Sign in to follow this  
basil brush

Archant's pundits stance

While every newspaper/online paper wants to keep on good terms with their local football club, it is pretty clear that reading in-between the lines, Hughton has little to no support from any of the pundits.

If Hughton remains and results still don''t go our way, will the pundits such as Bailey, Davitt etc categorically state that Hughton should be gone?

I''m not suggesting that they aren''t given total freedom to express their opinions, but keeping good relations with the club sometimes can mean that views are sometimes compromised...

[quote user="basil brush"]While every newspaper/online paper wants to keep on good terms with their local football club, it is pretty clear that reading in-between the lines, Hughton has little to no support from any of the pundits.

If Hughton remains and results still don''t go our way, will the pundits such as Bailey, Davitt etc categorically state that Hughton should be gone?

I''m not suggesting that they aren''t given total freedom to express their opinions, but keeping good relations with the club sometimes can mean that views are sometimes compromised...[/quote]I don''t think it is even between the lines. Some Archant columnists have grown more opinionated (in a good way) this season. The problem with calling for a manager to be sacked (apart from having to deal with them and the directors if they are not) is that you really have to explain how change would be likely to be better. The inevitable question would be, who do you advocate as the successor?

The manager has the support of Mick Dennis but then again I don''t suppose for one minute that our local rag journos frequent the boardroom. [:P]

My brother is one of the Archant columnists. He is also a season ticket holder and admits its not looking good, but, like all of us, hoping for the best!

I really don''t think the likes of Bsiley, Davitt and Sainty are football journalists at all, their strings are controlled from higher echelons, much higher. If they were allowed to report with freedom, it would be a far different take!