Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Hughton - Re-Writing Canary history?

The goal ratios so far of van Wolfswinkel and Elmander is bordering on the ridiculous.

Popular conception had it that we paid a years loan fee to Galatasaray of around £1.5, with a £27k per week wage.

RVW was an £8.5m outright purchase. I have no steer on his weeky wage but would guess as a minimum we would be talking between £25k and £30k. For the purpose of this, I''ll err on the conservative side of those figures.

That''s £2.7m in wages ALONE for this season. Discounting £10m in transfer and loan fees even. And what it to show for that? ONE SOLITARY GOAL.Z

Clearly this will be the key area and reason why Hughton will fall on his sword. Good enough or not, the manager simply has not been able to gel his star striker purchases into scoring goals. Could be the team or the individuals - probably a bit of both - but the bottom line is simple.

But what I do know is that the stock of both Robert Rosario and Dean Coney has grown ever so slightly in recent months. Oh how weve mocked their ''low'' scoring ratios for NCFC.

Ratios for which Mr Hughton could only dream of for his expensive imports right now.

I hazard a guess that RVW will be on a lot more than £25k to £30k considering our average wage is £23k,

Probably more like £40k to £50k, the striker premium.

10% signing on fees to consider too.