Sign in to follow this  
claxtonfolly

chris martin

Watching our power house Chris Martin holding his own with the best and toughest scoring goals galore and really coming of age your Van Rip Wolf is as weak as water. Would suggest we at County got the best deal by a country mile by countless millions.

....And next season when you''re still in The Championship, I''m sure he''ll get the little Rams some more goals to make them think they''re better than they are!

Sounds like somebody needs a reminder of just how huge the gap between the Championship and Premier League is.

They shouldn''t mind you, not after their attempt in 2007-08 where they achieved the envious record lowest points total in Premier League history (8 points).

Earnie did well for you that year after "scoring goals galore" for us.

Tinpot.

I think I just heard something echoing from the void below... Maybe not, probably the ringing in my ears from all the noise from playing Man city at home at the weekend.

I just watched the derby v qpr game & was going to post about how well chrissy played 2nite.

Shame a sheep sh***er beat me to the punch....that said it was good to see martin playing well...seems to have finally got his head screwed on and is making the most of his undeniable talent.

keep it up Chris and u might get a move back to norwich...a big club :-D

So basically we have a Derby fan coming on here to tell us that Chris Martin is doing alright in the Championship.

Seeing as he played 30 games in our promotion season where we finished 2nd in that league, coming on here to tell us that Martin is alright in the Championship is a great example of STATING THE FRIGGING OBVIOUS.

It is the suggestion that we in some way miss him which borders on the absurd. Our 4th choice striker scored 19 goals in a half a season in the Championship.

Chris Martin has never been and will never be Premiership class, and the main reason why is obvious as soon as he is pitched against Premier League defenders..... he doesn''t have the pace.

Derby got a £1m player for free. That''s a big deal for them, congrats. Releasing a £1m player isn''t really a big deal for us though is it, seeing as our revenue will be 100 times that this season.

Cheerio tinpot!

[quote user="Le Juge"]Sounds like somebody needs a reminder of just how huge the gap between the Championship and Premier League is.

They shouldn''t mind you, not after their attempt in 2007-08 where they achieved the envious record lowest points total in Premier League history (8 points)[/quote]

It was 11 points bro.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%9308_Premier_League#League_table

You never know you might reach the 3rd round of the League Cup next season.

See you in the League Cup.

"claxtonfolly"

Have bin down this track before but as Vera Lynn used to sing . We will meet again don''t were don''t know when.

I think the lovely Dame Vera used to sing in English.

I''ll say this..whether you lot like it or not......I''d still back Super Chrissy to do better at City than Salamander, Heckiho or Wolfiewotawasteofdosh any day.

Oh come on. Martin needed the move and we needed strikers ready for premiership football. It''s clear he wasn''t getting the games needed at us to improve and from the ones he did play, it was clear we''d outgrown him. It is up for debate if our strikers can cut it, but Martin would not have been the solution.

I guess it''s a bit like Everton must think about Ruddy or Chelsea with Matic.

They got rid because they couldn''t provide the platform for obviously talented players to perform on as they hadn''t hit their peaks yet.

Perhaps Martin will be able to step it up a level, perhaps not, but he needed a move to the championship to give him the platform needed to develop.

Perhaps we might have a buy back clause on him or a resell fee. Doubtful about the buy back, but look at Pique, Fabregas, Matic etc.

Good to see him doing well anyway, all it takes is a little confidence sometimes for strikers. Hopefully RVW can find that tonight. Look at Jackson in our promotion season, 4 goals in like 35 or so games then like 12 in 9 or whatever ridiculous record he had at the end. When I saw us lose that year at Burnley away (Holty''s magnificent acrobatic volley, Jay Rodriguez winner) Jackson looked like a lost little boy, not enough strength, willing to put the effort in but getting nowhere I thought that day what a dud we''d signed! A cheap Leon McKenzie/ Earnshaw, but he had a wave of form and something clicked. There''s still time yet for Ricky even if it is admittedly running out.

Have to admit i''m enjoying watching Cody''s blossoming partnership with Akinfenwa at Gillingham, my mate supports them and so we always have a lot to talk about (Jackson, Cody, Crofts etc)

Imagine Chrissy ''Pubwatch'' Martin playing just behing a front two of Cody Mac and Vaughan. We''d be top half easily.

*yawns*

Yes, CM had a full season for us in L1 when he did very well, a season in the Champ when he did pretty well, and then under Paul Lambert he started our first 5 games in the Prem where he looked out of his class.  PL is very good at taking on younger players from the lower leagues but if they can''t hack it, they only get so much of a chance.  Once PL had dropped him, that was it, he was farmed out on loan where he didn''t do too well lower down and there was no way back.

Glad he''s doing well in the Champ again but we''ve seen plenty of him and if Derby are promoted to the PL, I would be seriously surprised if he does well at the higher level.

>Watching our power house Chris Martin holding his own with the best and toughest

Ha ha. The day QPR and Joey Barton are considered the best and toughest is the day I give up watching football. Enjoy your Championship Gold OP!

[quote user="Wiz"]I''ll say this..whether you lot like it or not......I''d still back Super Chrissy to do better at City than Salamander, Heckiho or Wolfiewotawasteofdosh any day.[/quote]

Well the bets null and void, because he''s already been at City in the Premiership, and didn''t do any better than the strikers you have alluded to, on any day that he did play for us.

FIN.

Hammered I see who will holt your decline (halt), I have just bin looking at the Tuesday results. Some good teams in the championship at least they abide by the main principle of the game. Scoring goals.