Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

West Ham vs Norwich City match thread

West Ham: Adrian, McCartney, Nolan, Tomkins, Jarvis, Taylor,

Noble, Collins, Demel, Downing, C Cole.Subs: Jaaskelainen, Reid, Armero,

Collison, Diame, Borriello, Nocerino.Norwich: Ruddy, Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson, Tettey,

Johnson, Snodgrass, Fer, Redmond, Hooper. Subs: Bunn, Whittaker, van

Wolfswinkel, Pilkington, Hoolahan, Elmander, Garrido.

am wondering if hughton knows the difference between left and right, i suspected he might be a bit thick but after an outstanding performance against man city bringing snodgrass back is pretty much confirming it

[quote user="iron_stan"]am wondering if hughton knows the difference between left and right, i suspected he might be a bit thick but after an outstanding performance against man city bringing snodgrass back is pretty much confirming it[/quote]

Bringing back Snodgrass is a sensible move.  I have been a critic of Snodgrass but can see the sense in putting him in on this occasion - and Hughton is doing something that he has been criticised for not doing - using the squad.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="iron_stan"]am wondering if hughton knows the difference between left and right, i suspected he might be a bit thick but after an outstanding performance against man city bringing snodgrass back is pretty much confirming it[/quote]

Bringing back Snodgrass is a sensible move.  I have been a critic of Snodgrass but can see the sense in putting him in on this occasion - and Hughton is doing something that he has been criticised for not doing - using the squad.

[/quote]I am agnostic on Snodgrass coming back, the ultra-cautious move would have been to drop Redmond and play Snodgrass and Pilkington, unless the latter is deemed not able to start two games in a row.

While Snodgrass may slow things down, hopefully he should help the team keep the ball a bit better than on Saturday.  We shall see.If we score first, we''re in business. 

Snodgrass is an very good player. It bemuses me that he is not appreciated for all he does. He is probably the main source of our chances.

[quote user="iron_stan"]am wondering if hughton knows the difference between left and right, i suspected he might be a bit thick but after an outstanding performance against man city bringing snodgrass back is pretty much confirming it[/quote]
Apart from Snodgrass created more against Cardiff than any other winger in any game this season. (For us of course)

Solid start (touch wood). Redmond getting some joy on the left, setting up a half-chance for Hooper.

Hooper would have scored from that header before New Year.
Ball just won''t go in for us at the moment, not even all that much poor finishing/final ball recently, plenty of good chances with bit of bad luck/good saves/blocks etc... Plus we''ve scored more disallowed goals in last 4/5 games than actual goals...

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Hoopers control and first touch are world class[/quote]
Bit of an exaggeration. For world class see Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta. Hooper isn''t anywhere near that class in terms of anything. 

Peach of a through-ball from Redmond to put Snoddy in on goal. Shame about the finish.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Hoopers control and first touch are world class[/quote]
Bit of an exaggeration. For world class see Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta. Hooper isn''t anywhere near that class in terms of anything. 
[/quote]

Just those two attributes are imo. Obviously he''s no where near those lot as a whole player. I kinda just meant his first touch, I didn''t mean ball control in general play, just how he brings the ball down and controls it are exceptional

That has to end up in the net. Chances as clear cut as that have to be converted at this stage of the season.

Quality counter attack set up from Ruddy''s kick. The finish is the only thing missing so far.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Quality counter attack set up from Ruddy''s kick. The finish is the only thing missing so far.[/quote]
To be fair, it was a great save by the keeper and an excellent last ditch tackle to deny us.

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="RollesbyCanary"]Hoopers control and first touch are world class[/quote]
[/quote]

Just those two attributes are imo. Obviously he''s no where near those lot as a whole player. I kinda just meant his first touch, I didn''t mean ball control in general play, just how he brings the ball down and controls it are exceptional[/quote]
It is very good, no doubt about that. He knows how to get hold of that first ball in particular. Maybe i''m being harsh but even calling that one attribute world class seems a tad over the top!

Should i pre-warn the Samaritans for some of you for when snodgrass scores?

Goddam I''m happy he told some of you in the snakepit to f@ck off.

Touch wood, our defending has been very solid so far, Ruddy in command in the box and the tackles are well timed.