Sign in to follow this  
skeps

merson

Does that surprise you ? Based upon all relevant factors, logic clearly suggests that we will lose. So, all neutrals whether pundits or otherwise will forecast a West Ham win. However, if we take the confidence and the self-respect we gained from the Man City game into tonight’s match against West Ham and if we can have a change of fortune and convert some of our chances then we could win.

To be fair though, how many are expecting us to win tonight? I would be happy with a point.

[quote user="Indy"]To be fair though, how many are expecting us to win tonight? I would be happy with a point.[/quote]

probably the same number who wrote us off on saturday too...

why can we draw with Man City but lose to wet sham?

We will take the game by the scruff of the neck and Fat Sam will. be out of work by this time tomorrow.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Indy"]To be fair though, how many are expecting us to win tonight? I would be happy with a point.[/quote]

probably the same number who wrote us off on saturday too...

why can we draw with Man City but lose to wet sham?

We will take the game by the scruff of the neck and Fat Sam will. be out of work by this time tomorrow.

[/quote]

The same reason we can''t beat Cardiff or Hull away! No two perfromcances are the same from Norwich. Saturday was the most heart and committed perfromance of the seaosn, the tactics were good and the players were superb.

If the same can be applied tonight I''m sure 3 points will be coming back to City, but I live in hope rather than expectation! Fingers crossed then :-)

"Why do you care what he thinks, it changes nothing."

Same with 99.5% of opinions on this board, but we can still talk about their views, and our reaction. Consider it a kind of forum, for discussion!

Also Merson unlike us is (in theory) impartial and (in theory) knows football

West Ham are about evens to win, we''re more like 3-1. Of course they are favourites. One home loss since november.

I''d say this game has 0-0 written all over it. One team can''t score, the other can only really score when their best player is there (and he isn''t).

Of course because of that, it''ll end up being like 3-2 or something!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]West Ham are about evens to win, we''re more like 3-1. Of course they are favourites. One home loss since november. I''d say this game has 0-0 written all over it. One team can''t score, the other can only really score when their best player is there (and he isn''t). Of course because of that, it''ll end up being like 3-2 or something![/quote]

Completely right - if ever a game looks like it will be 0-0, it''s tonight.  But football always springs surprises.

Looking at our recent away form , since the surprising but well-deserved win at WBA we have :

Sunderland - 0-0 ''nuff said.

Palace - 1-1 ditto

Everton - Loss - poor performance at one of the better sides.

Fulham - Loss - we always lose at Fulham

Cardiff - Loss but we all know we did better than the scoreline.

So following on from Saturday, especially if Yobo can give another solid performance at CB, this one is as solid a draw prediction as you''ll ever get. 

But now that our better lineup is back for the 451 formation, I hope we can get a win TBH.

Allardyce on SSN talked about their defensive record and how they can''t afford to play an open game against us tonight so has 0-0 written all over it.

3-2 to us then [:)]

I always feel more confident when merse and lawro both predict us to lose. its amazing how often we then go on to get something out of the game. Its when they start predicting us to win that we have a problem.

perhaps the boys can''t cope with all that pressure...

quote user="GenerationA47"

"Why do you care what he thinks, it changes nothing."

Same with 99.5% of opinions on this board, but we can still talk about their views, and our reaction. Consider it a kind of forum, for discussion!

Also Merson unlike us is (in theory) impartial and (in theory) knows football

/quote

I take the point, but would argue that essentially Merson knows less than most NCFC fans about how we play and his views are therefore largely irrelevant and based upon the fact that West Ham are at home. If you take Lawro''s predictions, for example, which I consider similarly irrelevant, he puts a huge home bias on his predictions simply because of the statistical advantage of playing at home.

I don''t think either track our performances/tactics/selections to any great degree and I don''t think what either of them think is worthy of a thread on this forum.

Yes the media punters'' knowledge does tend to be sadly lacking. Amazing really when they are paid to give opinions and they are from the industry originally, that they obviously don''t feel the need or interest to do (even inexhaustive!) research.