Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 26

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]No problems whatsoever Eddie[:)][/quote]

Well I''ve drawn a blank in my quest for new blood this week so I''d like to take you up on your kind offer of being a stand by ''Slim. I''ll venture back out there for the Spurs game[H]

I''m sure are fiver is in very safe hands.

League One where Tranmere seem to struggle at home, (3-5-6-17-27) entertain Preston who seem to do better away (8-4-2-18--11).Tranmere Rovers v Preston.......Away win.Good luck Clyde. [Y]

For the City bet,  Norwich to win and Hooper to score anytime. (I think they''ll batter us but we''ll break away late on and sneak a win). [:D]

A win for Grasshoppers in the Swiss Super League against Aarau

Bet365 has the win at 8/13 at the moment.

Good Luck YankeeC and all PUPs

MC

A change in mo for me this week, I''m abandoning my usual group of European powerhouses and going for a selection that has been jumping out at me all week.

Crystal palace v WBA home win @ odds of 8/5

If my research is correct palace at home v bottom half teams have won 5/8 62% WBA away v bottom half teams won 0/4 0% odds of 8/5 about a home win suggest it has a 38% chance of happening. On value grounds the price just looks wrong.

I hope this change off approach does not come back to haunt me but that price just keeps catching my eye.

For the match bet how about RVW 1-0

Good luck everybody

LILLE to beat Sochaux.

A bit of a risky one as Lille have been on bad form but Sochaux are awful.

The odds are good though.

Good luck Yankee and all PUPS.

I''m also going for a home win for Lille v. Sochaux.

Lille are W8 D1 L2 F16 A6 at home and Sochaux are W0 D2 L10 F8 A31 away.

Good Luck, Yankee!

Thanks to everyone for a great set of selections. We can only have six, of course, and the trick is trying to blend strong probabilities with a couple that have a little more risk to them. So, here goes:

Burnley to beat Millwall                  First Wazzock, Jellytot

Bayern Munich to beat Nurnberg   Kathy   

Lille to beat Sochaux                     Herman, Cosmic Twin

Crusaders to beat Ballymoney      Trent

Schalke to beat Hannover            Yankee

Porto To beat Pacos De Ferreira   Hissing Sid, norfolkbroadslim, JB, chellecity, Beauseant, Mandie Moo

Just in case there are any of these called off let''s use substitute games 1) Loyola to beat Socceroo and Olympiakos to beat Veria

Evening all.  I have decided to split the fiver 5 ways.  No matter how much logic dictated, I found it very difficult to bet on Man City winning the game.  Anyway, who is to say that this won''t be one of those games where we get a result against one of the big boys!  Hopefully these will provide lots of potential and some added excitement.

Here are the 5 -

1. Tettey to score anytime

2. Bassong to score anytime

3. Goals - over 3.5

4. HT/FT - Draw/Norwich

5. Hooper to score first + 2-2 draw

Hopefully this week is just a blip and Nutty can find a new recruit for next week.  I am sure if any of you can help on that score, it would be most appreciated.

So that''s the 5, thanks for all the suggestions and good luck everyone.  Good luck to Norwich too, hopefully this can be ''one of those weekends''! OTBC

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Thanks to everyone for a great set of selections. We can only have six, of course, and the trick is trying to blend strong probabilities with a couple that have a little more risk to them. So, here goes:

Burnley to beat Millwall                  First Wazzock, Jellytot

Bayern Munich to beat Nurnberg   Kathy   

Lille to beat Sochaux                     Herman, Cosmic Twin

Crusaders to beat Ballymoney      Trent

Schalke to beat Hannover            Yankee

Porto To beat Pacos De Ferreira   Hissing Sid, norfolkbroadslim, JB, chellecity, Beauseant, Mandie Moo

Just in case there are any of these called off let''s use substitute games 1) Loyola to beat Socceroo and Olympiakos to beat Veria

[/quote]

Thanks Yankee. These look a terrific final six with a very decent potential return of £58.98. I''ve placed the bet with Bill Hill, here are the details : -

Bayern Munich

2/9

2:30 Sat

Burnley

4/6

3:00 Sat

Crusaders

1/12

3:00 Sat

Lille

2/5

7:00 Sun

Porto

2/11

4:00 Sun

Schalke

8/13

4:30 Sun

So that''s 4 games today and 2 on Sunday. Looks like we are in for an exciting weekend. Let''s keep our fingers crossed that we get that little bit of luck we always need.

[quote user="Brendo"]Been a while since I was here...Manchester United to win please. Good luck all.[/quote]

Welcome back Brendo[Y] Stick around buddy, we need your help with the match bets later this month.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Evening all.  I have decided to split the fiver 5 ways.  No matter how much logic dictated, I found it very difficult to bet on Man City winning the game.  Anyway, who is to say that this won''t be one of those games where we get a result against one of the big boys!  Hopefully these will provide lots of potential and some added excitement.

Here are the 5 -

1. Tettey to score anytime

2. Bassong to score anytime

3. Goals - over 3.5

4. HT/FT - Draw/Norwich

5. Hooper to score first + 2-2 draw

Hopefully this week is just a blip and Nutty can find a new recruit for next week.  I am sure if any of you can help on that score, it would be most appreciated.

So that''s the 5, thanks for all the suggestions and good luck everyone.  Good luck to Norwich too, hopefully this can be ''one of those weekends''! OTBC

[/quote]

Thanks ''Slim. You''ve done us proud buddy. I hope I''ve placed these bets correctly. I noticed some big differences in the odds between Bet365 and Bill Hill. The most startling difference was the odds for 2-2 with Hooper scoring first. Bet365 was 110/1 while Hills was 250/1. I tried to secure the best potential return for each bet. As it''s split 5 ways I''ve also increased the stake to 1.50 each.

1. Tettey to score anytime at 14/1 with Bet365 to return £22.50

2. Bassong to score anytime at 20/1 with Bill Hill to return £31.50

3. Goals - over 3.5 at 13/10 with Bill Hill to return £3.45

4. HT/FT - Draw/Norwich at 22/1 with Bet365 to return £34.50

5. Hooper to score first + 2-2 draw at 250/1 with Bill Hill to return £376.50

Good luck everyone[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Brendo"]Been a while since I was here...Manchester United to win please. Good luck all.[/quote]

Welcome back Brendo[Y] Stick around buddy, we need your help with the match bets later this month.

[/quote]Cheers Nigel. Will do mate. Picks look good this week. [Y]

Ah well, sorry guys.  I had a feeling that today would be one of those days and so it proved to be, which was great for Norwich and us.  I am kicking myself now for not having the conviction to cover it more though and more so because I was deliberating over the ht/ft of either draw/draw & draw/Norwich.

Anyway, thank you for the opportunity Eddie.

Well, that''s day one out of the way. By the way, Herman, I always thought the real risky one is my own selection for tomorrow, Schalke. It was between them and the one I was sorely tempted to go with ,Purple''s exotic selection, but he let me know that it was a very early Saturday game and, with Nutty having a Friday night out on the town ( city ) I opted for the greater return that Schalke would provide. That''s the one I''m concerned about. We don''t do sorry and blame on this thread but, if Schalke fails to deliver, I''m going to blame Nutty for painting the town red. [:D]

Going well Yankee hope it continues tomorrow. Hard luck Nbs.Eddie, as my original pick of Brentford was postponed could I change to TORINO who play Bologna tomorrow ?