Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

MCNALLY OUT

Surely he should be walking. How on earth does this man collect £1m in a yeIf we get relegated he is the sole one to blame for allow CH so long in a job.

Is he really watching this all go on and still keeping faith? Has he added Mystic Meg on facebook or something and he can see the future? He certainly nneds to live for the present and recognise what a shambles this club is at the moment.

Forget "we are not in relegation zone yet", look at the fixtures remaining and tell me where the wins will come given that we have had 1 win in the past 13.

The alienation of Hoolahan is absolutely shocking.

So, you are going to ignore all the good work he has done over the past 5 years are you?

Can you remember the directionless clowns we had before McNally and Bowkett came along?

The last thing this club needs is any knee jerk reactions against people who do at least have ability..

Before McNally and Bowkett , Delia and MWJ didn''t have a clue.

When Bowkett accused them of lack of leadership and asked what their plan was MWJ admitted that they had no plan and no money.

Since then the club has changed enormously on and off the pitch.

Currently we couldn''t score in a brothel and the manager certainly makes some strange decisions , but to suggest changing the board is the answer is nonsense.

Even if you sacked the board, who is going to replace them .

The Manager can only be removed if it is a majority/unanimous decision at boardroom level to do so.

DMcN can demand his removal all he likes, he can propose successors, put an action plan into place as regards possible replacements and anything else you care to name with regard to change. But if his view isn''t supported by a majority of his colleagues, nothing will happen. It isn''t in his remit nor his right to arrive at work this morning, or any other, and decide that the Manager has to go.

I''m sure the board have discussed the managerial situation, formally and informally, this season. But, until someone proposes a change and there are more in support of same than there are in support of maintaining the status quo-there won''t be a change however much we and those on the board who agree with that view might want it.

Look to the whole board for change and direction rather than blaming one man for a perceived lack of it on his part.

How on earth is this club a shambles.

I''ll tell you what a shambles is; getting relegated to League 1 with a team full of loanees with bryan gunn as manager.

You need to be more grateful for what he has done for the club

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

The Manager can only be removed if it is a majority/unanimous decision at boardroom level to do so.

DMcN can demand his removal all he likes, he can propose successors, put an action plan into place as regards possible replacements and anything else you care to name with regard to change. But if his view isn''t supported by a majority of his colleagues, nothing will happen. It isn''t in his remit nor his right to arrive at work this morning, or any other, and decide that the Manager has to go.

I''m sure the board have discussed the managerial situation, formally and informally, this season. But, until someone proposes a change and there are more in support of same than there are in support of maintaining the status quo-there won''t be a change however much we and those on the board who agree with that view might want it.

Look to the whole board for change and direction rather than blaming one man for a perceived lack of it on his part.

[/quote]A sensible post. One point though. I don''t know whether Old Shuck is using a theoretical example or trying to suggest this may be the case, but as far as I am aware there is no evidence that McNally has been in favour of sacking Hughton but has been outvoted/outpersuaded by a majority on the board.

Morning Purple...

No, just an example of a possibility to demonstrate the point made. Have no idea (must be one of the few people in the world without an "insider" at the club privy to all of its most sensitive internal matters) of his or any other board members position on the managerial situation.

I''m sure they *have* discussed it. But the only point in my post that isn''t conjecture is that it has to be a board decision rather than McNally''s to do of his own accord.

Dreamteam--your wrong Lambert saved the club after he beat us with Colchester, so let''s be thankful it wasn''t Luton that beat us that day or god knows where we would be now!!! Lambert got us to the prem so in turn he removed the club''s debt didn''t he????? Also his thanks from McNicey for doing that was to be shafted out of his bonus!! (allegedly even tho I believe that''s common knowledge) is that the behaviour of a shrewd businessman or the behaviour of an ungrateful idiot??? Please enlighten me!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Morning Purple...

No, just an example of a possibility to demonstrate the point made. Have no idea (must be one of the few people in the world without an "insider" at the club privy to all of its most sensitive internal matters) of his or any other board members position on the managerial situation.

I''m sure they *have* discussed it. But the only point in my post that isn''t conjecture is that it has to be a board decision rather than McNally''s to do of his own accord.

[/quote]Morning Old Shuck! Good - just wanted to be sure. I have often been critical of McNally (in a balanced way) so I am vastly amused by the flak he is getting now from disenchanted True Believers.For what it is worth, and I have made this point before, I don''t blame the board for the position we are in. There was never this season (ie early enough for change to be sensible) a tipping point at which it was obviously the right thing to do to sack Hughton. And by "obviously the right thing" I mean a point at which one director could have stood up at a board meeting and put forward an unanswerable case for dismissal.As evidenced by the numerous supposedly decisive moments quoted here. Ask 20 posters for their answer and I suspect there woiuld be at least 10 different replies. Some have even said Hughton should have been sacked in summer - a truly preposterous idea bearing no relation to the real world.

McNally removed Gunn who was an emotional appointment by the previous clueless administration.

McNally was the hard nosed operator who secured Lambert from ColU.

Bowkett renegotiated the debt repayments with the banks before we got to the PL.

We were days from administration.

McNally and Bowkett turned the club from a soft touch selling club to a much more businesslike operation on and off the pitch.

I am not dismissing Lamberts role, I think he gave us 3 great seasons.

We were floundering for years before McNally and Bowkett came along.

The previous bunch wouldn''t have had the guts to get Lambert.

I understand that people want to change the manager, but to dismantle the whole board set up would be nuts.

I thought Lambert problem about the bonus was he thought he was entitled to it after buggering off and McN didnt want to pay it until compo had been agreed.

Anyway as none of us know pointless worrying about it.

Im just grateful we are still here and that is as much to do with DM as any of the coaching/Playing Staff

[quote user="dreamteam"]McNally removed Gunn who was an emotional appointment by the previous clueless administration. McNally was the hard nosed operator who secured Lambert from ColU. Bowkett renegotiated the debt repayments with the banks before we got to the PL. We were days from administration. McNally and Bowkett turned the club from a soft touch selling club to a much more businesslike operation on and off the pitch. I am not dismissing Lamberts role, I think he gave us 3 great seasons. We were floundering for years before McNally and Bowkett came along. The previous bunch wouldn''t have had the guts to get Lambert. I understand that people want to change the manager, but to dismantle the whole board set up would be nuts.[/quote]

Makes you wonder then what the ''ruthless McNally'' is doing about the current the situation, doesn''t it!?

[quote user="dreamteam"]So, you are going to ignore all the good work he has done over the past 5 years are you? Can you remember the directionless clowns we had before McNally and Bowkett came along? The last thing this club needs is any knee jerk reactions against people who do at least have ability.. Before McNally and Bowkett , Delia and MWJ didn''t have a clue. When Bowkett accused them of lack of leadership and asked what their plan was MWJ admitted that they had no plan and no money. Since then the club has changed enormously on and off the pitch. Currently we couldn''t score in a brothel and the manager certainly makes some strange decisions , but to suggest changing the board is the answer is nonsense. Even if you sacked the board, who is going to replace them .[/quote]

Who wants the whole board sacked?[:^)]

The only evidence we have to which way the board are divided is that Matt Juler reckoned MWJ told him he wanted Hughton gone at the end of last season...

It does amaze me how some people react! Why is it MacNally''s fault and why should he go?

Old shuck & Purple talk a lot of sense and I would like to point out, as much as I against Hughton style and don''t think he''s the right man, but had we won last night we could be sitting 10th or 11th, we have only been in the bottom three for 1 week this season and if us fans on here can''t agree if Hughton is actually doing that bad given the spending of the teams around us how are the board to be criticised?

I am sure they have plenty of meetings and a plan in place, the question is when to implement such big changes?

SACK MCNALLY

SACK DELIA

SACK CAPTAIN CANARY

SACK ROB BUTLER*

SACK SPORTSDESK PETE

*Disclaimer - Wouldn''t actually mind this.

[quote user="Indy"]

It does amaze me how some people react! Why is it MacNally''s fault and why should he go?

Old shuck & Purple talk a lot of sense and I would like to point out, as much as I against Hughton style and don''t think he''s the right man, but had we won last night we could be sitting 10th or 11th, we have only been in the bottom three for 1 week this season and if us fans on here can''t agree if Hughton is actually doing that bad given the spending of the teams around us how are the board to be criticised?

I am sure they have plenty of meetings and a plan in place, the question is when to implement such big changes?

[/quote]

What could the plan be with only 12 games left?  Do we wait until we are actually in the relegation zone before trying to do something - a reactionary approach?

I wonder why people are sticking up for McNally saying one person was not responisble for the decision yet when it was "chase out" it was JUST chase, and not Jones and Lockwood... who were responisble for the decisions?

the Buck ALWAYS stops at the top.. and if McNally is the main decision maker at the club then someone needs to ask him what he is doing and question his accountability.

the "Alienation" of Hoolahan is no different to not playing Fox... if they were good enough, they would play... McNally has no say in team selection and I would wager that Wes will be first out the door under a new manager anyway

i know this is going off topic, but who on earth hired Rob Butler for the radio? Is he just another fan or does he actually have any credentials?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I wonder why people are sticking up for McNally saying one person was not responisble for the decision yet when it was "chase out" it was JUST chase, and not Jones and Lockwood... who were responisble for the decisions?

the Buck ALWAYS stops at the top.. and if McNally is the main decision maker at the club then someone needs to ask him what he is doing and question his accountability.

the "Alienation" of Hoolahan is no different to not playing Fox... if they were good enough, they would play... McNally has no say in team selection and I would wager that Wes will be first out the door under a new manager anyway

[/quote]Chase was very high-profile and very powerful. He was not only chairman/part owner but effectively chief executive as well. The equivalent now would be one person as Smith and Jones-Bowkett-McNally.And McNally is not the main decision-maker at the club. He is not the top. I don''t doubt he is closest to the football side and his views on that carry a fair bit of weight. But the decisons are made by a board of seven directors, three of whom are vastly experienced  in running (mainly successfully) a football club.

How do you know that McN is the sole one who could sack Hughton? Could he go against the wishes of the Board, for example.

Unlike in most businesses, the CEO has very regular contacts with Chairman and main shareholders. Have they abdicated all responsibility to him?

McNally out?. Er no thanks - none of us know f*ck all of what''s going on behind closed doors, for all you know he could be onside with the Hughton outers and the majority up top are saying ''Hughton stays'', so it''s amazing McNally''s being singled out for a bit of grief!. The history speaks for itself during McNally''s tenure - be careful what you wish for...

[quote user="Alex "]McNally out?. Er no thanks - none of us know f*ck all of what''s going on behind closed doors, for all you know he could be onside with the Hughton outers and the majority up top are saying ''Hughton stays'', so it''s amazing McNally''s being singled out for a bit of grief!. The history speaks for itself during McNally''s tenure - be careful what you wish for...[/quote]

IF this is true -

[quote user="dreamteam"]McNally removed Gunn who was an emotional appointment by the previous clueless administration. McNally was the hard nosed operator who secured Lambert from ColU. Bowkett renegotiated the debt repayments with the banks before we got to the PL. We were days from administration. McNally and Bowkett turned the club from a soft touch selling club to a much more businesslike operation on and off the pitch. I am not dismissing Lamberts role, I think he gave us 3 great seasons. We were floundering for years before McNally and Bowkett came along. The previous bunch wouldn''t have had the guts to get Lambert. I understand that people want to change the manager, but to dismantle the whole board set up would be nuts.[/quote]

McNally, was the ruthless man, who got rid of Gunn, got Lambert, took no prisoners, was given the McNasty tag by many, then does he therefore now have less influence?  Did he never have the influence and was the praise attributed to him, misplaced by so many and were such decisions joint ones and not just his?  What responsibility comes with being CEO of a Premier League football club on c. £1m a year?