Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Season Tickets

I renewed 2 last week but i have spoken to several people who are giving it a miss next season . Given the poor season we have had and the possibility that we may be playing in the championship next season it could be that we do not hit the 22 000 level this time around. I know there are quite a few people on the waiting list that will take up some of the slack. £499.50 is not a bad price for the premiership but it is probably quite high for the championship although i have lost touch with championship ST prices

Average lowest price for championship this season is £313.

Average high £515,

Leicester have the highest at £715 high and £350 lowest price.

So all in all probably not a bad price at Carrow Road to be fair as we are (currently) premiership.

I will renew the ones I have but only after the season (regardless of division) hopefully we will have a new manager on the way.

Im happy to spend the extra not renewing t the first deadline to make my point.

I have made a compromise for next season. I have changed from the City Stand to the N&P and saved £337. I live in London and due to stuff this season, I will only make 10 games. I don''t feel that much of the football has been great this year, but I did not want to stop my support, so that is the compromise. I was in the N&P during the Division 1 Season, and I think the price was around £300.

I pay by instalments, gets renewed automatically , so get the best possible price.

I don''t need to think about it.

We are currently in the PL, hopefully we will be next season too, but makes no difference to me as far as attending games. I went when we were in L1 and I will next season whichever division we are in.

I don''t see why this season puts people off renewing.

Surely we expect ups and downs in performance.

There are fans of 70 other teams who would gladly change places.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]I will renew the ones I have but only after the season (regardless of division) hopefully we will have a new manager on the way.

Im happy to spend the extra not renewing t the first deadline to make my point.[/quote]

Isnt that a bit pointless, it costs you, not the club.

Everyone is entitled to do what they want for their own reasons, but a season ticket is still good value at £515 which is £27 roughly a match.  Its worth getting one even if you are a casual and can make ten or eleven games a season.   I can''t understand anyone giving up their season ticket for football reasons, unless they are just dis-illusioned with football generally, as things are always changing for better or worse, you never know what may happen the following season, let alone the following week.

[quote user="lake district canary"]  Its worth getting one even if you are a casual and can make ten or eleven games a season. 

[/quote]

So i take it you have a season ticket Lakey ? [;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Its worth getting one even if you are a casual and can make ten or eleven games a season.[/quote]Thereby depriving a ticket to someone on the waiting list who would like to see every game.Or...Depriving the club of income as said ticket will probably used by friends as opposed to being resold at casual prices.Or...Worse still, the seat being empty half the time so no-one can use it to see the team they love.So selfish. [:@]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]I will renew the ones I have but only after the season (regardless of division) hopefully we will have a new manager on the way.

Im happy to spend the extra not renewing t the first deadline to make my point.[/quote]

Are you also goingt to sthkweam and sthkweam and stamp your little feet if the board don''t let you have your way?

85 quid to make a point that doesn''t matter to the people you are making it to? I don''t think so! Somehow I don''t believe you. But if you are serious I hope he doesn''t go so that you don''t renew and someone else gets your ticket...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Its worth getting one even if you are a casual and can make ten or eleven games a season.[/quote]Thereby depriving a ticket to someone on the waiting list who would like to see every game.Or...Depriving the club of income as said ticket will probably used by friends as opposed to being resold at casual prices.Or...Worse still, the seat being empty half the time so no-one can use it to see the team they love.So selfish. [:@][/quote]Its the real world and if the economy of scale means its better to get a season ticket, even if you are going to miss a few games, then so be it.Anyway, not all "local" season ticket holders can truthfully say they go to every single game..........

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]  Its worth getting one even if you are a casual and can make ten or eleven games a season. [/quote]

[/quote]

No, but if I could make at least ten home games a season, I would put my name on the list.   Mind you there''s something to be said for getting casual tickets. It means you don''t have to sit near the same people each week.  It must be awful if you have to sit near some opinionated serial complainer   such as Le Juge  (did I actually write that out loud?) every week............  

I had a season ticket when I was spending 50% of my time in Southampton and only managed to get to just over half the games, but even in league one it was a difficult to get extra tickets.

Don''t believe me Nutty ?? If I choose to make a stand and prove a point however futile and pay £100 for the privilege who are you to disbelieve me ?

After all the club will get the extra money wont they ? I wasted a few thousand pounds on shares that are just a worthless piece of paper what''s the difference ?

The difference is that in this case you are using your season ticket as some kind of weapon against the club in a very spoilt bratish kind of way...

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]  Its worth getting one even if you are a casual and can make ten or eleven games a season. [/quote]

[/quote]

No, but if I could make at least ten home games a season, I would put my name on the list.   Mind you there''s something to be said for getting casual tickets. It means you don''t have to sit near the same people each week.  It must be awful if you have to sit near some opinionated serial complainer   such as Le Juge  (did I actually write that out loud?) every week............  

[/quote]Depends if you sit with decent people. I''m lucky enough to do so and it''s a '' kids-free zone '' into the bargain.Win-win....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]  Its worth getting one even if you are a casual and can make ten or eleven games a season. [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Depends if you sit with decent people. I''m lucky enough to do so and it''s a '' kids-free zone '' into the bargain.Win-win....[/quote]

Are you referring to the time you sat with me[:^)] [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]  Its worth getting one even if you are a casual and can make ten or eleven games a season. [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Depends if you sit with decent people. I''m lucky enough to do so and it''s a '' kids-free zone '' into the bargain.Win-win....[/quote]

Are you referring to the time you sat with me[:^)] [:D]

[/quote]No, I was in the '' big kids zone '' that day..........[:D]