is it reasonable to expect that?

Good post LDC.....hopefully that one precious point will be a defining moment...BUT, had Citeh scored early doors I am certain it would be a very different story, its all a bit precariously balanced........just like the league itself. The margins between success and failure this season are even narrower than they have been in previous seasons and for me its the consistency that remains the key and thats what all of the teams in that bottom half just can''t seem to find.........and that''s what big transfer budgets buy.

As for how CH will be judged....I agree Vanwink, it will be on the final position and will be on more than just results.......but it will be the Board who understand that bigger picture better than us fans.....as we do tend to just look at the results and performance on the pitch of the first eleven and it is much bigger than that of course.   

[quote user="lake district canary"]I suppose I should apologise for doubting the faithful, but that is the best atmosphere at CR I have been at for a long time.  Everything seemed right. The players, the fans,  the football.   Just a little more composure in front of goal and we would have taken all three points.  I''d been starting to believe that the negative stuff was getting too strong and that a bad performance would have made for a sour atmosphere. That might have happened if it had been poor on the pitch, but what yesterday did show is that if the players get it right, the crowd will respond and the spirit is still there.  The players responded to the setback at Cardiff brilliantly and the crowd were brilliant too.  

Fans losing the plot?   The "Hootun Outers" taken over?   Not on yesterday''s evidence.  As always its up to the team to get it right on the pitch, but if we carry on in that vein for the rest of the season, CR will be buzzing a plenty over the next few weeks and any shouting for Hughton''s head will become a whimper............what?  It already has?  [:O]

PS thanks to those who wished me well,  the journey was trouble free and well worth it!  There are lots of us who travel quite long distances to be at FCR, maybe not every week, but we count - just as much - if not more than the brainless few parochial twazzocks who like to try and wind us up on here.   

OTBC
[/quote]

What a prize ar*ehole you really are Lakey.......have a gander at the league table you self important tit.........when we''re back to normal service tomorrow night at West Ham, you''ll vanish along with your fellow INNERS in denial mob... again!

Hootin will relegate us, end of, and one day you''ll finally wake up to that terrrible reality........but of course, it''ll be too late by then.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]As for how CH will be judged....I agree Vanwink, it will be on the final position and will be on more than just results.......but it will be the Board who understand that bigger picture better than us fans.....as we do tend to just look at the results and performance on the pitch of the first eleven and it is much bigger than that of course.   [/quote]Hang on a tick, DM (and VanWink) . First things first, if you please. Whilst there are other things to consider, let''s get the results side of things well and truly sorted before we start worrying about them ?  I''d assume you are referring to the style of football, amongst other things. Well, effective as it was, I do not think that anyone would pretend that Saturdays performance was a glowing example of Barcelona-esque champagne style football. In the unlikely even of us being mathematically safe well before the end of the season perhaps we can address this issue in the final few matches, but, until then, I''d take more of what we witnessed on Sat, and I''m pretty sure that would be the view of the board too. Hughton and his staff have chosen to go down this particular tactical road . Either it will fail, or it will work,..... just. If there is no point in changing the manager now, which seems to be the mantra of the ''inners'', then, by the same token I see little merit in changing the ethos at this late stage. But, you are right that in the summer the board will have to look at things in depth and decide on whether we all want a third season of this .

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lake district canary"]I suppose I should apologise for doubting the faithful, but that is the best atmosphere at CR I have been at for a long time.  Everything seemed right. The players, the fans,  the football.   Just a little more composure in front of goal and we would have taken all three points.  I''d been starting to believe that the negative stuff was getting too strong and that a bad performance would have made for a sour atmosphere. That might have happened if it had been poor on the pitch, but what yesterday did show is that if the players get it right, the crowd will respond and the spirit is still there.  The players responded to the setback at Cardiff brilliantly and the crowd were brilliant too.   Fans losing the plot?   The "Hootun Outers" taken over?   Not on yesterday''s evidence.  As always its up to the team to get it right on the pitch, but if we carry on in that vein for the rest of the season, CR will be buzzing a plenty over the next few weeks and any shouting for Hughton''s head will become a whimper............what?  It already has?  [:O]PS thanks to those who wished me well,  the journey was trouble free and well worth it!  There are lots of us who travel quite long distances to be at FCR, maybe not every week, but we count - just as much - if not more than the brainless few parochial twazzocks who like to try and wind us up on here.   

OTBC[/quote]

What a prize ar*ehole you really are Lakey.......have a gander at the league table you self important tit.........when we''re back to normal service tomorrow night at West Ham, you''ll vanish along with your fellow INNERS in denial mob... again! Hootin will relegate us, end of, and one day you''ll finally wake up to that terrrible reality........but of course, it''ll be too late by then.[/quote]

Play like we have in the last two matches and the confidence will grow, the strikers will start scoring the odd goal and we will stay up with ease. But I kind of take your point about the West Ham match, because the opposite is true too.  If the performances drop, we will struggle.  PS - was there really any need for the insults?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Play like we have in the last two matches and the confidence will grow, the strikers will start scoring the odd goal and we will stay up with ease. But I kind of take your point about the West Ham match, because the opposite is true too.  If the performances drop, we will struggle.  PS - was there really any need for the insults?

[/quote]Wiz  puts it in his usual colourful vernacular, Lakey, but, reading between the lines, it does seem from your postings that, firstly you recognise the general atmosphere is NOT the hotbed of negativity you were rambling on about last week, and secondly you are starting to see that not everything is rosy in the Hughton garden. You have now seen at first hand just what can be achieved, and why, bearing that in mind, so many of us are truly hacked off at some of the horrendous no-shows that we''ve been subjected to recently.But you are right. It really is ''put up or shut up '' time for Hughton and the squad in general now. It really is on a knife-edge now. Either, as you say, we can kick on from this and string a few decent performances/results together. Or we can revert to type and serve up some dross. Now that you''ve belatedly recognised that the fans are 100% behind the team, it really is down to them now.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]Play like we have in the last two matches and the confidence will grow, the strikers will start scoring the odd goal and we will stay up with ease. But I kind of take your point about the West Ham match, because the opposite is true too.  If the performances drop, we will struggle.  PS - was there really any need for the insults?[/quote]Wiz  puts it in his usual colourful vernacular, Lakey, but, reading between the lines, it does seem from your postings that, firstly you recognise the general atmosphere is NOT the hotbed of negativity you were rambling on about last week, and secondly you are starting to see that not everything is rosy in the Hughton garden. You have now seen at first hand just what can be achieved, and why, bearing that in mind, so many of us are truly hacked off at some of the horrendous no-shows that we''ve been subjected to recently.But you are right. It really is ''put up or shut up '' time for Hughton and the squad in general now. It really is on a knife-edge now. Either, as you say, we can kick on from this and string a few decent performances/results together. Or we can revert to type and serve up some dross. Now that you''ve belatedly recognised that the fans are 100% behind the team, it really is down to them now.[/quote]Firstly, I have been expressing my doubts about Hughton since November, although he seemed to improve things in December then we were set back again after Christmas.  But the Hughton issue - as I keep saying - should be on the back burner as we all concentrate on staying up rather than mithering on about "in" or "out".   As for belatedly recognising the fans are 100% behind the team, I think that too was on a knife edge.   A poor performance on Saturday would have compounded the mauling by Newcastle and the loss at Cardiff to make for a pretty hostile atmosphere.  That it didn''t happen is down to the team and Hughton who showed us once again that when the chips are really down they respond.    All plaudits go to the team and manager.  But they have to carry it on now into the next game and through to the end of the season.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Firstly, I have been expressing my doubts about Hughton since November, although he seemed to improve things in December then we were set back again after Christmas.  But the Hughton issue - as I keep saying - should be on the back burner as we all concentrate on staying up rather than mithering on about "in" or "out".  

[/quote]Well, I have to say that your doubts about Hughton , as such,have been well hidden, Lakey !What I really do find odd is that you clearly find the it difficult to grasp the concept that fans such as myself ,and hundreds of others, whilst wishing for a change in management/direction, can also support and cheer on the lads in a very enthusiastic manner at matches. The Hughton Out/In debate will not ''go on the backburner'', I''m afraid. It is a very real issue and will continue to be a bone of contention until it''s resolved one way or the other. But, this in no way impinges on our support at matches.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]

Firstly, I have been expressing my doubts about Hughton since November, although he seemed to improve things in December then we were set back again after Christmas.  But the Hughton issue - as I keep saying - should be on the back burner as we all concentrate on staying up rather than mithering on about "in" or "out".  

[/quote]

Well, I have to say that your doubts about Hughton , as such,have been well hidden, Lakey !

What I really do find odd is that you clearly find the it difficult to grasp the concept that fans such as myself ,and hundreds of others, whilst wishing for a change in management/direction, can also support and cheer on the lads in a very enthusiastic manner at matches. The Hughton Out/In debate will not ''go on the backburner'', I''m afraid. It is a very real issue and will continue to be a bone of contention until it''s resolved one way or the other. But, this in no way impinges on our support at matches.
[/quote]

But surely it has been resolved one way or the other? They haven''t sacked him.

What you actually mean is that it will carry on UNTIL they sack him...

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]Firstly, I have been expressing my doubts about Hughton since November, although he seemed to improve things in December then we were set back again after Christmas.  But the Hughton issue - as I keep saying - should be on the back burner as we all concentrate on staying up rather than mithering on about "in" or "out".   [/quote]

Well, I have to say that your doubts about Hughton , as such,have been well hidden, Lakey !What I really do find odd is that you clearly find the it difficult to grasp the concept that fans such as myself ,and hundreds of others, whilst wishing for a change in management/direction, can also support and cheer on the lads in a very enthusiastic manner at matches. The Hughton Out/In debate will not ''go on the backburner'', I''m afraid. It is a very real issue and will continue to be a bone of contention until it''s resolved one way or the other. But, this in no way impinges on our support at matches.[/quote]

But surely it has been resolved one way or the other? They haven''t sacked him.

What you actually mean is that it will carry on UNTIL they sack him...

[/quote]

I find your argument a bit strange Reggie. Of course the fans will support the team enthusiastically when the team does well.  My complaint is with those that turn too quickly when things are going less well.  This season has been a mixed bag.  Some good performances, some great effort, chances created and attacking football in evidence.  Some poor performances too of course, not helped by injuries.  I was worried going into Saturday that if it had been a rout, losing by 5 or 6,  it would have been an excuse for general doom and gloom, from the moment we went a goal or two down.   It didn''t happen and we were excellent, but life is full of ifs and buts.  The manager''s job is simple, he has to keep the team performing well, hope the strikers start finding the net - and that will keep the managerial issue on the back burner - where imo it belongs.  Its the players who have to deliver. 

Maybe Warren is right, some of you want him sacked and won''t be happy until he is.  That is not a very positive way to look at things.   I look on it from the point of view that I want him to succeed and will be very happy if he does succeed.   People seem to constantly harp on about what has or hasn''t happened in the past.  So we''ve had a difficult 18 months.  The manager/team have struggled to get the balance right and scoring has been a problem.  But to me you are only as good as your most recent performance - and that - in anybody''s books - was excellent. 

[quote user="lake district canary"] 

was there really any need for the insults?

[/quote]

Look what I found in your opening post Lakey.

brainless few parochial twazzocks

[:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"] was there really any need for the insults?[/quote]

[/quote]That''s not a personal insult directed at one individual though, is it.   Its up to an individual whether they think I''m talking about them or not.Its the personal stuff that is ugly.Ok, you can probably find me doing examples of that as well.............but usually only under provocation.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"] 
was there really any need for the insults?
[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s not a personal insult directed at one individual though, is it.  

Its up to an individual whether they think I''m talking about them or not.

Its the personal stuff that is ugly.

Ok, you can probably find me doing examples of that as well.............but usually only under provocation.

[/quote]

Oh now I understand .......it is ok as long as it is you doing it.

Sorry I got it wrong Lakey.

By the way that is ''ugly'' sarcasm aimed at you. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"] was there really any need for the insults?[/quote]Look what I found in your opening post Lakey.brainless few parochial twazzocks

[:D][/quote]

That''s not a personal insult directed at one individual though, is it.   Its up to an individual whether they think I''m talking about them or not.Its the personal stuff that is ugly.Ok, you can probably find me doing examples of that as well.............but usually only under provocation.[/quote]

Oh now I understand .......it is ok as long as it is you doing it.

Sorry I got it wrong Lakey.

By the way that is ''ugly'' sarcasm aimed at you. [;)]

[/quote]

No.  Ok, then.  1. Tell me who I insulted.  2. Tell me who Wiz insulted.You won''t be able to answer number 1, unless you can tell me who are the "brainless few parochial twazzocks"...........

Game attending, hard-earned cash spending parochial whatever it was reporting for duty.

I''m glad the crowd responded well to one of your very rare visits. Pity Ricky Von Goalmachine didn''t and I can only apologise for his hapless performance.

Please do patronisingly tell the real fans what they should and shouldn''t do at the next game while you''re tucked up with a hobnob a very, very long way from Carrow Road.

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Game attending, hard-earned cash spending parochial whatever it was reporting for duty.

I''m glad the crowd responded well to one of your very rare visits. Pity Ricky Von Goalmachine didn''t and I can only apologise for his hapless performance.

Please do patronisingly tell the real fans what they should and shouldn''t do at the next game while you''re tucked up with a hobnob a very, very long way from Carrow Road.[/quote]

Ahh.  You think your ears were burning eh?   Well, Simple Twazzock, unfortunately you are fooling nobody except yourself if you believe anyone goes along with your particular "persona".  Probably a long time poster having a little "fun" with the board, aka Mungo or whoever.  The real brainless ones are the ones that actually believe your guff and go along with it, of which there appear to be a few.   You however are just like a loud fart, a rank and  unpleasant one at that.  

There, is that patronising enough for you? [:D]

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Please do patronisingly tell the real fans what they should and shouldn''t do at the next game [/quote]I get really hacked off by people who presume they have a right to define who is and who isn''t a ''real'' fan.  It shows arrogance and ignorance.

Moo