Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

West Ham vs Norwich City match thread

Well that was 5hit wasn''t it?

Poor finishing, individual errors, lack of leadership and motivation, poor finishing poor finishing and more poor finishing AND the worst set of substitutions I have ever seen!!

2-0.Done on the counter. But it''s all over anyway. 

"Player have to take the blame as well, can''t score can''t defend, you can sack Hughton all you want, we are going down regardless our players are just not good enough"

Who signed those players?

Who picks those players?

Who instructs those players?

Who oversees the training of those players?

Who motivates those players?

If Hooper, Elmander and Van Wolfswinkel can''t bury chances then who is to blame?

I miss Kei Kamara at the moment and that is saying something.

Doesn''t alter the fact we should have been well ahead. Can''t blame the manager when players like Hooper miss gilt-edged chances. Some posters really are mindless in blaming it all on someone who''s not on the pitch

That''s it. Relegation beckons, for sure.

All of those who are so, so keen to defend Hughton said tonight was a "must not lose" game...what do you have to say now?

We cannot score goals. There is only one outcome.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]You just know this will and 2-0 west ham. Why can''t we be more clinical![/quote]

Keep it to yourself next time eh?

[quote user="City 2nd"]Kurious Oranj wrote the following post at 2014-02-12 1:30 AM:

Problem is the setup and tactics were spot on again. We played against their hoofball admirably and should have scored at least 3.

....and then came the subs......

Read your post and tell me how you work that out. 2 0![/quote]

Work what out? We played well until Hughton took off our attacking threat (and only outlet). After that we were clinging for a draw, and failed.

So have I worked it out now?

10 wins in the last 47 league games.

Scored more than a goal in 13 / 64 league games.

Hughton should have gone as soon as it was clear that there was no improvement from last season.

We must have the most generous Board in Europe!

We need a new tact, now.

I''ve always been one for accepting Hughton staying here for the rest of the season regardless. But tonight, we were well in the ascendancy and looking more dangerous before we gave up our attacking threat and gave a poor W''Ham side three oh-so-valuable points.

Caution isn''t going to keep us up now.

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Those substitutions we''re indefensible. I feel like crying, we''re getting relegated and I''m devastated. FFS[/quote]Only an idiot would have made those subs how the game was going. Yep, you guessed it, we have an idiot

how the hell did we lose that. I could understand the elmander, but why on earth didn''t snodgrass come off instead of redmond - our best player today

Just watched the second half on a "erm,........ stream", even the commentator couldnt believe Redmond was taken off.

The commentator added that No Norwich substitute has either scored or provided an assist this season for us.... so Hughton I ask you why bother using them?

I dont see this season ending any better......

"Some posters really are mindless in blaming it all on someone who''s not on the pitch"

Oh f*ck off. Hooper miss chances but got himself into goalscoring positions.

Redmond was our main attacking threat.

The person who was not on the pitch took those two players off for Elmander who hasn''t scored all season and Pilkington who is nowhere near his best.

Pilkington for Snodgrass would have been like for like pretty much.

But if Hughton takes our two most dangerous players off at 0-0 to try and save a draw and we lose the game then yes I f*cking can blame him.

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Those substitutions we''re indefensible. I feel like crying, we''re getting relegated and I''m devastated. FFS[/quote]

They don''t give a toss though - the players or the management team, or the board. They have proved that time and time again this season.They''ll still be getting their fat wads and we''ll be driving to 5hitty Burnley!

"I could understand the elmander",

Glad you could because I couldn''t, Hooper was getting himself into goalscoring positions and Elmander doesn''t even know what a goal is.

Still a long way to go, but heads are going to go down after tonight. Looking at the table is very, very, scary. Where are the points going to come from?

Really fed up with the media going on about how many chances we create. I couldn''t care less about chances because we don''t convert any of them and we usually make at least one defensive mistake = lose.

The only chance we have to avoid relegation is if the other teams below us lose even more. Still a glimmer of hope then (shame West Brom just scored though!)