so valuable to us. For me it’s his continual support and encouragement to our

group as a whole. Many of you have found yourselves biting your nails over the

last result when up pops Yankee from the other side of the world living the

moment with you. Yankee epitomizes what I call “the power of the pups”. I’d be

lost without him.

Don’t forget for your selection to be considered it must be played on

Sat/Sun/Mon and be listed on Bet365 or William Hill websites. This rule about

Bet365 and Bill Hill is important. I don’t like making rules but if a game

where there’s no price gets selected I can’t place the bet. 

This week I’m still hoping for a volunteer to take charge of the Norwich

match bet. I’ve tried to use people who won’t get a chance of selecting the

final six. I’m sure I’ll work something out so please post all your suggestions

for the match bet against Manchester City.

Now Ill hand the thread over to Yankee.

Remember theres no pressure because we are

all going to do our best to help you get an amazing x5 by your name in the Rays

Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money

for the Community Sports Foundation

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Clyde ... the thread is

yours.......[:)].......

As always I leave you with

Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with

pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,3,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,2,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin,2, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo, NWC, Hughesy.

Gregt yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £287 for the Community

Sports Foundation.

And with the Norwich match

bet. Splutcho, jb, Javier’s Deaf Translator, Hector Brockelbank, Blahblahblah,

Can u sit down please, yes PUPs £63 for the CSF making a total of £2388 raised

in total so far.

Feyenoord to beat Nimegen at home for me, 4th against the team one off the bottom, odds are 1/5.

Good luck to all PUPs and especially Yankee Canary-although I suspect he doesn''t actually need luck!

Was trying to find something interesting this week, but not coming up with much. So i''ll go for Inter. They host second bottom side Sassuolo who''s record this season is 4/5/13 with a -25 GD. Only slight niggle is 4 of their draws have come away from home, and Inters home record included 5 draws (5 wins, 1 loss). But Inter need a really big push to try and qualify for the CL next season.
As for the Norwich bet, 15-0 loss? ;) How about Man.C to score a penalty? Its 4/1. They''ll be able to get into the box enough to give Bennett or Fer a chance to give one away.
So that was;
Inter Milan vs Sassuolo- Home win.
Good luck :)

A Sunday offering from Portugal this week

FC Porto v Pacos Ferreira - Home Win

Porto sit 3rd with 7-1-0 19-2 at home, Pacos are bottom, 1-2-6 10-20

For the 5er, Hooper to score anytime is 11/4 on bet365

Best of luck Yankee, and all you PUPs

Good evening Nutty and very good luck to you Yankee also all you other lovely PUPs out there.

A HOME WIN please for MAN UTD v Fulham.

For the Norwich bet Vincent Kompany to score anytime at 8/1 looks generous.

My nap this week takes me to Portugal -

Porto vs Ferreira - home win

Porto are at home and have the best home record in the league.  Bottom club Ferreira have won only 1 of their 9 away games so far and they are also currently bottom of the form table. 

For the match bet, Tettey to score for Norwich, Norwich h/t, draw f/t.  Happy to do this if you are stuck for a volunteer Eddie.

Good luck everyone, the very best of luck Yankee[:)][Y]

Thanks Richard. I''m trying really hard to get some different posters involved and the Norwich bet is a good way of doing that. It''s also part of the vision of our anonymous benefactor. But I''m not making much progress so would it be ok if you''re my back up if neccessary on Friday?

Thank you for the kind words Nutty. I will get the selections in by about 9 p.m. your time on Friday.

I''m sure the Pups will make things as easy as possible for me and then, of course, it''s in the hands of the gods.

Been overwhelmed with the tough winter we are having here. Over 12 inches of snow to clear yesterday morning. Another 9 inches overnight last night on top of that, which was followed this morning by a one inch coating of ice on top of that. Not to worry...I''ve got my skis out for the 35 mile cross country trek to the ocean here in New Jersey, followed by a swim of about 6000 miles plus ( round trip mind you ) to get to Carrow Road. I have to say, however, with the moaning that I see occurring on this forum that undoubtedly carries over into the crowd, I''m debating whether it''s worth making the trip or not. [:D]

Off to Portugal- third placed Porto to beat second-bottom club pacos Ferreira at home.

And the Norwich bet... Dzeko to score two or more.

Good luck!

Haha, didn''t read the thread before posting... Not the most original pick! Oh well...

Bundesliga for me please.

Nurnberg v Bayern away win

For the Norwich bet, more than 2.5 goals.

Good luck Yankee. I hope we meet one day!

Slight risky one maybe, but bottom of form table vs 2nd top in the form table;

Blackpool vs Nottingham Forrest AWAY WIN

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Thank you for the kind words Nutty. I will get the selections in by about 9 p.m. your time on Friday.

I''m sure the Pups will make things as easy as possible for me and then, of course, it''s in the hands of the gods.

Been overwhelmed with the tough winter we are having here. Over 12 inches of snow to clear yesterday morning. Another 9 inches overnight last night on top of that, which was followed this morning by a one inch coating of ice on top of that. Not to worry...I''ve got my skis out for the 35 mile cross country trek to the ocean here in New Jersey, followed by a swim of about 6000 miles plus ( round trip mind you ) to get to Carrow Road. I have to say, however, with the moaning that I see occurring on this forum that undoubtedly carries over into the crowd, I''m debating whether it''s worth making the trip or not. [:D]

[/quote]Well if Lakey (pictured below) can manage it I don''t see why you should be whinging, Yankee..Jose Salvador Alvarenga

I got lucky with my selection in the championship last weekend when Wigan got two late goals to beat Charlton. So I''m continuing to be brave and staying in the same league where I think Leicester will beat Watford at the tasty odds of 4/6. Leicester have won their last 8 while Watford have only won 2 of their last 16.

Leicester          v           Watford          Home Win

Fot the match bet I''m sticking with Pilks to scorer anytime. He scored in both games against Citeh last season.

Good luck everyone.

Looks a really tough week - Other than what''s been said the best I can find is Crusaders to beat Ballymoney United in the last 16 of the Northern Irish FA Cup.Crusaders are 4th in the premier league with a 7/4/1/ record. Ballymoney are in the League one Equivalent, mid table with a 3/1/4 away record. This game is the equivalent of say,  Liverpool v Colchester.Ballymoney have had a kind draw to reach this stage, however have been comfortably beaten by premier league opposition in the past. Best of luck all.Norwich bet - Dzeko Hatrick.

Yankee my good man, best of luck for the high five this week.LUTON v Tamworth - HOME WIN in the Football Conference.For the Norwich match bet, can''t see anything but a City win ;-)Think we''ll either park the bus and be ground down for a tight 0-1 loss or if we concede early it could be a massacre 0-6.I''d be tempted for a quid on each and also a quid on HT - Draw FT Man CityLeedscanary

Portugal for me

Porto to win at home vs Pacos de ferreira

Porto 3rd, Pacos 2nd bottom.

And Bassong to score anytime for the NCFC bet

Good luck everyone

Spain for me this week please and I''ll go with a Valencia home win please. The verh best of luck to Yankee and all this weeks pup''s.

At 9/1 a Norwich home win can''t be ignored stranger things have happened...lol

As I seem to keep having freak results against me, I''ll go with a Man City win as I may as well benefit from my bad luck.

For the Norwich game, over 5.5 total match goals is 6/1

Purple, I''ll save my real whinging in case I need it once I see your exotic selection, as they often appear so mysterious to me that I wonder whether if the match you''ve chosen is being played with a round or a square ball.

Forgot Norwich bet; Hooper is due a goal sometime soon.

He''s currently 11/4 to score anytime

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Purple, I''ll save my real whinging in case I need it once I see your exotic selection, as they often appear so mysterious to me that I wonder whether if the match you''ve chosen is being played with a round or a square ball.

[/quote]Well, Yankee, I did find an absolute corker in the Antigua and Barbuda Premier Division, but sadly no odds yet. So to the Philippines.Loyola to win at home against Socceroo.Loyola, who are top, have won all five games so far, including beating the second team 4-0, and have a 19/2 goal difference.Soccero, eighth our of nine, have only picked up points (a draw and a win) against the team immediately above and below them. Against the better teams they get hammered, with two 7-1 defeats. Hence a  4/21 goal difference.The current odds - at 1/14 - reflect this, but in what looks like a thin week might be worth considering. If so, nutty will need to place the bet reasonably early , as it is a Saturday morning (UK time) game.As for the NCFC bet, I would suggest Man City to win 3-1, at around 10/1 odds.Good luck to all!

Again looking to boost the winning for the picker with my normal risk & reward strategy.

I''m staying in the premier league and I''m sure Stokes luck can''t continue at St Mary''s

Southampton V Stoke Home win

For the match bet, we normally turn one of the big teams over during a season and after last weeks disappointing result I''m going for a Home win at 9/1. OTBC

Good luck to Yankee and whoever picks the match bet.