Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Snoddy's back then..

Not with me Nutty,

Nothing against Snoddy and am assuming he will be on the right and Redmond on the left, there lies the problem IMO, I hope they prove me wrong.

Vanwing,

Why tougher for him than any of the others? Please enlighten me.

[quote user="Ray"]Not with me Nutty,

Nothing against Snoddy and am assuming he will be on the right and Redmond on the left, there lies the problem IMO, I hope they prove me wrong.[/quote]

Pilks started on the right on Saturday and they swapped over quite a few times. I expect the same tonight.

But Yobo hasn''t played a competitive match for a while, but he''s still in.

Not sure I agree this is a reason to leave him out and swap Redmond back to the left, if indeed this is what we will see?

FFS. I really dislike Snodgrass. Don''t often dislike our players but I think Snodgrass p***es me off more than Fotheringham.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Because he is coming back after a long injury.[/quote]

True, but we don''t yet know that that is Hughton''s reason or part of his reason for dropping Pilks to the bench.

Yes he did score and imo to justify the change, he needs to score again and I sincerely hope he does.

Would have liked to see the same team as Saturday to be honest with Snoddy on the bench and Pilks coming off at halftime time if needed. We did so well I just hope our play won''t slow down because of it. It''s slightly concerning that Snodgrass seems to be an automatic start at the moment no matter how the team had performed. I just hope Redmond is as effective on the left!!

I love Snoddy as a player but just not for us! He doesn''t suit us at all and is detrimental to our attacking play. FFS Hughton!

I refuse to criticize the player and he shouldn''t be made a scapegoat, this is the managers fault, not happy!

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 11/02/2014 7:03 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Because he is coming back after a long injury.

True, but we don''t yet know that that is Hughton''s reason or part of his reason for dropping Pilks to the bench.

No that''s just a guess, the truth is probably that CH just prefers Snoddy!

Snodgrass in decent form before he missed the Citeh match and for me it makes sense bringing him in and for Pilkington, overall he is more of a threat right now.

I really should reserve judgement until the game is over but what is CH doing putting Snodgrass back into the team... does he really believe no pace up front and inverted wingers is the way to play West Ham?

I don''t get this. Pilks started on the right on Saturday and they changed wings throughout. So much so that Ruddy was never sure where Pilks would be when he took goal kicks. Did those who think differently actually watch the game?

Snoddy had a great game at Cardiff. Pilks didn''t deserve to be dropped after Saturday. I''m glad I don''t have to make the decision but I''m equally happy with either of them.

[quote user="GJP"]I''d be pretty unhappy with that if I was Pilks.[/quote]

Pilks will understand.  Chances are that Snodgrass will start and Pilks will come on at some stage.   Best of both worlds as it makes use of both of them at a time when they are both maybe not fully matchfit. 

The biggest problem with Snodgrass replacing Pilkington is when the opposition have the ball. Our shape was very disciplined on Saturday and from there we were able to condense space, win the ball and spring the occasional counter. Pilkington kept Zabaletta quiet as he tracked back, something which Snodgrass regularly fails to do, the consequence of which is that someone then needs to ''break ranks'' to cover, leaving a gap. Also Pilkington is genuinely two-footed and this gives defenders additional problems when facing him up. I don''t agree that the change is an inability to play twice in four days following injury lay-off, isn''t Snodgrass coming back from a knock? Yobo hasn''t played much recently either. I think we just has to accept that Hughton has his favourites. I have a sneaky feeling we''ll get a result tonight though.

sooooooooo after the first game in a long time where the team looked balanced (and against a team that have been scoring for fun all season) clueless chris decides to being back the slow left footed right winger and unbalance the team againpretty sure we will all be screaming hughton out again by 10''oclock

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="GJP"]I''d be pretty unhappy with that if I was Pilks.[/quote]

Pilks will understand.  Chances are that Snodgrass will start and Pilks will come on at some stage.   Best of both worlds as it makes use of both of them at a time when they are both maybe not fully matchfit. 

[/quote]

He might understand but doesn''t mean he will like it.

Players like to start games.

should have been the same starting 11 as saturday IMO, but we all know that Snoddy is first on the team sheet when fit.

Hope I am wrong and we have a comfortable win with Snoddy scoring, if not it could be another stick to beat Hughton with