Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

It's too late.

Even if CH was to be sacked this second, there will be no "quality" manager coming to take the reigns. January''s gone and we''re staring down the barrel of a gun, nobody will want to come here.

After last night I am now an "outer" but I can''t see the point in doing a Wolves and promoting Neil Adams, look where they ended up.

It is not as though we are 10 points adrift. I think we would be a very attractive proposition to a host of managers even on a caretaker basis. As YC said on a different thread we need a short term bounce just to get safe. In the summer we can sort out the long term.

[quote user="splutcho"]Even if CH was to be sacked this second, there will be no "quality" manager coming to take the reigns. January''s gone and we''re staring down the barrel of a gun, nobody will want to come here.

After last night I am now an "outer" but I can''t see the point in doing a Wolves and promoting Neil Adams, look where they ended up.[/quote]
It''s not too late.  A short term manager until May could be enough to get a dead cat bounce to save our skins.  Doing nothing is not an option imo.

Do you honestly think so? In November or December perhaps. But seriously, who? Di Canio? Because I think I''d rather go down.

But to be fair Tumbleweed, you''re right, we''re not cut adrift, I''m over exaggerating. Something I''m always moaning at people on here for doing. Frustrating, this football thing.

Looks like my call was correct again. CH will still be here in May. Whether we are still in the Premier League next season is somewhat more debatable.

There won''t be more than a couple of points in it either way.

Ricky''s predictions spot on as usual.

''stay as we are we are relegated''

It''s comments like this that realists (not ''inners'') hate because we''re not in the relegation zone. I can understand why people are concerned like me and most on here want hughton gone but people seem to forget that there are other teams worse than us in this league

[quote user="mrs miggins"]''stay as we are we are relegated'' It''s comments like this that realists (not ''inners'') hate because we''re not in the relegation zone. I can understand why people are concerned like me and most on here want hughton gone but people seem to forget that there are other teams worse than us in this league[/quote]

But I don''t understand this whole "not in the relegation zone" thing - correct we are not, but why does that even matter right now?! The fact is we are as good as there in my opinion - look at the facts - we had a 6 point cushion above the relegation places at one stage. That''s now whittled down to 5 points off bottom place. We can''t score goals and I''d say we are in freefall. What is it now, one win in 10 and a shocking goals against column. You might sit there and say we''re not in the relegation zone, but we are in relegation form which is showing no signs of changing.

The problem is we are now losing to the teams around us.  Soon there will be no-one left below us because we have gifted them all three points.Whatever happens, it''s going to take a radical change in form to keep Norwich in the Premier League, regardless of who is in charge.Where will the wins come in the next 8 games when we play most of our relegation rivals?  Where will the goals come from to win those games?  Last night was as good as the players and manger can do, but still we had the poor finishing in attack meaning we couldn''t win, and still we had the lapses in concentration in defence meaning we ended up losing.Everything needs to change if Norwich are to stand any chance of staying up. 

I fear that it is indeed too late, even if Hughton could think without bias rigidity or habit.Above all when previously prolific scorers can''t score, it needs a little more vision than merely practising shooting each week.They are not going to become outstanding strikers again quickly. They are fast becoming destroyed, especially RvW when Hooper is replaced by the non-striking Elmander.

Everything is now more or less rigidly set up, and short of the returning Howson somehow changing things, I have my doubts whether any new manager could do much.

but we''re not as good as there. We win the next game and everything will be looking ok again. We''re playing well, just not getting the results. Is that good enough, no, burin my opinion our form is going to change. But taking opinions out and just looking at facts and the club we are, I don''t really know what people expect. Other supporters of different clubs would expect us to be where we are, just outside the relegation. I just think we have a lot of fight in our, especially recently, and think its a shame that you can''t see it

Mike Phelan on a trial basis. If he keeps us up and the performances improve- he gets the job. If he struggles it is no worse than Hughton anyway and we recamp.

It is a risk in one sense but worth taking

[quote user="ricardo"]Looks like my call was correct again. CH will still be here in May. Whether we are still in the Premier League next season is somewhat more debatable.

There won''t be more than a couple of points in it either way.

Ricky''s predictions spot on as usual.[/quote]

You Are the Man

how is it worth taking? You get so much rewards for being in the PL, why would you risk it for someone who has never been a manager before. I could understand it if you had say Laudrop, but Phelan. wtf

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Mike Phelan on a trial basis. If he keeps us up and the performances improve- he gets the job. If he struggles it is no worse than Hughton anyway and we recamp.

It is a risk in one sense but worth taking[/quote]It''s not going to happen so why bother to pursue this line. CH will be here to the bitter end.

I suppose it comes down to if you think Hughtons management, coaching and tactics are winning us any points, or if we''re just picking up point''s based on the squads ability.

Theres nothing I really see Hughton doing where I think, yup, hes set us up v, well and got us the points. Other than something like man city at home, but thats rather an exception to the norm.

So I dont really see a negative in changing manager now.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Mike Phelan on a trial basis. If he keeps us up and the performances improve- he gets the job. If he struggles it is no worse than Hughton anyway and we recamp.

It is a risk in one sense but worth taking[/quote]It''s not going to happen so why bother to pursue this line. CH will be here to the bitter end.[/quote]RICARDO HAS SPOKEN! No further posts allowed please Ladies and Gentlemen!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Mike Phelan on a trial basis. If he keeps us up and the performances improve- he gets the job. If he struggles it is no worse than Hughton anyway and we recamp.

It is a risk in one sense but worth taking[/quote]It''s not going to happen so why bother to pursue this line. CH will be here to the bitter end.[/quote]Just the other day you said he may go if we lose to West Ham , now its back to he wont go again , you couldnt make it up .

I think it''s going to be tight at the bottom, and we may scrape through with about 38 points. We have winnable home games (Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom), I''d expect to get at least a point from the Villa and Swansea games. This takes us to the dreaded final five, I think we will get at least 2 draws out them.