Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Manager lost us the game

Shambolic substitutions lost us the game tonight . Why take off the best two players on the field , lets face it if he stays we have had it , if he goes its possibly too late, see you at the local derby next season

Did Ruddy''s failure to get anything on the free kick have anything to do with it?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Did Ruddy''s failure to get anything on the free kick have anything to do with it?[/quote]
This ^^
Plus our total ineptness at scoring goals

The players were just as bad, if we''d have scored the 3 or 4 goals we should have from the chances we made tonight, Ruddy''s mistake would have been a minor blip.

Actually it was the failure to score from several acceptable chances that lost us the game.Coupled with a poor decision by Ruddy that gifted them a goal.

[quote user="Sooty57"]Shambolic substitutions did not cost us the game. Crap finishing did.[/quote]
Really? Hughton invited pressure onto us by going the draw. The blame is solely on him. We were on top and he offered them the game on a plate.

Manager not at fault today, If we cant score at least one of three point blank one-on-one''s we deserve to go down.

That said, I didn''t get why Redmond came off instead of Snoddy.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Sooty57"]Shambolic substitutions did not cost us the game. Crap finishing did.[/quote]
Really? Hughton invited pressure onto us by going the draw. The blame is solely on him. We were on top and he offered them the game on a plate.
[/quote]

So what you really mean is Houghton cost us the draw

We should have been coasting by the time their goal came. I am not blaming Ruddy for that one. You have seen who I blame. Add Hooper to that list too. A completely unacceptable night in front of goal from him.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]Manager not at fault today, If we cant score at least one of three point blank one-on-one''s we deserve to go down.

That said, I didn''t get why Redmond came off instead of Snoddy.[/quote]

Bringing on a non scoring centre forward in Elmander as a lone striker was hardly inspired, either.

From the BBC website this stat, if Hughton stays we are going down

"It''s about time a Chris Hughton sub did something - of more than 60 Norwich changes this season, nobody has scored or contributed an assist."

[quote user="Sooty57"]Shambolic substitutions did not cost us the game. Crap finishing did.[/quote]What a load of bollocks! Hughton has created a team that dont believe they can score goals, he bought them (Including Elwankder)The decline under the clueless one is there for all to see. What have we to lose. We get worse week in week out under this complete twat!The substitutions today were laughable!

He took the point before it was there to take and he handed the impetus to West Ham and they took advantage of it. We were very unlikely to lose that game if those subs were not made. West Ham didn''t seriously threaten until those subs. Yes we had chances that should have been taken but you don''t lose these games, and Hughtons subs lost it.

[quote user="ricardo"]Actually it was the failure to score from several acceptable chances that lost us the game.Coupled with a poor decision by Ruddy that gifted them a goal.[/quote]In isolation, possibly. But when you have a manager whose outlook is primarily cautious/defensive then it places a great deal of reliance on such chances that come along being taken and in defensive mistakes not being made. Yet we are conceding as many goals per game as last season and scoring significantly fewer.

Have to agree with the OP, taking Redmond off was an astonishing decision, he was causing West Ham huge problems at the back and was actually putting in better final balls than he has been so far this season. Amazing! Very very poor decision and CH must be asked to explain!

It was a combination of s**t finishing AND s**t substitutions....

I have no problem with the Hooper sub; but why the f**k would you bring Elmander on? Zero EPL goals this season...sure RWV has only got one but surely he was the only choice. As for the Redmond sub...that is the one that really pi$$ed me off - the most threatening player on the pitch IMO; I was celebrating when I saw Pilks coming on cos I assumed snodgrass was off...absolutely disgraceful decision.

I''m not one to demand the manager is sacked....I am so ANGRY about this defeat...

Canarygirl wrote the following post at 11/02/2014 9:58 PM:

Have to agree with the OP, taking Redmond off was an astonishing decision, he was causing West Ham huge problems at the back and was actually putting in better final balls than he has been so far this season. Amazing! Very very poor decision and CH must be asked to explain!

BBC Norfolk completely bottled the interview with Hughton, why did you take off redmond when he was playing so well, had to ask!