Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

West Ham vs Norwich City match thread

West Ham getting on top a bit.  Big Sam tactics being deployed to the full.  Keeping the ball for a spell would be handy right now.

Has Fer done anything yet?
He did fairly well all game against Man.C so I suppose he''s due an anonymous half. Or am i just not paying attention?

Same oud story though isn''t it, were not really a bad side at all but under CH we will allways score an appalling amount of goals, we have so little goal threat. 1 against Cardiff, 0 Against Newcastle and Man city. 1 Against Hull and 0 so far tonight again despite having chances.

Getting a bit sloppy from us, the defence is good but we need time on the ball, there needs to be some release the pressure will get through eventually.

West Ham''s approach in a nutshell:  launch it into the penalty area, appeal for a penalty.

[quote user="Norwich or die tryin"]Same oud story though isn''t it, were not really a bad side at all but under CH we will allways score an appalling amount of goals, we have so little goal threat. 1 against Cardiff, 0 Against Newcastle and Man city. 1 Against Hull and 0 so far tonight again despite having chances.[/quote]
We have a goal threat. Just looking at the goals scored is wrong.
We''ve had a heck of a lot of GOOD, very good chances. God only knows how we haven''t scored more. Most you can''t even fault the players, some sure, but mostly its been a mixture of bad luck, good saves, lucky blocks etc. Throw in some wasted chances, poor final ball etc. But based on the play i''ve seen we should have scored against Man.C, Newcastle a couple against Cardiff one or two maybe against Hull that didn''t go in through no real fault of the players and/or tactics.

[quote user="Ginja"]Good to see Micheal Oliver is still a useless tw*t[/quote]Yep. Another attention seeker.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Even as an ''outer'' if we lose this we can''t blame the manager we''ve been set up perfectly and we''re clearly very well motivated. How we''re not winning already is beyond me[/quote]

Defensively we look suspect when put under pressure.[/quote]
In what way?
In that a West Ham player falls over and appeals for a penalty? Or they have a harmless shot from 20-30 yards?

We should be 2 up, simple as.

Snoddy simply has to score, why he hesitated I have no idea but in that amount of time and space at that level, you have to beat the keeper.

The second chance was unlucky, a great last ditch tackle to stop us getting a shot away.

The third however, if Tettey and got a bit more direction on it away from the keeper it should have been in.

That said, more of the same in the second half and we have to score eventually, right?

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Even as an ''outer'' if we lose this we can''t blame the manager we''ve been set up perfectly and we''re clearly very well motivated. How we''re not winning already is beyond me[/quote]

In what way?
In that a West Ham player falls over and appeals for a penalty? Or they have a harmless shot from 20-30 yards?
[/quote]
Lincoln loves to have a dig at us regardless of the actual evidence, best to just ignore.
Most people including the commentators have been saying our defending has been good so far.

Great movement and shot on goal from Tettey.Decent half, but they need the find a finish.  You can guarantee West Ham will try and bundle it over the line from long balls for the next 45 minutes.Also, someone tell Fer the keep the ball.

Snodgrass, Hoops and Tettey all with great chances. We should have 3 goals. Great saves to stop them though..

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Even as an ''outer'' if we lose this we can''t blame the manager we''ve been set up perfectly and we''re clearly very well motivated. How we''re not winning already is beyond me[/quote]

In what way?
[/quote]
Lincoln loves to have a dig at us regardless of the actual evidence, best to just ignore.
Most people including the commentators have been saying our defending has been good so far.
[/quote]

I just don''t think we look comfortable under pressure. Bassong looks ready to make a mistake at any minute.

Better team in that half and created some good chances, unlucky not to score. About time we shed the bad luck and got the ball in the net OTBC

Personally I''m quite happy with that first half performance. West Ham have been restricted to scrambles and potshots that Ruddy has hardly had to reach for, and we''re threatening.

Need a repeat second half though.

Agreed Mason, it would have been perfect if we''d managed to score!