Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

This could be the most depressing relegation in the last 20 years

Other relegation''s hurtful though they were from various divisions were nothing compared to what looks to be on the cards this season. Most of the other relegations i can recall we had poor sides but this time there should have been no excuses , we have a reasonably decent squad, certainly lower mid table but a totally inept, unadventurous clown at the helm who should have been removed weeks ago and now it is probably too late

I don''t think it will beat that one to League 1.

Let me remind you...

Roeder, Gunn brought in to try and save us, Sibierski, sending Cureton on loan to our relegation rivals, Koroma, Archibald-Henville, Omosnuzi, Otsemobor, the list goes on and on!

That relegation still sends shivers down my spine

I still don''t balme Gunn. What an effing awful legacy he inherited. At least we can thank him for Holt.

Come on, there are still twelve 0-0 draw opportunities remaining.  Enjoy it while it lasts!

Nah... it will be just about the same level of depressing. When the dust settles and if we appoint someone like Mackay we''ll have a reasonable chance of promotion in the next few years.

Look, we are not relegated yet.  We have done everything right in the last three games except score. Performances are up there with the best we have seen from a Hughton side.  The only thing that is missing is the confidence/luck in front of goal.  

That is nonsense. I know we have passed the ball well and created chances in the last few games but that does not make the performance good. Missing so many chances and not scoring is performing badly. We deserved to lose tonight and we deserve to be where we are in the league.

[quote user="Snoots"]I still don''t balme Gunn. What an effing awful legacy he inherited. At least we can thank him for Holt.[/quote]

I didn''t mean to blame him. It was just sad how he was handed the sinking ship, like Shearer at Newcastle. Yes, the memory from Gunns managerial career i''ll remmeber most is signing Holt.

No we haven''t done everything right, the whole idea of playing football is to score goals and win games.

It''s supposed to be entertainment business not a boring escapade of midfield head tennis.

Hughton''s style of play is drab at best and his team lacks charisma and excitement and will result in more fans losing interest.

So yes it''s likely to be a depressing season regardless of whether we survive or not.

I was just asaying to a bunch of friends... I''m not even angry anymore, I just feel sad. Sad that it''s gone this far and we coudl have got rid of Hughton before xmas. We have shown zero  commitment to trying to avoid relegation. Like someone said earlier... we''ve been relegated with shitty squads before but we have some class players.... Hughtons bollocks tactics, poor man management and a good helping of McNally being a cop out mean we are doomed to relegation. Im never this defeatist but im deffo there now.

In many ways LDC, that''s why it''s even more worrying. We''re stuck with this squad now. No January transfer window to look forward to. As you say, we haven''t been playing TOO badly recently, we''ve certainly had chances to score, but haven''t.

If we were simply playing poorly and not creating any chances, then you could hope that a new manager would come in and inject some life into us, create more chances, score more goals. Unfortunately though, we''re seeing at the moment that even when we get very good chances and don''t play TOO badly we still can''t score. So even if a new manager comes in and changes our style so we create more chances, what is there to suggest we''d score any of them anyway?

[quote user="Snoots"]I still don''t balme Gunn. What an effing awful legacy he inherited. At least we can thank him for Holt.[/quote] Gunn was to blame for the whole wrong culture at the club, ever heard about Gazza managing Kettering. Gunn in charge of city was the same on a slightly lower scale and less paparazzi.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Look, we are not relegated yet.  We have done everything right in the last three games except score. Performances are up there with the best we have seen from a Hughton side.  The only thing that is missing is the confidence/luck in front of goal.  

[/quote]

It''s a bit like saying that we keep losing cricket matches by 10 wickets despite bowling really really well. The only thing missing was we just couldn''t take a wicket.

Great analogy danielsroundabout

This "but we''re playing well" and "we''re creating lots of chances" stuff is getting very boring and really starting to p*ss me off!