Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Goal scoring ex-players

HoltWilbrahamChris MartinLeon BarnettKKLansburyVaughanCody MacCuretonCroftsChris BrownRyan JarvisAlan GowAll still plying their trade and scoring  (except Wilbo and Holt - who is saving them up for a certain game).  There are probably others. Not sure what point I''m making, except it makes looking down the leagues more interesting to see who is doing what.    I think the bottom line is that none of them would fit into our squad and if we did want to replace any of our squad, we wouldn''t be going back for any of these, heroes though some of them were. Maybe Lansbury, but apart from that.........

[quote user="lake district canary"]HoltWilbrahamChris MartinLeon BarnettKKLansburyVaughanCody MacCuretonCroftsChris BrownRyan JarvisAlan GowAll still plying their trade and scoring  (except Wilbo and Holt - who is saving them up for a certain game).  There are probably others. Not sure what point I''m making, except it makes looking down the leagues more interesting to see who is doing what.    I think the bottom line is that none of them would fit into our squad and if we did want to replace any of our squad, we wouldn''t be going back for any of these, heroes though some of them were. Maybe Lansbury, but apart from that.........

[/quote]

I''d take Barnett back as cover, KK back in place of Becchio who doesnt get a look in anyway. Other than that, not really many.

It''s a shame Vaughan didn''t work out. I think he has such a great all round game and i''m just happy for him he''s managed a sustained run of fitness for once. He has international potential if he can lose the injuries.

I''d probably take Holt back too but again as back up.

Barnett just not up to the Prem in the end, a good Champ CB.  We are a bit tight with Turner/RBenno out but I''d still rather have R Martin as cover at CB.  Or Ward back, come to that.

I''d rather have KK than Elmander TBH, never mind Becchio.  Both KK and Elmander are tall, strong guys but the difference is that KK makes things happen on the pitch.  Elmander presumably used to but there''s not been any sign of it since he''s been with us.  I think if Becchio got a regular run in the team he would get goals, but he''s stuck at 4th in the pecking order.

Lansbury has apparently been coming on really well with Forest.  Not sure he''d have had the chance to do that in a Prem team.  I would like him back but even under Lambert he was never a regular starter so maybe that''s the answer.

No Elmander = no goals for hooper it seems?

I would always have kept KK over becchio,   but in all honesty bar him none of them incl lansbury are better than our current squad

Not really sure what the point in this thread is, especially as Holt hasn''t scored since August and Kei Kamara has been injured for two months.

But you missed one..... Dani Pacheco. Playing second tier in Spain. Scored 11 in 19 on loan second half of last season and has 6 in 10 for his new club.

17 in 29 is pretty prolific, expect him to end up in La Liga.

"No Elmander = no goals for hooper it seems?"

The answer is Hoolahan, can''t you remember his Hooper assist? Also set up two Hooper goals in pre-season.

The key to Hooper goals is for Hoolahan to become our Kris Commons. Everybody can see it apart from Hughton.

I know that scoring against 1p5wich helps, but Pacheco always looked like he had loads of talent & potential when he was here, and clearly had a lot of affection for the club which shouldn''t be discounted.  Puzzled why there was never any interest in getting him permanently.

[quote user="lake district canary"]HoltWilbrahamChris MartinLeon BarnettKKLansburyVaughanCody MacCuretonCroftsChris BrownRyan JarvisAlan GowAll still plying their trade and scoring  (except Wilbo and Holt - who is saving them up for a certain game).  There are probably others. Not sure what point I''m making, except it makes looking down the leagues more interesting to see who is doing what.    I think the bottom line is that none of them would fit into our squad and if we did want to replace any of our squad, we wouldn''t be going back for any of these, heroes though some of them were. Maybe Lansbury, but apart from that.........

[/quote]I reckon if Vaughan actually wanted to play for us he''d have had his uses. Certainly above that of Becchio anyway.