Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 26

Another £60 for the CSF and win number 5 for Yankee!! The guy''s a legend[Y] That takes this season''s winnings to £409!! I''m so chuffed for Yankee and all this great team of PUPs[:D][Y]

Here''s Ray''s signature updated yet again with that x5 beside Yankee''s name. Here''s to the next 5 [H]

Carve their names with

pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,3,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,2,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin,2, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo, NWC, Hughesy.

Gregt yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £346 for the Community

Sports Foundation.

And with the Norwich match

bet. Splutcho, jb, Javier’s Deaf Translator, Hector Brockelbank, Blahblahblah,

Can u sit down please, yes PUPs £63 for the CSF making a total of £2447 raised

in total so far.

Just how amazing will become apparent when I do the stats. There were a lot of banana skins this weekend. A decent looking final 6 could have be made out of fancied teams that let us down!

Well done Team! There really was strong effort this week by everyone because, although there were some very good picks that could have been selected, there were also more than a few banana skins out there.

Now, I''m going to tell you a funny story that may be difficult to believe. Before I made my selections on Friday night ( your time ) I had my selections typed out in a post ( as they ended up in the final six ) but, as I alluded to earlier, I was torn between my own selection of Schalke and Purple''s exotic selection. [:D] I was contemplating making a last second change before I hit the post button.

When I''m typing a post It''s not unusual for me to have the message board up in a second window so I can check things if I need to. That was the case on Friday night. After refreshing that second window I saw Nutty''s message to Slim and I that he was going out but would be back later that night to sort out the bets. Purple had already indicated that his choice ( actually his second choice as he couldn''t get odds on his first choice ) was an early Saturday morning game and Nutty would need to place the bet early. Putting those two things together I decided to stay with Schalke in my post. Now here''s the funny thing. Nutty''s communication that he was going out that night shows up on this thread after my selections were posted not before ( although they show as the same time ). Nutty may not have seen my selections at the moment he posted, however, I saw his communication before I hit the post button with my selections which had been influenced by Nutty''s comment. This is not so strange to me at this point because recently I was having difficulties accessing the message board. Since I returned there have been a number of occasions where my post shows up on the forum before I have hit the "post" button. Sometimes twice. When I said, early on in the thread, it''s in the hands of the gods it seemed to be on this occasion.

Now, this is all history and it''s onwards and upwards for more success next week and, importantly, I wanted to ask you Nutty whether you have yet heard from Mister Chops? He has not been present lately and it would be nice to know that he is okay.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Well done Team! There really was strong effort this week by everyone because, although there were some very good picks that could have been selected, there were also more than a few banana skins out there.

Now, I''m going to tell you a funny story that may be difficult to believe. Before I made my selections on Friday night ( your time ) I had my selections typed out in a post ( as they ended up in the final six ) but, as I alluded to earlier, I was torn between my own selection of Schalke and Purple''s exotic selection. [:D] I was contemplating making a last second change before I hit the post button.

When I''m typing a post It''s not unusual for me to have the message board up in a second window so I can check things if I need to. That was the case on Friday night. After refreshing that second window I saw Nutty''s message to Slim and I that he was going out but would be back later that night to sort out the bets. Purple had already indicated that his choice ( actually his second choice as he couldn''t get odds on his first choice ) was an early Saturday morning game and Nutty would need to place the bet early. Putting those two things together I decided to stay with Schalke in my post. Now here''s the funny thing. Nutty''s communication that he was going out that night shows up on this thread after my selections were posted not before ( although they show as the same time ). Nutty may not have seen my selections at the moment he posted, however, I saw his communication before I hit the post button with my selections which had been influenced by Nutty''s comment. This is not so strange to me at this point because recently I was having difficulties accessing the message board. Since I returned there have been a number of occasions where my post shows up on the forum before I have hit the "post" button. Sometimes twice. When I said, early on in the thread, it''s in the hands of the gods it seemed to be on this occasion.

Now, this is all history and it''s onwards and upwards for more success next week and, importantly, I wanted to ask you Nutty whether you have yet heard from Mister Chops? He has not been present lately and it would be nice to know that he is okay.

[/quote]

Maybe we had some help from somebody watching over us Yankee. I certainly didn''t see your post before I posted. And going out was a very last minute decision after one of my new neighbours invited us to the pub.

Leeds Canary gave me word from Mister Chops. He''s not been on the Pink Un since the new year but he''s fine. I hope he soon makes a decision to come back. We miss him on this thread and on the rest of the board.

Fantastic stuff Yankee! Officially a PUP legend I should think. Fantastic stuff so far this year guys

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]I don''t understand one word of this post, so I will assume it means I should share the credit for Yankee''s success...[:P]PS.[Y]

Purple, I think I can safely say that I have never, in your time on this message board, seen you attempt to take credit for something you don''t understand. This is a weakness I would prefer not to see repeated. We need you to above all this so that when important future controversy takes place ( and it will ) you are seen as the steady hand that will decipher things for us. Now, do behave.

How many weeks are there in a PUP''s season?Our winnings of £409 must mean we are pretty close to beating the bookies for the year, whilst still in Early-Feb...

[quote user="Hector Brockelbank"]A change in mo for me this week, I''m abandoning my usual group of European powerhouses and going for a selection that has been jumping out at me all week.

Crystal palace v WBA home win @ odds of 8/5

If my research is correct palace at home v bottom half teams have won 5/8 62% WBA away v bottom half teams won 0/4 0% odds of 8/5 about a home win suggest it has a 38% chance of happening. On value grounds the price just looks wrong.

I hope this change off approach does not come back to haunt me but that price just keeps catching my eye.

For the match bet how about RVW 1-0

Good luck everybody[/quote]

Meant to post this earlier. Great selection at those odds Hector. I included it in my own line which obviously included my pick of Leicester rendering it useless![:$]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]How many weeks are there in a PUP''s season?Our winnings of £409 must mean we are pretty close to beating the bookies for the year, whilst still in Early-Feb... [/quote]

There''s 40 weeks. So far we have placed £369 in bets so we are 10% up.[Y] If at the end of the season we can make a profit for the CSF from all our tenners plus our anonymous donation that would be a brilliant result. And we''ll have had lots of fun too. This £10 is probably my most VFM spend every year!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]How many weeks are there in a PUP''s season?Our winnings of £409 must mean we are pretty close to beating the bookies for the year, whilst still in Early-Feb... [/quote]

There''s 40 weeks. So far we have placed £369 in bets so we are 10% up.[Y] If at the end of the season we can make a profit for the CSF from all our tenners plus our anonymous donation that would be a brilliant result. And we''ll have had lots of fun too. This £10 is probably my most VFM spend every year!!

[/quote]

Ah forgot the figures include the NCFC bet. Even so, still a good performance!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Hector Brockelbank"]A change in mo for me this week, I''m abandoning my usual group of European powerhouses and going for a selection that has been jumping out at me all week.

Crystal palace v WBA home win @ odds of 8/5

If my research is correct palace at home v bottom half teams have won 5/8 62% WBA away v bottom half teams won 0/4 0% odds of 8/5 about a home win suggest it has a 38% chance of happening. On value grounds the price just looks wrong.

I hope this change off approach does not come back to haunt me but that price just keeps catching my eye.

For the match bet how about RVW 1-0

Good luck everybody[/quote]

Meant to post this earlier. Great selection at those odds Hector. I included it in my own line which obviously included my pick of Leicester rendering it useless![:$]

[/quote]

Thanks nutty. When prices appear far to big like that one you wonder if you are missing something. Thankfully this time it came off.

Looking forward to Nutty''s stats this week.  Not only will we see in black and white that Yankee is indeed a Grandmaster PUP, but also that there is a certain PUP, who I must add, has endured dreadful luck in previous seasons, who is challenging Mr Bump''s great record![Y]

Now for those stats. It was a difficult week with many fancied selections losing. Yankee managed to miss those which is probably why he has had five wins with the final selections. 39 PUPs selected with 22 correct and 3 void making a success rate of 61%. 25 games picked of which 15 won and 1 void a strike rate of 62%.

Some of our top PUPs were amongst those that went down this week leaving Trent clear at the top. Here''s the latest PUPs league showing those with at least 50% correct from at least half the available weeks : -

Trent

Canary
26 26 100%
Hissing Sid 25 26 96%
Norfolkbroadslim 25 26 96%
Scooby 25 26 96%
Statto 24 25 96%
Cosmic Twin 23 25 92%
Meth Canary 20 22 91%
Beauseant 22 25 88%
GMF 21 24 88%
Graham Humphrey 21 24 88%