Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Snoddy's back then..

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 11/02/2014 7:17 PM:

I don''t get this. Pilks started on the right on Saturday and they changed wings throughout. So much so that Ruddy was never sure where Pilks would be when he took goal kicks. Did those who think differently actually watch the game?

Snoddy had a great game at Cardiff. Pilks didn''t deserve to be dropped after Saturday. I''m glad I don''t have to make the decision but I''m equally happy with either of them.

Nutty ...... Yes they changed wings a few times, and I hope that happens tonight, although I have my doubts, but Redmond looked far, far better on the right.

Yes, as you said, Snoddy had a great game at Cardiff ......... but that was Cardiff. On Saturday it was Manchester City!

The team looked balanced, it looked dangerous on the break and they all worked for each other.

I hope I can say the same after this match.

I cannot believe that Snodgrass continues to get criticised the way he is. He is clearly one of most creative players and we are a better side for having him in.I suspect a lot of it is to do with outdated views of football - e.g. "a right winger" plus the fact that he takes most of the set pieces and is therefore vulnerable to be criticised when he makes a mistake. If I had the time, I would go through all of our goals and count how many times he was involved in the build up. (Actually thinking about it, it wouldn''t take that long!)I really don''t think a lot of his critics understand his role (but then again, recognise that they would probably think the same of me). For me, Snoddy is a class act and I''m always glad to see him in the team.

[quote user="city4eva"]should have been the same starting 11 as saturday IMO, but we all know that Snoddy is first on the team sheet when fit.

Hope I am wrong and we have a comfortable win with Snoddy scoring, if not it could be another stick to beat Hughton with[/quote]Why just why did he start and a bigger WHY was he allowed 90 minutes and Redmond wasntHughton out