Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Good enough, but not good enough

Good team set up excellent teamwork for most of the matchGood chances - strikers should have scored and won the matchPoor substitutions handed initiative to West HamI won''t shout for Hughton''s head, but that is my view of it. 

Agree with all of that apart from the end. Hughton should now lose his job. He handed a direct rival 3 vital points.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Good team set up excellent teamwork for most of the matchGood chances - strikers should have scored and won the matchPoor substitutions handed initiative to West HamI won''t shout for Hughton''s head, but that is my view of it. 

[/quote]But the true question is will we see you with a season ticket if we are in the championship?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Good team set up excellent teamwork for most of the matchGood chances - strikers should have scored and won the matchPoor substitutions handed initiative to West HamI won''t shout for Hughton''s head, but that is my view of it. 

[/quote]
Be brave and say, ''Hughton twatted it up again''.

The storm is coming, they say when the storm breaks, some will be adorn with terror, others will rise on the wings of eagles. Hughton will be gone by the dawn. When the sun rises the man will fall greater than he has ever fallen before, into the welcoming cold loving embrace of fate and flames.

Before the match you said that the failure of our substitutes to score goals is "irrelevant".

What is your view now?

Norwich don''t really have a clinical finisher. So often they''ve had loads of chances but they''re either blocked to wide.RVW is a massive dissapointment, he really should be putting half-chances away.Two goals in the last six games. How can you NOT get relegated with that strike rate?

"But the true question is will we see you with a season ticket if we are in the championship?"

With no rebate on offer this season we will be paying top 6 Premier League prices for Championship football, and maybe there will be a lot of people who won''t tolerate that.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Before the match you said that the failure of our substitutes to score goals is "irrelevant".

What is your view now?[/quote]

Take things out of context again if you like, but every match is different - we should have scored three or four before any substitutions were made.  Its not just about substitutes - its about the whole match. 

You''re turning LDC!!

Just how many more times can we say we should have won?? Should have won gets us nowhere except relegation!!

Even when things seem to be going well we just can''t translate this into wins. We need someone at the helm who can.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Le Juge"]Before the match you said that the failure of our substitutes to score goals is "irrelevant".

Take things out of context again if you like, but every match is different - we should have scored three or four before any substitutions were made.  Its not just about substitutes - its about the whole match.  [/quote]Very true but you''ve got to agree that the substitutions, particularly Redmond''s was p*ss poor.Once he went off ant chance we had of winning this went with him

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Le Juge"]Before the match you said that the failure of our substitutes to score goals is "irrelevant".

Take things out of context again if you like, but every match is different - we should have scored three or four before any substitutions were made.  Its not just about substitutes - its about the whole match. 

[/quote]

Do you not realise that you are constantly making up excuses to defend him. It is no coincidence we''ve lost to a relegation rival again.

I feel like I''ve been kicked in the proverbials after having lost that. I can''t fault the application and desire of our team tonight. The lads really worked hard, dominated for periods and showed some quality. But why oh why can''t we take the guilt edged chances that came our way? We should have won that game. But it all turned IMO when the manager made his replacements. I couldn''t work out why Redmond was being subbed. Pilks added nothing when he came on as Redmond was tearing his opposite player to shreds, giving us a great outlet and making chances. We threw the game away. Feeling sick because the trap door is starting to creak under our weight. Can''t stomach the idea of falling back into the mire of the Championship with the likes of Ipswich.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Le Juge"]Before the match you said that the failure of our substitutes to score goals is "irrelevant".

What is your view now?[/quote]Take things out of context again if you like, but every match is different - we should have scored three or four before any substitutions were made.  Its not just about substitutes - its about the whole match.  [/quote]Very true but you''ve got to agree that the substitutions, particularly Redmond''s was p*ss poor.Once he went off ant chance we had of winning this went with him [/quote]Yeah. Its what I said in the op really, Hughton got everything going well tonight but the subs were hard to justify.  It took away the initiative. But we should have been winning by that point.

[/quote]

Sorry LDC, just sick of reading your pro Hughton s@@@. We have to live in this city and put up with all embarrassment he is causing us. He needs to go to give this club any chance of survival

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="lake district canary"]Good team set up excellent teamwork for most of the matchGood chances - strikers should have scored and won the matchPoor substitutions handed initiative to West HamI won''t shout for Hughton''s head, but that is my view of it. 

[/quote]

Sorry LDC, just sick of reading your pro Hughton s@@@. We have to live in this city and put up with all embarrassment he is causing us. He needs to go to give this club any chance of survival[/quote]

Errrr....if you read it again, I think you''ll find I just criticised Hughton. 

[/quote]You have been blind to the decline coming for the past year and a half, so who really cares about you opinion. Where is that 10th place now?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Le Juge"]Before the match you said that the failure of our substitutes to score goals is "irrelevant".

What is your view now?[/quote]Take things out of context again if you like, but every match is different - we should have scored three or four before any substitutions were made.  Its not just about substitutes - its about the whole match.  [/quote]Very true but you''ve got to agree that the substitutions, particularly Redmond''s was p*ss poor.Once he went off ant chance we had of winning this went with him [/quote]Yeah. Its what I said in the op really, Hughton got everything going well tonight but the subs were hard to justify.  It took away the initiative. But we should have been winning by that point.

[/quote]

"Should have" doesn''t do anything apart from get us relegated. We don''t need a should have man we need a "did" man!

[quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Le Juge"]Before the match you said that the failure of our substitutes to score goals is "irrelevant".

What is your view now?[/quote]Take things out of context again if you like, but every match is different - we should have scored three or four before any substitutions were made.  Its not just about substitutes - its about the whole match.  [/quote]You have been blind to the decline coming for the past year and a half, so who really cares about you opinion. Where is that 10th place now?[/quote]Couldn''t really careless what you think of my opinions. Oh - and tenth place still only three points away.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Le Juge"]Before the match you said that the failure of our substitutes to score goals is "irrelevant".

What is your view now?[/quote]Take things out of context again if you like, but every match is different - we should have scored three or four before any substitutions were made.  Its not just about substitutes - its about the whole match.  [/quote]You have been blind to the decline coming for the past year and a half, so who really cares about you opinion. Where is that 10th place now?[/quote]Couldn''t really careless what you think of my opinions. Oh - and tenth place still only three points away.

[/quote]

I think even you know now he has to go

[/quote]

Chris Hughton yet again cost us this game.

It''s a travesty he''s still in his job. It''s a travesty that so many fans on here continue to overlook that he is the bottom line of why we will be relegated.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Good team set up excellent teamwork for most of the match
Good chances - strikers should have scored and won the match
Poor substitutions handed initiative to West Ham

I won''t shout for Hughton''s head, but that is my view of it. 

[/quote]

If the fence you sit on, was made from razor blades......you would be split from knackers to nostrils....

yes every match is different!! In tonights match Hughtons fault was his bad decisions regard to his substitutions. Other games it has been Hughtons fault with his team selection. Other games its been Hughtons fault with his tactics!

What is the common denominator here!! Nice bloke or not I can not see how people can still defend him. Enough is Enough!

The army generals had better tactical awareness at Gallipoli. He lost us that game. Change a team that played brilliantly against Man City. Bring back his favourite for no reason. Negative subs instead of going for the win. Shithouse managing again.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Le Juge"]Before the match you said that the failure of our substitutes to score goals is "irrelevant".

What is your view now?[/quote]Take things out of context again if you like, but every match is different - we should have scored three or four before any substitutions were made.  Its not just about substitutes - its about the whole match.  [/quote]Very true but you''ve got to agree that the substitutions, particularly Redmond''s was p*ss poor.Once he went off ant chance we had of winning this went with him [/quote]Yeah. Its what I said in the op really, Hughton got everything going well tonight but the subs were hard to justify.  It took away the initiative. But we should have been winning by that point.[/quote]Yes, we should have been winning by that point but we weren''t so why take away our main threat ? As you rightly say the subs took away the initiative.West Ham were poor and  we were very much in the game at all stages so why be so timid and try and settle for just the one point ? It just doesn''t make sense at all.....